Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

:classic_dry: At least you're honest I guess.  Two best teams in 3A battling it out for the right to be call a State champion!  This is what high school football is all about!  Gotta love it!  

Absolutely gotta love it. Over 300 Indiana football teams and there are 12 left to see what 6 are left standing. Regardless, hell of an experience for all involved to be a part of it and play one last game (for the seniors) in Lucas Oil !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Absolutely gotta love it. Over 300 Indiana football teams and there are 12 left to see what 6 are left standing. Regardless, hell of an experience for all involved to be a part of it and play one last game (for the seniors) in Lucas Oil !!!

Well, apparently I exceeded the limit on likes and such (:classic_biggrin:) but ...  I couldn't agree more!  These boys, and parents, will never forget this week or season!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

What makes you say this is the best Chatard fan ever? Can you please detail the difference between a city schedule and Catholic team than a regular 3A team? Are they faster? Do they hit harder? Pray better? 

Chatard year to year has a top 20 strength of schedule in the state, playing teams with loads of D1 talent across the board like cathedral, 6A MIC teams, and traditional powerhouses out of state. And yes, typically there tends to be better football in metropolitan areas, thats true all the way across the country. Im not presuming anything, its two 3A teams, but the strength of schedule, record, and point differential for chatard is what it is.

2 hours ago, BCstate said:

😂😂 sure Cathedral, and some of the 6A teams we’ve played might have something to say about that. 

Check MishMarian last week, gave up 7 point on average all year and lost 45-0. Next. 

I'm sure your right; Cathedral or (insert next big Indianapolis team name you plan to drop) probably does have something to say bout that, but Heritage Hills does hit hard.  REALLY hard.  It is the answer to why they get better as the game goes on even though most of the team plays both ways.  It's why the running game works.  It's why the defense has allowed the least amount of points in the state this post season, and its probably why Lawrenceburg's star QB couldn't come back and play in the second half.  It's not about being boastful or dirty to say they hit really hard.  Its clean football but its who they are and why they're here.  Is it the X Factor?? Damn I sure hope so!!

Edited by TommyTwoTimes

1 minute ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

its probably why Lawrenceburg's star QB couldn't come back and play in the second half. 

I disagree. It wasn't how hard he was hit, it was the position he was in when he was hit. Just a fluke accident, that can happen in any game anywhere when 2 opponents land on top of you.

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

I have known many of these kids since they were little and watched them for years and this is a dream come true for them.  But getting to LOS is not the goal--winning state is.  They have heard the poison all year about "everyone in 3A is playing for 2nd place".  They are chomping at the bit to do everything they can to see that BC is that 2nd place.  No, we don't have a roster full of guys that have moved in from all over the region to play for the super school that will be playing D1 football with a few playing on Sundays in a few years.  BUT, what we do have is a bunch of hard nosed country boys that will give it everything they have, every snap--and if they have the game of their life (which I think they will), it will be enough.

This has got to be the most unselfish team I have ever seen play.  

Regardless of what happens, BC may be surprised that they probably haven't been hit as hard as they will be hit Friday afternoon.

Believe it or not, but the big D1 Big Ten SEC guys hit WAY harder than the country boys. And thats coming from a country boy.

40 minutes ago, Screagle said:

How does 2919 Chatard compare to 2018? I know last years team featured at D1 Ball State commit at QB that had a monster season. Seemed like there were a few others getting high D1 looks.  

Their jetpacks make them far superior.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I’m guessing both teams hit hard and both have been hit hard. I’m not sure there is any research that shows a recruit hits harder than a non-recruit. 🤷🏻‍♂️  And I’m not sure it comes down to who hits harder. I’m guessing X’s and O’s and limit turnovers will be the biggest factor in the W.  HH probably has a smaller margin for errors but I thought the same last year for EM. 

Can we all agree that every team will hit hard, will play as hard as they can, will play all 4 quarters, will be unselfish, will love each other, won't underestimate their opponent, won't give up, won't be intimidated, that they are a special group of players that have prepared their entire lives for this moment, and that the coaches will put in new wrinkles and will be prepared for anything?  That applies to every team.  Let's just take that as a given, shall we?  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m guessing both teams hit hard and both have been hit hard. I’m not sure there is any research that shows a recruit hits harder than a non-recruit. 🤷🏻‍♂️  And I’m not sure it comes down to who hits harder. I’m guessing X’s and O’s and limit turnovers will be the biggest factor in the W.  HH probably has a smaller margin for errors but I thought the same last year for EM. 

When have seven tournovers in a game you’ll lose to everyone. Chatard hasn’t had 7 all season I bet. 

1 hour ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

I'm sure your right; Cathedral or (insert next big Indianapolis team name you plan to drop) probably does have something to say bout that, but Heritage Hills does hit hard.  REALLY hard.  It is the answer to why they get better as the game goes on even though most of the team plays both ways.  It's why the running game works.  It's why the defense has allowed the least amount of points in the state this post season, and its probably why Lawrenceburg's star QB couldn't come back and play in the second half.  It's not about being boastful or dirty to say they hit really hard.  Its clean football but its who they are and why they're here.  Is it the X Factor?? Damn I sure hope so!!

We’ll see how they hold up in the third quarter when they’re playing both ways and getting pounded on every play. 

6 minutes ago, BCstate said:

When have seven tournovers in a game you’ll lose to everyone. Chatard hasn’t had 7 all season I bet. 

We’ll see how they hold up in the third quarter when they’re playing both ways and getting pounded on every play. 

Forced 7 turnovers because OL got blasted by a team with a bunch of 2 way players from SW Indiana. 

I’m sure HH is well aware of BC and what it’s going to take to compete. Don’t underestimate HH or it could be even more embarrassing in 2919. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

I’m not sure there is any research that shows a recruit hits harder than a non-recruit. 🤷🏻‍♂️  

Says the guy who supports a school that was actually banned from post season play for recruiting 😜 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

I’m shocked that everyone seems to think that this game will be a blow out. I’m not trying to take anything away from either team, but the games on Thanksgiving Weekend always seem to be close no matter how much “better” one team is than the other. I think HH matches up really well with the Trojans, run-heavy and a great defense should mean low scoring. I think the Pats have a chance at the end, but fall just short. Should be a great atmosphere and outstanding game.

Trojans 21

Pats 17

Edited by ShakeDownTheThunder

41 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Forced 7 turnovers because OL got blasted by a team with a bunch of 2 way players from SW Indiana. 

I’m sure HH is well aware of BC and what it’s going to take to compete. Don’t underestimate HH or it could be even more embarrassing in 2919. 

No doubt EM had a great game plan and forced turnovers. I would suggest some bad play calling and decision making on chatards part but that’s the way it goes. We were beat that night. 

I recognize that this is a fan site, but anyone who thinks they know how Friday is going to turn out is delusional.  There have been years we have been big favorites and lost, years where we have been underdogs and won. Years when we had good offenses, good defenses, bad offenses, and bad defenses.  Years where we knew our opponent better than any other team in the state and years where we didn't know a thing about our opponent.  We've played games in good weather, bad weather, with good officiating, and with bad officiating.  We've played close to home and far away.  We've gotten stuck in traffic, took wrong turns, had buses break down and we've had games where that has happened to our opponents.  We've played where everyone has been healthy and where we've had key injuries.  We've had years where we won big, barely won at the last second, lost big, and barely lost at the last second.  Games where we've played our best and games where we didn't.  What is going to happen on Friday?  Who knows?  Anything can happen and no one has any idea what the outcome will be.  That is the beauty of sports, after all.  Chatard has played in 95 championship games (cumulative sectional, regional, semi-state, and state).  In that many games all kinds of crazy $hit can happen and much of it has over the years.  We are 76 - 19 in those 95 games.  Now, 19 losses is a lot of losses.  That means there are a lot of stories out there about some team beating Chatard for a championship.  I commend every one of those teams. They each deserved it and, with very few exceptions, those fan bases have been gracious in victory.  But that doesn't mean that anyone who predicted those 19 losses (or those 76 victories for that matter) knows any more than anyone else.  Enjoy the banter, but, keep it civil.  These are two great programs who will play a great many more championship games in the future.  Pray for the safety of all of the players and good luck to both teams on Friday.  

Edited by George Orwell 2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

I recognize that this is a fan site, but anyone who thinks they know how Friday is going to turn out is delusional.  There have been years we have been big favorites and lost, years where we have been underdogs and won. Years when we had good offenses, good defenses, bad offenses, and bad defenses.  Years where we knew our opponent better than any other team in the state and years where we didn't know a thing about our opponent.  We've played games in good weather, bad weather, with good officiating, and with bad officiating.  We've played close to home and far away.  We've gotten stuck in traffic, took wrong turns, had buses break down and we've had games where that has happened to our opponents.  We've played where everyone has been healthy and where we've had key injuries.  We've had years where we won big, barely won at the last second, lost big, and barely lost at the last second.  Games where we've played our best and games where we didn't.  What is going to happen on Friday?  Who knows?  Anything can happen and no one has any idea what the outcome will be.  That is the beauty of sports, after all.  Chatard has played in 95 championship games (cumulative sectional, regional, semi-state, and state).  In that many games all kinds of crazy $hit can happen and much of it has over the years.  We are 76 - 19 in those 95 games.  Now, 19 losses is a lot of losses.  That means there are a lot of stories out there about some team beating Chatard for a championship.  I commend every one of those teams. They each deserved it and, with very few exceptions, those fan bases have been gracious in victory.  But that doesn't mean that anyone who predicted those 19 losses (or those 76 victories for that matter) knows any more than anyone else.  Enjoy the banter, but, keep it civil.  These are two great programs who will play a great many more championship games in the future.  Pray for the safety of all of the players and good luck to both teams on Friday.  

I think we can all agree that Animal Farm was a classic novel and that anything can happen.....

• Like 2

I would think talk of last year’s BC/EM semi state is a disservice to this year’s teams and HH. All three squads (BC, EM and HH) have earned the right to play for championships this year.

While EM may be 3-0 vs BC in recent memory, I’m not sure it’s a coincidence that EM is 0-3 the week following. It shows the physical and mental toll it takes to beat the always sound and tough BC teams. 

The best part of this HH-BC matchup is that it is at LOS. As @Lysander pointed out, it is a worthy matchup of the big stage. It will be a great one to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Trust me, college players most definitely hit harder than high school country boys. They’re bigger and able to position and adjust their body better. That’s just silly and wishful thinking