Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)

4A: East Noble (14-0) vs Evansville Memorial (12-1)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• East Noble
    • Evansville Memorial

This poll is closed to new votes

Final score surprises me.  Was Memorial able to get pressure on Parker?  When I saw him play he got rid of it so quickly it was hard to do that.  I did think that EN would have trouble running the ball but would make up for in the air.  Looks like I was wrong.

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s crazy to think how much talent memorial has graduated over the past 3 years and yet they are in LOS every year.....even after being moved up a class too. 

If we were still in 3A this year, we probably wouldn’t be celebrating right now.

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

If we were still in 3A this year, we probably wouldn’t be celebrating right now.

Maybe.  I think defensively you guys would have been one of the best teams but 32 was a gauntlet again.  I know personally that I wrote you guys off in the preseason and laughed at the idea that your defense got better.  Boy was I wrong.  

more than anything I’m impressed that this team was it’s own new team. This wasn’t the Lindauer to Branson team where you couldn’t do anything to stop them or slow them down. Instead this team made its own mark through a new identity and got the job finished.  Obviously a lot of guys on last years team carried over but many embraced new roles and what not. 

incredible job.  

now before anyone else starts this talk I would like to......

what are y’all gonna do if you have to play in 5A in 2021 with only 600 kids for enrollment 😂. Obviously have a lot of work to even make that happen but the possibility it certainly there now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaDog44 said:

Final score surprises me.  Was Memorial able to get pressure on Parker?  When I saw him play he got rid of it so quickly it was hard to do that.  I did think that EN would have trouble running the ball but would make up for in the air.  Looks like I was wrong.

Was the QB hurt or sick or something?   He put up some serious numbers this year and he was thoroughly unimpressive all day.  Didn't look athletic at all and had no zip on the ball. Was expecting much, much more from the EN offense. 

3 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

You sure you’re qualified to use the word “we”?  I think EM vs. BC would have been a much closer game this year.  This year’s BC QB seemed to know who was on his team....

Edited by tango

2 hours ago, tango said:

This year’s BC QB seemed to know who was on his team....

“Ouch!”  

Congrats to the Tigers!  Incredible season and well deserved 4A Championship.

You guys will ALWAYS be the first from 3A to have done it.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

what are y’all gonna do if you have to play in 5A in 2021 with only 600 kids for enrollment 😂. Obviously have a lot of work to even make that happen but the possibility it certainly there now 

I don't think EM is going to have any trouble competing in 5A.  Which team in S15 or S16 could beat EM?  New Pal will likely move up so if EM wins the regional then they'll get Cathedral or something equivalent in semi-state.  We played them competitively this year so EM probably could have as well.  Winning a regional and being competitive in semi-state is pertty good for playing up 2 classes.  Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but I don't forsee them being outmatched by any means.  

Edited by George Orwell 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Was the QB hurt or sick or something?   He put up some serious numbers this year and he was thoroughly unimpressive all day.  Didn't look athletic at all and had no zip on the ball. Was expecting much, much more from the EN offense. 

I just think EM's defense did what nobody else was able to do, make someone other than Parker beat them. Overall EN's offense looked really bad, they were being dominated up front making it nearly impossible to have any time to throw the ball. The turnover's also did not help. They escaped semi state with 6 and making the same mistakes again was a recipe for disaster in the state game. EM definitely was the more physical team, congrats to the Tiger's on the win!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tiger391 said:

Memorial is going be in rebuild mode next year going ask a lot of talented young sophomores to step up! But with what we have coming up we will see Lucas oil again very soon....... #FTF

Most of SW Indiana thought y’all were rebuilding after last year too 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger391 said:

Memorial is going be in rebuild mode next year going ask a lot of talented young sophomores to step up! But with what we have coming up we will see Lucas oil again very soon....... #FTF

“Rebuilding” is an embellished term at P/P’s...

6 hours ago, Prospect said:

I just think EM's defense did what nobody else was able to do, make someone other than Parker beat them. Overall EN's offense looked really bad, they were being dominated up front making it nearly impossible to have any time to throw the ball. The turnover's also did not help. They escaped semi state with 6 and making the same mistakes again was a recipe for disaster in the state game. EM definitely was the more physical team, congrats to the Tiger's on the win!

I don’t want to take away anything from any of the kids on Memorial’s D.  They got a lot of contributions from a slew of kids - Brackett, Johnson, Jones, Stepto, Lively, Agler, etal.

But Brock Combs and Ben Johnson are a lethal combination.  Ben’s as smart of a defensive mind as you’ll run into at the HS level.  And Brock is just a rare physical specimen with an insatiable killer instinct and a twin-turbo motor with a bottomless fuel tank.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

Really have to respect what Memorial has done, though.....P/P or otherwise.   
It seems they literally cobbled together a State Championship run from play to play starting the first Friday in Sectionals.

Amazing stuff.  I cannot give them enough credit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

What does this mean?

Memorial has had an incredible run the past three years.  That’s true.  And Coach Hurley took two other teams to back to back runner-up appearances in ‘08 and ‘09.

But in between, there were a bunch of tough years.  A couple years ago, it was a running joke how long it had been since Memorial had beaten certain opponents — namely Jasper, Reitz, and Mater Dei.  Two of the three of those are not P/P schools.

I mean, I get that programs like Cathedral, Chatard, and Dwenger seem to always be good. But that doesn’t mean that any P/P program is always good and just has the luxury of getting whoever they want/need to succeed.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Really have to respect what Memorial has done, though.....P/P or otherwise.   
It seems they literally cobbled together a State Championship run from play to play starting the first Friday in Sectionals.

Amazing stuff.  I cannot give them enough credit.

Was just thinking the same thing. Congratulations Memorial on another great season! Very impressive considering the talent that graduated last year.

The Combs boys have been a pleasure to watch over the past few years (with the exception of one game...). I love the way they play the game. Are there any more Combs coming through the pipeline?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Congratulations Memorial on another great season! Very impressive considering the talent that graduated last year.

The Combs boys have been a pleasure to watch over the past few years (with the exception of one game...). I love the way they play the game. Are there any more Combs coming through the pipeline?

The youngest, Brady, is in sixth grade.

Hats off to Memorial. The more physical team won the game. That drive in the 3rd quarter was a killer, but I still can’t get over how poorly EN played offensively. A lot of that had to do with the pressure and EN’s inability to slow down the rush at all. The lack of screens, quick passes, and Hayden Jones not touching the ball at all was shocking to me.