Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

It’s fitting that these two schools meet at LOS now that Chatard has been moved North - lots a tradition between them....and mutual respect, I hope.  It’s been a few years now but, for some time, it was almost an annual game.....maybe more like a war.

I think this Chatard team is a pretty special one (even for Chatard), maybe even an historically good one, and would like to see them roll just as they have done in every game so far (excepting...that..........one) but Heritage Hills, in years past, has always had an answer for Chatard no matter how good Chatard was that year. 

I’d be surprised if they didn’t have an answer again.

Hoping both teams play their best and when the smoke clears the Trojans come out on top.

Seriously though, it just seems right these two particular teams finally meet at Lucas Oil....where they should have been playing all along.

• Like 5

Agreed.  It is appropriate that these teams meet at LOS.

Here is the way this MUST play out for HH to win.  I believe HH wins this because it will be the first time this year that they have played 4 quarters of football.  These guys don't start playing until the 2 half.  It isn't simply the coaches making adjustments--although they have made spectacular adjustments....in the games that have been tougher...where was the difference?  All those games that were close, then the second half showed up and those teams don't score (or score very little) and HH piles on the points.  They must come out and play every snap like the game depends on it, because against Chatard--the game will depend on every snap.  If we play like the other games where we were soft the 1st half we will likely get in a hole that we can't get out of.

The first half of all of our playoff games were very close in the first half--against GS we were getting our butts kicked, SR was tight at the half, Sinktown tight at the half, Danville tight at the half.  With the exception of GS, none of those games were close at the end.

No score prediction but I'll take HH in a very close slobberknocker--IF we play 4 quarters.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 9:14 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Chatard is beatable and no doubt you will see new wrinkles in the HH offense.

Who said Chatard is beatable? Losing one game to a real powerhouse isn’t considered beatable at the 3A level. Nobody else has come close, and I don’t see it happening at LOS. This is the best Chatard team I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching Catholic school ball in the city for a long time. I’m exteremely excited for this thread this week. Finally some arrogant fans I can talk some smack to LOL. I understand the optimism but my pick is Chatard 45-10 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Here is the way this MUST play out for HH to win.  I believe HH wins this because it will be the first time this year that they have played 4 quarters of football.  These guys don't start playing until the 2 half.  It isn't simply the coaches making adjustments--although they have made spectacular adjustments....in the games that have been tougher...where was the difference?  All those games that were close, then the second half showed up and those teams don't score (or score very little) and HH piles on the points.  They must come out and play every snap like the game depends on it, because against Chatard--the game will depend on every snap.  If we play like the other games where we were soft the 1st half we will likely get in a hole that we can't get out of.

The first half of all of our playoff games were very close in the first half--against GS we were getting our butts kicked, SR was tight at the half, Sinktown tight at the half, Danville tight at the half.  With the exception of GS, none of those games were close at the end.

No score prediction but I'll take HH in a very close slobberknocker--IF we play 4 quarters.

I find this very interesting in contrast to Chatard. Chatard is quite the opposite, they start VERY fast and run it up early. I believe they’ve had a running clock the second half of every game except maybe 2 or 3. And they’ve done it against a legitimate city schedule. You don’t want to start slow vs this team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

If u don’t play four quarters and wake up until halftime, you’ll find yourself down by 28. 

4 hours ago, TeddyGuerin said:

Who said Chatard is beatable? Losing one game to a real powerhouse isn’t considered beatable at the 3A level. Nobody else has come close, and I don’t see it happening at LOS. This is the best Chatard team I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching Catholic school ball in the city for a long time. I’m exteremely excited for this thread this week. Finally some arrogant fans I can talk some smack to LOL. I understand the optimism but my pick is Chatard 45-10 😂

Let’s hope the hype is real this year. It seemed real last year!! 😂😜  It looked real last year......in the 4th vs EM’s JV  

Actually think it is real this year as it has been in many years.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TeddyGuerin said:

What makes you say this is the best Chatard fan ever? Can you please detail the difference between a city schedule and Catholic team than a regular 3A team? Are they faster? Do they hit harder? Pray better? 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Screagle said:

Let’s hope the hype is real this year. It seemed real last year!! 😂😜  It looked real last year......in the 4th vs EM’s JV  

Actually think it is real this year as it has been in many years.  

I’m pickin’ up what you’re puttin’ down.

It’s entirely possible that this year’s Chatard team is just that much better than everybody else in 3A.  So I would not be surprised if they win, by a small margin or a big margin.

But you’re certainly right that we heard a lot of the same talk last year.  And my beloved Tigers thumped them pretty decisively.  After that game, it was hard to avoid the notion of Indy bias — whether from fans or media.

It would be like any team from Indiana — New Pal, 2017 Ben Davis, last year’s WC — playing an elite team from Texas.  Few would give the Indiana team a chance...because Indiana teams don’t beat Texas teams in HS football.

But there’s a reason they play the games.  Go Pats!

• Like 4
  • Disdain 2

22 hours ago, BCstate said:

Who do u think Chatard has been running all over this year, 1A teams? HH isn’t going to scare Chatard and the O Line and Taylor are incredible. And don’t forget a Sowinski at WR.  Choose your poison. 

and - wyatt Schrader (lb)

and - kyle cheek (qb)

and - pat mastrian (s)

and - George assalley (dl)

and - tim mcnelis

and - max schrage

and - ol - joe Solomon, Dakota boyd, alex geise, jack woodcock, will mason

and - derion gilbert (rb)

the list goes on and on and on.

This is a very, very solid team with no drop off or significant weakness. OL and DL are exceptional. Offense brings outstanding run or pass - choose your poison (as mentioned above).  Game is played on the field, but if this team does it's job, then Friday will be a Trojan celebration! So excited for this entire week.

Chatard 42

HH 14 (unless coaches decide to keep starters in for entire game)

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like Lou Holtz (cc: @Lysander 😁), I think this will be a great game.  Expecting it to be very close either way.  BCHS better come ready to play.

I'm thrilled for HH to be back in the State Finals. I have tons of respect for your great program, staff and fanbase.

Really looking forward to this week. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

and - wyatt Schrader (lb)

and - kyle cheek (qb)

and - pat mastrian (s)

and - George assalley (dl)

and - tim mcnelis

and - max schrage

and - ol - joe Solomon, Dakota boyd, alex geise, jack woodcock, will mason

and - derion gilbert (rb)

the list goes on and on and on.

:classic_rolleyes: Come on man!  Really?  Why not just post your entire roster?  The Patriots have players all over the field too but I won't be listing them all out on here.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

:classic_rolleyes: Come on man!  Really?  Why not just post your entire roster?  The Patriots have players all over the field too but I won't be listing them all out on here.  

you bet...:classic_laugh:

# YR POS HT WT AFFILLIATION 2

1 Derion Gilbert 12 RB/LB 5'10 180 Fall Creek 0

2 Daylen Taylor 12 RB/LB 5'10 185 CKS 1

3 Joe Calvert 11 LB/RB 5'10 165 St. Pius 9

4 Wyatt Schrader 12 RB/LB 5'11 185 St. Pius # VARSITY FOOTBALL YR POS HT WT AFFILIATION

5 Kyle Cheek 12 QB/DB 5'11 170 St. Pius 45 Raul Artega 10 QB/DB 5'8 160 St. Gabriel

6 Brady Kinnett 11 WR/DB 5'9 175 St. Pius 47 Jahvon McDowell 10 WR/LB 5'10 155 Indpls Jr Acad

7 Jack Annee 10 QB/DB 6'0 175 CKS 48 Jackson Bolen 11 DB/WR 5'8 175 St. Michael

9 Carter St. John 10 QB/DB 5'11 170 Zionsville MS 49 Jack McGillicuddy 12 WR/DB 6'4 190 St. Luke

10 Tim McNelis 12 TE/LB 6'3 210 IHM 50 Liam Jennings 11 OL/DL 6'0 215 St. Thomas

11 Max Schrage 12 WR/DB 5'11 185 St. Luke 51 Brandon Salas 10 OL/DL 6'0 210 St. Lawrence

12 Will Starliper 11 QB/DB 5'9 175 St. Pius 52 Isiah Ford 11 OL/DL 5'10 220 St. Joan of Arc

13 Leo Dilts 12 WR/DB 6'1 180 CKS 53 Jack Woodcock 11 OL/DL 6'2 250 St. Michael

14 Thomas Joven 11 RB/LB 5'8 175 St. Simon 54 Daniel Konvolinka 10 OL/DL 6'2 215 IHM

15 Jerricho Jacobs 11 CB/WR 5'9 175 Home School 55 Alex Geise 12 OL/DL 6'0 240 Fall Creek

16 Tommy Hannon 10 RB/LB 5'8 150 St. Pius 56 Maccoy Lewis 11 OL/DL 5'11 210 St. Simon

17 AJ Roseman 10 WR/CB 5'8 150 St. Lawrence 57 Joseph Solomon 12 OL/DL 6'5 270 St. Luke

18 Patrick Mastrian 12 WR/DB 6'0 190 St. Simon 58 Cooper Berry 10 OL/DL 5'10 185 St. Simon

19 Kyle Haslett 11 LB/TE 6'1 190 St. Thomas 59 Michael Borchers 10 OL/DL 6'1 180 St. Simon

20 Matthew Coons 11 RB/DB 6'0 185 St. Simon 60 Jacob Szydlyk 12 OL/DL 6'3 210 St. Matthew

21 Hunter Boyd 12 WR/DB 5'10 170 St. Matthew 61 Ian Perry 10 TE/LB 5'11 190 St. Simon

22 Andrew Sowinski 12 WR/DB 6'0 175 CKS 62 Dakota Boyd 11 OL/DL 6'0 240 St. Matthew

23 Joey Thatcher 11 LB/TE 6'0 195 CKS 63 George Assalley 12 OL/DL 5'10 235 St. Simon

25 Patrick Countryman 10 TE/LB 5'10 170 SPX 64 Jack Benson 12 OL/DL 5'9 235 CKS

26 Ben Sitzman 10 WR/DB 5'10 175 St. Simon 65 Andrew Squier 12 OL/DL 6'0 230 St. Simon

27 Solomon Jacobs 10 WR/DB 5'10 155 Holy Rosary 67 Trevor Meyer 11 OL/DL 5'11 240 CKS

28 Andre Moore 11 RB/DB 5'11 175 St. Lawrence 68 Eric Onate-Barlow 12 OL/DL 6'0 220 St. Luke

29 Anthony Boso 12 WR/DB 6'1 185 St. Simon 70 Will Mason 11 OL/DL 6'3 250 CKS

30 Todd Kelsey 10 WR/DB 5'11 175 St. Pius 71 Joe Roberts 11 OL/DL 6'2 225 St. Michael

31 Dylan Peters 10 RB/DB 5'6 145 St. Luke 72 Nate Garza 11 OL/DL 6'0 225 Riverside

32 Collin Bell 10 WR/DB 5'5 140 St. Malachy 76 Alex Harris 11 OL/DL 6'4 225 St. Luke

33 Joey Reynolds 11 WR/DB 5'10 170 St. Malachy 77 Hayes Shepherd 12 OL/DL 6'1 220 CKS

34 Tanner Quackenbush 10 RB/LB 5'10 175 IHM 79 Nick Keasey 10 OL/DL 6'1 300 St. Matthew

35 Owen Bruce 11 WR/DB 5'8 170 CKS 80 Nick Babcock 10 TE/LB 6'0 200 St. Simon

36 Nathan Cmehil 11 RB/DB 5'9 170 St Michael 81 John Schafer 10 WR/DB 6'0 150 IHM

37 Zach Fillenwarth 11 LB 5'9 180 CKS 82 Thomas Coleman 11 WR/DB 6'3 170 St. Lawrence

• Haha 1
  • Sit and spin 1

I want nothing more than for HH to win this game but I just don't see how. If Chatard stops the run on 1st and 2nd downs it will force HH to throw it more than they want. 

Ill be rooting on HH in hotel lobby at the Marriott drinking cold tiger BLs with all my fellow memorial fans! #FTF

38-17 Chatard. (Hope I'm wrong)

15 minutes ago, Tiger391 said:

I want nothing more than for HH to win this game but I just don't see how. If Chatard stops the run on 1st and 2nd downs it will force HH to throw it more than they want. 

Ill be rooting on HH in hotel lobby at the Marriott drinking cold tiger BLs with all my fellow memorial fans! #FTF

38-17 Chatard. (Hope I'm wrong)

Patriots are going to have to do everything right, stay disciplined, and stay diesel from the first bell to win this one no doubt. Just remember though, there's a difference between not being able to pass and not having to pass.  By the end of this one I'm sure we'll see it all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I am not sure our boys know how to play in blue uniforms!!  We have only worn blue once in 7 weeks!!!!  

White got us a State Title in 2000 and win over Chatard at Franklin Central in 2004. Speaking of which, don't most Chatard fans believe the 2003 or 2004 teams were the best Trojan squads in the playoff era? 

For full transparency, I believe there is a general consensus that 2002, 2000, 1999 and the 1980 were best? HH squads were tops. The 1999 roster was better than the 2000, but key injuries particularly to Jon Goldsberry (Purdue/NFL) and a TE, other RB, and a few others made meeting up with Roncalli impossible.

Luckily, HH is at as close to full strength as possible this year. And HH does definitely have one of the best LBing corps in the state. A lineman who would start on any 6A team, and 2-3 position players who should make all-state. 

This is a physical HH team that has had defensive answers for passing teams. Again, all previous success against Chatard is to run at them and not allow their studs to flow. I expect a downhill attack and HH will take what it can get from special teams and the occasional Chatard mistake. Even the best teams make mistakes. It's the coaches and signal caller's jobs to try to exploit them. 

27 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

White got us a State Title in 2000 and win over Chatard at Franklin Central in 2004. Speaking of which, don't most Chatard fans believe the 2003 or 2004 teams were the best Trojan squads in the playoff era? 

For full transparency, I believe there is a general consensus that 2002, 2000, 1999 and the 1980 were best? HH squads were tops. The 1999 roster was better than the 2000, but key injuries particularly to Jon Goldsberry (Purdue/NFL) and a TE, other RB, and a few others made meeting up with Roncalli impossible.

Luckily, HH is at as close to full strength as possible this year. And HH does definitely have one of the best LBing corps in the state. A lineman who would start on any 6A team, and 2-3 position players who should make all-state. 

This is a physical HH team that has had defensive answers for passing teams. Again, all previous success against Chatard is to run at them and not allow their studs to flow. I expect a downhill attack and HH will take what it can get from special teams and the occasional Chatard mistake. Even the best teams make mistakes. It's the coaches and signal caller's jobs to try to exploit them. 

That 2002 HH team was NASTY. I don't like using the term "choked" because it's high school football...things happen. But man how that team didn't play for a State Title is beyond me. I know that Chatard had a pretty good squad that year, but that HH team was very good. As was 1999-2000 with the Kress boys/Goldsberry. Pretty good run of talent right there. 

As far as this years team/game this Friday - I can't really give an educated opinion as I have not seen Chatard play at all. I do know that this HH team has the ability to slow the game down/shorten possessions and generally won't beat themselves and will be sound in all phases of special teams. 

• Like 1