Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• East Noble
    • Evansville Memorial

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

We will put a lot of pressure on Parker, he seems like a good kid! 

Great football player, and from what I have heard an even better role model. His parents should definitely be proud of him.

Hobart was able to get a lot of pressure on him and he took a lot of hits. He was still able to put up some impressive numbers, but that pressure definitely caused some of the mistakes for EN.

I think this game has the makings to be one of the best games to watch this weekend.  That being said the key to this game will be turnovers.  EN has a potent offense with Bailey Parker amassing an insane amount of yardage on the season but isn't their only weapon. The pair of 6'4-6'6 receivers are problematic for most teams as even if you double coverage one of them there's still the other.  They also have a talented rb who has "quietly" rushed for over 1000 yards on the season.  EN's defense is really the problem here as they create turnovers in pass game and are hard to run on consistently.  Having read one comment about them "playing inferior competition" is just ridiculous.  They have played a host of teams that could be playing for a state championship this weekend instead.  They have played multiple ranked opponents and come out on top so I don't think strength of schedule will be a factor. What will be a factor is the inexperience.  Its been 17 years since EN has been to the championship and nerves and inexperience may get them a little rattled if things don't go as planned early.  That being said Evansville on paper doesn't seem as qualified but I'm guessing they have some serious speed at key positions and it looks like they have a QB who can throw the ball downfield and run the ball.  Seems the majority of their big plays are WR screens and QB Read plays so that tells me they have enough speed to match EN in the big play department.  It's an interesting matchup now that some of the private schools have moved out of 4a and into 5a you're getting to see the best the state has to offer and programs that easily could have played for State championships the past few years but were thwarted in the past by the major Private schools.  Regardless how the game ends up I think it should be a good game and it will come down to limiting turnovers and coaching adjustments.  I'm interested to see the EM offense as a whole but wondering how they plan to stop EN with their 4-2-5 defense.  Should be a close one EN 31- EM 28

2 hours ago, ENDB said:

Evansville on paper doesn't seem as qualified

Evansville Memorial

qualified?? 

2 hours ago, ENDB said:

It's an interesting matchup now that some of the private schools have moved out of 4a and into 5a you're getting to see the best the state has to offer and programs that easily could have played for State championships the past few years but were thwarted in the past by the major Private schools

You do realize EM is private and has played for State the past two years??  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Indystar's prediction from Kyle Neddenriep: 

Class 4A: East Noble (14-0) vs. Evansville Memorial (12-1), 3:30 p.m.: Evansville Memorial is getting used to the drive. The Tigers are making a third consecutive appearance in Lucas Oil Stadium after winning the 3A title in 2017 and finishing as runner-up last year in 3A. Moving up a class has not bothered Memorial, which can run and throw effectively and has been tested by a tough schedule for coach John Hurley, who can win his 100th game on Saturday. East Noble has one of the most prolific passers in the state in Bailey Parker (2,995 passing yards, 39 TDs), who also has more than 1,300 rushing yards. The Knights are back in the title game for the first time since 2003 and looking for their first championship since 2000. Evansville Memorial 24, East Noble 21.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Evansville Memorial

qualified?? 

You do realize EM is private and has played for State the past two years??  

Talking bout this season. They’ve been beaten and have what appears on paper as an inconsistent offense. They don’t score as much as EN has and maybe there’s a disparity in conference strength but I think it’s going to be a heck of a game regardless. And yes was more talking bout Dwenger always knocking out teams from the north. I’m not trying to knock EM at all as I don’t know enough about them to really say outside of reading stat lines and ratings. Going to be a good one

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger391 said:

For all the tigers fan out there anybody know what Sam De Jam is going rhyme East Noble with? It's been bothering me all week #FTF 

Global? Chernobyl? 
Certainly nothing as slick as “The only good things that come from Heritage Hills are the Voyage, the Legend and free refills”!  That was all-time!!  LOL. 

• Haha 1

The key matchup in this game is Memorial's def front vs EN offensive line. EN's offensive line is much larger, but Memorial's front 4 has overwhelmed nearly every team they have faced. Comb's speed and power can't be fully appreciated until you see him live. The EN QB will be the best Memorial has faced all year. Central had some outstanding receivers, but they were 5'6. These EN receivers are 6'6 and 6'4. Both teams boast diverse spread offenses. EN is a better run team, but Memorial is a better screen and gimmick play team. Going to be a great game!

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 3:07 AM, jimsinchur said:

Memorial, ill tell ya those boys play ball. Well coached, great players, great winning tradition these past few years! Our warriors can atest to that too! 

Memorial has played far tougher competition and have faced far more established coaches than this EN team has the entire year!

The lack of competition has given EN a free ride to state and will also be the biggest downfall of this team!

Memorial wins this one simply because they have been here, done this, and will do it again!

EM: 35

EN: 20

I feel it important to say too, i think 20 for EN is a stretch vs this memorial team!

In terms of "Memorial has played far tougher competition'.....that's simply not true.  Sagarin puts East Noble's SOS 68th in the state Memorial is at 84.  EN has played 6 top 64 teams;  Memorial played 3.  

EN's playoff run saw them beat DeKalb, which lost three games -- two of them to EN;  Leo, which lost two games -- both to EN;  Mississinewa, which only lost 2 games -- one to EN and one to 2A state finalist Eastbrook;  and Hobart, who lost 3 games -- two to 6A schools and one to  EN.  That's a playoff path against teams that finished 40-4 in their games not involving EN.

Parker gets rid of the ball so quick that it's hard to get pressure on him.  I do think that if you can force them have to run the ball you can be somewhat successful......I just don't know how you do that.  What is underrated is how good their defense is.  They have had games where teams have put up 20+ on them, but part of that is the product of their offensive system and how many plays are going to get run.  Hobart is a ball control offense and had a 17-0 lead and at the end of the day EN ran 77 plays on offense.

EN 35, EM 21 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaDog44 said:

In terms of "Memorial has played far tougher competition'.....that's simply not true.  Sagarin puts East Noble's SOS 68th in the state Memorial is at 84.  EN has played 6 top 64 teams;  Memorial played 3.  

EN's playoff run saw them beat DeKalb, which lost three games -- two of them to EN;  Leo, which lost two games -- both to EN;  Mississinewa, which only lost 2 games -- one to EN and one to 2A state finalist Eastbrook;  and Hobart, who lost 3 games -- two to 6A schools and one to  EN.  That's a playoff path against teams that finished 40-4 in their games not involving EN.

Parker gets rid of the ball so quick that it's hard to get pressure on him.  I do think that if you can force them have to run the ball you can be somewhat successful......I just don't know how you do that.  What is underrated is how good their defense is.  They have had games where teams have put up 20+ on them, but part of that is the product of their offensive system and how many plays are going to get run.  Hobart is a ball control offense and had a 17-0 lead and at the end of the day EN ran 77 plays on offense.

EN 35, EM 21 

I agree EN plays a WAY tougher schedule than EM. I don't think EM can contain Bailey our D line is not very quick. 

Courier and Press staff picks: 

KS: I've watched some film on East Noble and they're talented. Bailey Parker will be priority number one for the Tigers' defense on Saturday. I just have more faith in Memorial right now. They make plays and get stops when they need it. Memorial 28, East Noble 20.

GE: Memorial has overcome the odds all season, but the Tigers might have met their match in their bid to win a state title for the second time in three seasons. Brock Combs may once again be the best player on the team, but East Noble might be better overall. The Knights are ranked 21st overall and 1st in 4A in the Sagarin ratings (84.3) while Memorial is 45th and 7th (75.58). East Noble 24, Memorial 17

HM: After rallying from a 17-point deficit last week, East Noble is likely feeling confident going into the 4A title game. But they haven't met Brock Combs yet. The Tigers have had players step up week in and week out during the postseason and I think we'll see that happen once again. Memorial 28, East Noble 24. 

CL: The Sagarin Ratings say it could be a 10-point game and Massey Ratings call for a 3-point game, but both favor East Noble to defeat Memorial. The Tigers have been impressive this year. They’ve found ways to win even when they’re seemingly not on their A-game by playing strong defense and keeping games close. Hats off to them for getting to state for a third straight year. Maybe they’ll prove the outsiders like me wrong and once again hoist the state championship trophy, but I’m playing it how it looks on paper. East Noble 24, Memorial 14.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, ENDB said:

It's an interesting matchup now that some of the private schools have moved out of 4a and into 5a you're getting to see the best the state has to offer and programs that easily could have played for State championships the past few years but were thwarted in the past by the major Private schools. 

Errrrr........those privates like Columbus East and New Palestine?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If the wait is this bad for us, imagine how the kids feel! Having said that, my boy comes home today and says "Lucas oil is a nice stadium." "The turf is way nicer than ours but plays the same." That's it! Lol. Kids I tell ya!!!

I always hope for a blow out win when my boy plays, but I enjoy a close game so much more. So proud of these kids and what they have accomplished.

Good luck to EM Saturday

GO KNIGHTS

3 minutes ago, CrazyBill said:

If the wait is this bad for us, imagine how the kids feel! Having said that, my boy comes home today and says "Lucas oil is a nice stadium." "The turf is way nicer than ours but plays the same." That's it! Lol. Kids I tell ya!!!

I always hope for a blow out win when my boy plays, but I enjoy a close game so much more. So proud of these kids and what they have accomplished.

Good luck to EM Saturday

GO KNIGHTS

Same to you, brother.  Hope the kids stay injury free, the game is good, and everyone enjoys the experience.  BTW, the turf is better than anything I’ve ever seen..