Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

14 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

White got us a State Title in 2000 and win over Chatard at Franklin Central in 2004. Speaking of which, don't most Chatard fans believe the 2003 or 2004 teams were the best Trojan squads in the playoff era? 

For full transparency, I believe there is a general consensus that 2002, 2000, 1999 and the 1980 were best? HH squads were tops. The 1999 roster was better than the 2000, but key injuries particularly to Jon Goldsberry (Purdue/NFL) and a TE, other RB, and a few others made meeting up with Roncalli impossible.

Luckily, HH is at as close to full strength as possible this year. And HH does definitely have one of the best LBing corps in the state. A lineman who would start on any 6A team, and 2-3 position players who should make all-state. 

This is a physical HH team that has had defensive answers for passing teams. Again, all previous success against Chatard is to run at them and not allow their studs to flow. I expect a downhill attack and HH will take what it can get from special teams and the occasional Chatard mistake. Even the best teams make mistakes. It's the coaches and signal caller's jobs to try to exploit them. 

I would concur that those teams you mentioned were special!!  What was the year when HH went for two to win it against Chatard in the semi state, 05 maybe???  That team was a special one too!!  But if you want to talk about GREAT teams that never got the chance to shine look at the 1988 team......future Colt great Ken Dilger was on that team!!  Can't remember the exact score but HH lost by 1,  maybe 21-20 to Evansville Memorial who was ranked #1 in the sectional final.  EM eventually lost in the semi state game 3-0!!  That HH team was LOADED with talent!!!  

Sorry was feeling nostalgic for a moment!!

• Like 1

I have known many of these kids since they were little and watched them for years and this is a dream come true for them.  But getting to LOS is not the goal--winning state is.  They have heard the poison all year about "everyone in 3A is playing for 2nd place".  They are chomping at the bit to do everything they can to see that BC is that 2nd place.  No, we don't have a roster full of guys that have moved in from all over the region to play for the super school that will be playing D1 football with a few playing on Sundays in a few years.  BUT, what we do have is a bunch of hard nosed country boys that will give it everything they have, every snap--and if they have the game of their life (which I think they will), it will be enough.

This has got to be the most unselfish team I have ever seen play.  

Regardless of what happens, BC may be surprised that they probably haven't been hit as hard as they will be hit Friday afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

46 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I would concur that those teams you mentioned were special!!  What was the year when HH went for two to win it against Chatard in the semi state, 05 maybe???  That team was a special one too!!  But if you want to talk about GREAT teams that never got the chance to shine look at the 1988 team......future Colt great Ken Dilger was on that team!!  Can't remember the exact score but HH lost by 1,  maybe 21-20 to Evansville Memorial who was ranked #1 in the sectional final.  EM eventually lost in the semi state game 3-0!!  That HH team was LOADED with talent!!!  

Sorry was feeling nostalgic for a moment!!

EM 20-19 over HH in 1988.  Two great teams battled for 4 Qs.  Doesn't seem like 31 years ago though....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I have known many of these kids since they were little and watched them for years and this is a dream come true for them.  But getting to LOS is not the goal--winning state is.  They have heard the poison all year about "everyone in 3A is playing for 2nd place".  They are chomping at the bit to do everything they can to see that BC is that 2nd place.  No, we don't have a roster full of guys that have moved in from all over the region to play for the super school that will be playing D1 football with a few playing on Sundays in a few years.  BUT, what we do have is a bunch of hard nosed country boys that will give it everything they have, every snap--and if they have the game of their life (which I think they will), it will be enough.

Regardless of what happens, BC may be surprised that they probably haven't been hit as hard as they will be hit Friday afternoon.

🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

and - wyatt Schrader (lb)

and - kyle cheek (qb)

and - pat mastrian (s)

and - George assalley (dl)

and - tim mcnelis

and - max schrage

and - ol - joe Solomon, Dakota boyd, alex geise, jack woodcock, will mason

and - derion gilbert (rb)

the list goes on and on and on.

This is a very, very solid team with no drop off or significant weakness. OL and DL are exceptional. Offense brings outstanding run or pass - choose your poison (as mentioned above).  Game is played on the field, but if this team does it's job, then Friday will be a Trojan celebration! So excited for this entire week.

Chatard 42

HH 14 (unless coaches decide to keep starters in for entire game)

And wait until u see this offense on a fast LOS turf. 

• Kill me now 1

14 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I believe you're mistaking Chatard for the other Northside Catholic school on 56th Street. Just take a look at the roster that was posted in the thread, 95% of the team is from Archdiocese schools on the Northside of Indy. Take your slander elsewhere. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I have known many of these kids since they were little and watched them for years and this is a dream come true for them.  But getting to LOS is not the goal--winning state is.  They have heard the poison all year about "everyone in 3A is playing for 2nd place".  They are chomping at the bit to do everything they can to see that BC is that 2nd place.  

😂😂 sure Cathedral, and some of the 6A teams we’ve played might have something to say about that. 

Check MishMarian last week, gave up 7 point on average all year and lost 45-0. Next. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BCstate said:

😂😂 sure Cathedral, and some of the 6A teams we’ve played might have something to say about that. 

Check MishMarian last week, gave up 7 point on average all year and lost 45-0. Next. 

Class size a hard hitting team does not make, for that matter neither does playing for a Catholic or Public school. JMO.

I know the score against Marian was lopsided, but they weren't at full strength were they??  I thought I was told that on a thread last week?? Not saying it makes up 45 points, but could those players have helped?

I can assure you everyone down here in the Land of Lincoln knows how good Chatard is!!

4 minutes ago, BCstate said:

You would think Chatard has been hit pretty hard all year by the following teams: 4A Sectional Champion (Roncalli), 5A Sectional Champ (Cathedral), 5A Regional Champ (Bloomington South), 3A 12-2 Regional Champ Marian, and a 6A Southport team that went 7-4 and lost to BD in the sectional championship... But @HHPatriots thinks their tackling is the second-coming of the '85 Bears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I am sure every single Chatard player (none of which have moved in from any region) will look forward to getting hit hard. They love it and will always want more. Looking forward to the match up and, of course, every player on both teams playing their hearts out! Nothing less would be acceptable. Too much work, too many years, too much love to not lay it all on the line!

I really wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers, even though I did.   Don't hear me say that I think we will run with this.  I stated (i think on page 1) that if we play in the first half like we have in the last month, we will get owned--BAD.  However, if we play 4 quarters of football, we have a real shot.  I think.  Cole Sigler said it well last week, "we didn't get off the bus until the 2nd half".

7 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I really wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers, even though I did.   Don't hear me say that I think we will run with this.  I stated (i think on page 1) that if we play in the first half like we have in the last month, we will get owned--BAD.  However, if we play 4 quarters of football, we have a real shot.  I think.  Cole Sigler said it well last week, "we didn't get off the bus until the 2nd half".

I liked and agreed with everything about your post other than the unnecessary and uninformed insinuation in the middle of it

Edited by bigfish
-