Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

4 hours ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

I’m shocked that everyone seems to think that this game will be a blow out. I’m not trying to take anything away from either team, but the games on Thanksgiving Weekend always seem to be close no matter how much “better” one team is than the other. I think HH matches up really well with the Trojans, run-heavy and a great defense should mean low scoring. I think the Pats have a chance at the end, but fall just short. Should be a great atmosphere and outstanding game.

Trojans 21

Pats 17

Can’t tell you how many folks have said this before Chatard week this year. They will be outmatched up front, almost any team in the state regardless of class is

43 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think he is getting looks but nothing in writing yet??  Taken many visits to places but nothing has become official yet.  I think he can definitely play at the next level.

He has GOT to stay low.. was getting blown off the ball last week in the first half. They were talking about it on TV.

8 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

He has GOT to stay low.. was getting blown off the ball last week in the first half. They were talking about it on TV.

Agree and disagree with the blown off the ball thing.  Offensively he was blowing kids up, and that's a young kids mind set offensively I think, be aggressive and re-establish a new line of scrimmage.  Conversely, for what ever reason defensively I think lineman (him) sometimes stand up and try and find the football, which leads to being blocked easier (blown off the ball), coupled with he was getting double teamed every play. 

You must remember one of those commentators was a pro Danville guy, everyone was getting blown off the ball, or hit hard, or obviously being held by HH, anything that made Danville look good.  

• Like 1

Just now, Patriot 74 said:

Agree and disagree with the blown off the ball thing.  Offensively he was blowing kids up, and that's a young kids mind set offensively I think, be aggressive and re-establish a new line of scrimmage.  Conversely, for what ever reason defensively I think lineman (him) sometimes stand up and try and find the football, which leads to being blocked easier (blown off the ball), coupled with he was getting double teamed every play. 

You must remember one of those commentators was a pro Danville guy, everyone was getting blown off the ball, or hit hard, or obviously being held by HH, anything that made Danville look good.  

Yes! i completely agree. and that is exactly what I saw. Offense is where he will be in college if/when he plays.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

He was also drawing double teams from the very beginning and keeping the OL off the linebackers. I agree at times he was high, but if you look at the photos, he was getting separation and getting into pursuit lanes. Ironically in the week leading up to the game he talked about  that exact strategy to the media. I'm sure if the coaches think it is a problem, it will be addressed. 

What I'm worried about is chop blocks. Chatard is NOT a dirty team. They are a physical team that plays through the whistle. In the trenches though, HH has to be ready to see blocking techniques which border on chopping vs chipping. Chatard wants to get to the HH LBers which by no secret are the strength of these Patriots.

How many Durys and Bakers and Frank the Tanks on this Trojans' squad? 

Three more days. Three more days.

So looking forward to this game at LOS. There is no doubt these two teams have prepared, worked hard, had huge levels of support and now get to showcase their talents downtown at the Luke. Very fitting to have #1 vs #2.

Every player, family, and school will no doubt celebrate the accomplishments and will cheer loudly on game day. I expect a very physical game where HH may look to bleed the clock with its running game and keep Chatard's offense on the bench. How this unfolds will be a war of wills as Chatard's defense has been very stout all year. Something will have to give.

I think the game really will come down to how HH plays defense and Chatard's ability to make adjustments to capitalize. They truly have the ability to move the ball quite a few ways and I am not sure HH will have enough to stop, or even slow, it. Also, understanding there are several two way players for HH, I would expect the game to potentially blow up in the second half.

Both teams are deserving. Just think Chatard will be too much in the end.

Enjoyed the HH-Danville game last week. For 3 quarters, it was very competitive and hard hitting (HH 12 - Danville 10 after 3) and not a dominating performance like some have said. HH did end up with 3 INTs. 1 was on a tipped pass, 1 was underthrown, and the other was a great play by #3 stepping in front of the WR. Overall, I think it was a pretty strong performance from a sophomore QB and this being his first year of varsity action. Danville’s D showed up to play. Couldn’t be more proud of their effort. The two late INT’s in the 4th qtr really did them in. The final score was not indicative of that game. That Danville team doesn’t lose very much to graduation. I look for them to quite possibly be right back in the same position they were this postseason. But credit to HH for capitalizing on the Danville turnovers. That’s what good teams do.

With that being said, I look for Chatard to use their passing game to set up their run game. Chatard’s OL matches up better size wise with HH. If Chatard has the success Danville did for the first half with their passing game, I believe HH will be in for a long afternoon. HH has to keep the ball away from the Chatard offense. You can say what you want about previous Chatard teams, but this one seems to have a different mentality. I just don’t see how HH stops them for 4 qtrs. I think Chatard ends up being too much for HH, who has about 8 or 9 guys who play both ways, and wins by 3 or 4 TDs. Great season from HH who maximized what they had with a senior class that stuck together and made it to the State Championship.

38 minutes ago, WarriorFan46122 said:

Enjoyed the HH-Danville game last week. For 3 quarters, it was very competitive and hard hitting (HH 12 - Danville 10 after 3) and not a dominating performance like some have said. HH did end up with 3 INTs. 1 was on a tipped pass, 1 was underthrown, and the other was a great play by #3 stepping in front of the WR. Overall, I think it was a pretty strong performance from a sophomore QB and this being his first year of varsity action. Danville’s D showed up to play. Couldn’t be more proud of their effort. The two late INT’s in the 4th qtr really did them in. The final score was not indicative of that game. That Danville team doesn’t lose very much to graduation. I look for them to quite possibly be right back in the same position they were this postseason. But credit to HH for capitalizing on the Danville turnovers. That’s what good teams do.

With that being said, I look for Chatard to use their passing game to set up their run game. Chatard’s OL matches up better size wise with HH. If Chatard has the success Danville did for the first half with their passing game, I believe HH will be in for a long afternoon. HH has to keep the ball away from the Chatard offense. You can say what you want about previous Chatard teams, but this one seems to have a different mentality. I just don’t see how HH stops them for 4 qtrs. I think Chatard ends up being too much for HH, who has about 8 or 9 guys who play both ways, and wins by 3 or 4 TDs. Great season from HH who maximized what they had with a senior class that stuck together and made it to the State Championship.

I just hope the officials that had the game at Danville last Friday are no where near LOS!!! The BIGGEST reason the game wasn’t 41-10 or worse was because of the stripes!! Go troll somewhere else!! Maybe you watched a different game Danville ran exactly 6 plays in the second half before it was a three score game!!! Danville is done, goodbye!!

Good luck Patriots!! Good luck Trojans!! 

• Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

57 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I just hope the officials that had the game at Danville last Friday are no where near LOS!!! The BIGGEST reason the game wasn’t 41-10 or worse was because of the stripes!! Go troll somewhere else!! Maybe you watched a different game Danville ran exactly 6 plays in the second half before it was a three score game!!! Danville is done, goodbye!!

Good luck Patriots!! Good luck Trojans!! 

That sort of 🐎💩 is unworthy of a class program like Heritage Hills. Try being a gracious winner. It might be a refreshing change.

• Like 2

Being from SW Indiana and a member of the PAC- I’ve tried to keep up with all the thoughts/predictions of this game thread. I keep hearing/reading about how this Chatard team is untouchable, they are unlike anything HH will have seen, etc...and while all of that may turn out to be true, I keep having one pervival thought keep running through my head and that is

Has any PAC team made a trip to the Dome or Lucas Oil and just got blasted or blown out of the water??? I don’t think so?(and I may be wrong- but I sure don’t seem to remember it)

So with that thought keep running through my mind- I don’t think it will be the blow-out many are expecting. 

Best of luck to the Pats- bring it home and have that 2 point play dialed up just in case- you never know 😜

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jets said:

Being from SW Indiana and a member of the PAC- I’ve tried to keep up with all the thoughts/predictions of this game thread. I keep hearing/reading about how this Chatard team is untouchable, they are unlike anything HH will have seen, etc...and while all of that may turn out to be true, I keep having one pervival thought keep running through my head and that is

Has any PAC team made a trip to the Dome or Lucas Oil and just got blasted or blown out of the water??? I don’t think so?(and I may be wrong- but I sure don’t seem to remember it)

So with that thought keep running through my mind- I don’t think it will be the blow-out many are expecting. 

Best of luck to the Pats- bring it home and have that 2 point play dialed up just in case- you never know 😜

In 3A, EM has been 4 times and HH twice each with one championship.  All losses were within 2 scores, so, no blowouts.  Not sure about the other classes.  Is Mater Dei in the PAC?  I think they got roughed up a few times by Luers in 2A.  I don't know who all is in the PAC, so, there may be others.  

I think it will be a competitive game, but, who knows?  As I've said before, no one knows $hit on here anyway.  Just a bunch of fans a-waiving.  

10 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

In 3A, EM has been 4 times and HH twice each with one championship.  All losses were within 2 scores, so, no blowouts.  Not sure about the other classes.  Is Mater Dei in the PAC?  I think they got roughed up a few times by Luers in 2A.  I don't know who all is in the PAC, so, there may be others.  

I think it will be a competitive game, but, who knows?  As I've said before, no one knows $hit on here anyway.  Just a bunch of fans a-waiving.  

Memorial and Mater Dei are in the SIAC, not in the PAC.  

8 hours ago, WarriorFan46122 said:

Enjoyed the HH-Danville game last week. For 3 quarters, it was very competitive and hard hitting (HH 12 - Danville 10 after 3) and not a dominating performance like some have said. HH did end up with 3 INTs. 1 was on a tipped pass, 1 was underthrown, and the other was a great play by #3 stepping in front of the WR. Overall, I think it was a pretty strong performance from a sophomore QB and this being his first year of varsity action. Danville’s D showed up to play. Couldn’t be more proud of their effort. The two late INT’s in the 4th qtr really did them in. The final score was not indicative of that game. That Danville team doesn’t lose very much to graduation. I look for them to quite possibly be right back in the same position they were this postseason.

The game stayed close, but you could tell watching it that they were going to need some serious help to hang in there for 4 quarters.  Playing a day extra rest/prep on Friday at  home with the 3 hour drive that HH had helped Danville stay in it longer then they should have.  Along with all the holding calls that kept stopping drives from ending in scores.  The final score was actually very indicative of the game.  Teams like Heritage Hills with their methodical physical style are used to wearing teams out over the course of the game.  And that's what happened.  They wore out Southridge and Lawrenceburg the same way.   If it wasn't for a miracle conversion on 4th and 21 with 2 minutes to go,  the final would have been 33-10 and that's about the kind of game most with a rational knowledge of football thought it would be.  HH could have easily had 4 INT's, as they flat out dropped one that was thrown right to the DB.  

Its also that methodical physical style that gives them a chance to hang in there against Chatard, when some think they have little chance.  

Danville doesn't lose much (although they were playing about 6 or 7 guys both ways ) and its likely a few additions from other school systems will magically appear to help improve the roster, if recent history holds form. 

• Like 1

So this is what we're looking at eh?

Cole Sigler, Heritage Hills: The 6-1, 180-pound senior is a two-way standout for the Patriots. As a quarterback, Sigler has 1,122 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns and is an efficient passer with 657 yards and nine TDs. In the defensive secondary, Sigler leads Heritage Hills with six interceptions.

Wyatt Schrader, Bishop Chatard: The 5-11, 185-pound senior leads the Chatard defense with 115 tackles, including nine for a loss and has four sacks and two interceptions.

Daylen Taylor, Bishop Chatard: Pick your poison the Chatard offense. Andrew Sowinski is a 1,000-yard receiver and Kyle Cheek has passed for almost 2,200 yards. Taylor, a 5-10, 185-pound senior, has rushed for 2,149 yards and 30 touchdowns behind the offensive line of Joseph Solomon, Jack Woodcock, Alex Geise, Dakota Boyd and Will Mason.

Jacob Wetzel, Heritage Hills: The 6-foot, 210-pound senior not only leads Heritage Hills with 1,173 rushing yards (13 touchdowns), but is also a standout at linebacker with 95 ½ tackles and, three forced fumbles and two interceptions.

OK, Heritage Hills 27  Chatard  24  For reasons not talked about by the Indy Star.... and a couple that were.  

Edited by TommyTwoTimes

49 minutes ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

Cole Sigler, Heritage Hills: The 6-1, 180-pound senior is a two-way standout for the Patriots. As a quarterback, Sigler has 1,122 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns and is an efficient passer with 657 yards and nine TDs. In the defensive secondary, Sigler leads Heritage Hills with six interceptions.

Wyatt Schrader, Bishop Chatard: The 5-11, 185-pound senior leads the Chatard defense with 115 tackles, including nine for a loss and has four sacks and two interceptions.

Daylen Taylor, Bishop Chatard: Pick your poison the Chatard offense. Andrew Sowinski is a 1,000-yard receiver and Kyle Cheek has passed for almost 2,200 yards. Taylor, a 5-10, 185-pound senior, has rushed for 2,149 yards and 30 touchdowns behind the offensive line of Joseph Solomon, Jack Woodcock, Alex Geise, Dakota Boyd and Will Mason.

Jacob Wetzel, Heritage Hills: The 6-foot, 210-pound senior not only leads Heritage Hills with 1,173 rushing yards (13 touchdowns), but is also a standout at linebacker with 95 ½ tackles and, three forced fumbles and two interceptions.

OK, Heritage Hills 27  Chatard  24  For reasons not talked about by the Indy Star.... and a couple that were.  

And what are those reasons because you’ve listed none and forgot Cheek and Sowinski for Chatard?

51 minutes ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

Glad you’ve got so many two way players bc they’ll be gassed when the third quarter rolls around. 

1 minute ago, BCstate said:

And what are those reasons because you’ve listed none and forgot Cheek and Sowinski for Chatard?

Well, I most certainly didn't forget to mention that, "Andrew Sowinski is a 1,000 yard receiver and Kyle Cheek has passed for almost 2,200 yards."   Legendary athletes.

My main reason is Defense.  Patriots D has only allowed 6.9 points per game. No. 2 in the state of Indiana. 27 interceptions this year.  There are also names such as Phoenix Rodgers and Mark Doyle who will make a huge impact in this game. 

25 minutes ago, BCstate said:

Glad you’ve got so many two way players bc they’ll be gassed when the third quarter rolls around. 

People have been saying that all year yet HH seems to get stronger and play better in the second half when they are supposed to be gassed. Gibson Southern runs a no huddle offense at a way faster rate and we owned the 4th quarter to secure the W

Edited by NumbersNvrLie
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

As a fairly new official, I cringe when I read these types of comments.  Was the game called unfairly?  Was it lopsided?  I'm guessing not.  The crews that were picked for the Semi-State were solid crews.  I can promise you that the crew you had didn't care one bit who won the game, but definitely cared about calling a good fair game.  I'm guessing they prepared ahead of time, talked among each other before the game about having a good game, shared critical feedback with each other at half time, and did the best they could.  Most of you will never see this side of officiating but I'm telling you.......we prepare very hard and take it very seriously.  We do take it personally.  And we try our best.  It's a different world out on the field compared to the stands.  The speed of the game increases by a factor of 10.  You've got keys and things to keep track of on every snap.  With a million different scenarios that could happen on any play and you have to officiate it and your expected to be perfect.  But nobody is perfect.  I encourage anyone that reads this post to think twice the next time you decide to yell or degrade an official.  I promise you, we put in a lot of time and effort and do the best that we can.

For your information, 146 crews applied for the tourney.  Out of those crews, 12 were selected for the semi-state games.  They were all good crews. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NumbersNvrLie said:

People have been saying that all year yet HH seems to get stronger and play better in the second half when they are supposed to be gassed. Gibson Southern runs a no huddle offense at a way faster rate and we owned the 4th quarter to secure the W

Yep sure that 122 SOS is the same as playing Chatard. 

• Like 1