Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

Congrats Chatard!! Bush league move throwing the ball up 28-3!! But you can’t have the high and mighty Trojans’ offense shut out for a half!! 
Hell of a season Patriot!! Love these young men!!

Headed to Stink town for some BLs!!!

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

33 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No complaints. As a Patriot, if you can't stop it you deserve whatever the opposing team serves. It was a loss, we'll move on and be better. No crying or excuses. Weight room next week. 

C’mon man. The Patriots were lined up knowing with no one expecting them to throw up 25 with 1 to go!! Total bush league!! HH defense played a great 2nd half!! 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Isn't the kid who caught the TD a senior who missed two seasons due to torn ACL's....read that on twitter someplace?   Options will vary, but the thought process may have been to get that kid a TD.  Again,  that is speculation and I could see folks making an argument for or against during that part of the game.

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Yeah. Patriot Nation doesn't care. And I don't believe you represent Bishop Silas Chatard High School. We've heard it all before and have always met Chatard's physicality. It will be an interesting game. Bring all the statistics you want, the Patriots will be ready to play. I sure hope the Trojans starting 22 have the same mindset as you.

You were saying.....?

I knew exactly what the players' mindset was.  I've watched them since a lot of them were in 3rd grade.  And for the last year in particular.  Enjoy your holiday season.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

In Chatard’s defense, the slant was there all game. Can’t end the game without throwing it. Man coverage in the outside with no safeties outside the box. What’s even more shocking to me is even with the stacked box, Chatard put on an absolute clinic running the football.

Congrats to both teams on excellent seasons. I wish some of y’all would’ve believed the things I was saying about Chatard this week. My Guerin boys played em twice. I digress, it was great to be at the game and I met some class folks from both teams. Colts venders put out some excellent barbecue as well. What an evening.

5 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Congrats Chatard!! Bush league move throwing the ball up 28-3!! But you can’t have the high and mighty Trojans’ offense shut out for a half!! 
Hell of a season Patriot!! Love these young men!!

Headed to Stink town for some BLs!!!

Lots of Pats fans (and Memorial guy) on here crying about the late TD.  

Here’s what’s Bush league - your quote from earlier this week about the Danville game...”The BIGGEST reason the game wasn’t 41-10 or worse was because of the stripes!!”

any Chatard fans on here saying it should have been 49-3 because of the refs?  Nope.

congrats Heritage Hills.  Great season.  Kids played hard and were well coached.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cali23 said:

Here’s what’s Bush league - your quote from earlier this week about the Danville game...”The BIGGEST reason the game wasn’t 41-10 or worse was because of the stripes!!”

any Chatard fans on here saying it should have been 49-3 because of the refs?  Nope.

congrats Heritage Hills.  Great season.  Kids played hard and were well coached.

Not sure who you are or what you are talking about CLOWN!!! 
What I said earlier was accurate and true!! The game at Danville should have been much more lopsided!! You can’t handle that sorry!! 
The Chatard penalty’s tonight we’re legit!! The TD pass late wasn’t necessary nor needed!! It was cheap!!

Nuff said no one crying!!Just stating the obvious!! Simply put, that’s why everyone outside of IBC loathes then, BS like the last score!!

27 minutes ago, Cali23 said:

What a joke Cali 

• Disdain 1

Chatard was great today!! Better team!! I’m not blaming anything or anybody!!  HH didnt score when they drove the ball deep!!   HH made mistakes today when they typically didn’t!! Their defense played great the 2nd half!! 
ALL I said was the last score was bush league BS!! It wasn’t necessary. It was meant to make a team look bad!! If you take offense to that then you are not sports savy!! 

Edited by Patriot 74

That was a thorough kicking of the rear end.  Hate to see it - I’m a Memorial Tiger, proud of the Patriots and anybody else down in our neck of the woods.  But Chatard looked as good as everybody said they would be.  Glad we didn’t have to play them this year.  Congrats!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cali23 said:

I hope you’re not implying the officiating crew for this game was anything less than stellar. I was the IHSAA observer assigned to this game. Best officiated game I’ve seen all year. I was on the field the first half, and in the press box with 9 other observers for the second half. We all agreed the crew turned in a state championship level performance.

• Like 2

Congratulations Chatard. It was a physical game and even more so when your receiver went out. Chatard did an excellent job of taking Sigler and HH special teams out of the conversation. Nothing but respect from Lincoln City to 56th Street. Competing against Chatard is a privelege and I guarantee in the coming years that we will meet up again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I hope you’re not implying the officiating crew for this game was anything less than stellar. I was the IHSAA observer assigned to this game. Best officiated game I’ve seen all year. I was on the field the first half, and in the press box with 9 other observers for the second half. We all agreed the crew turned in a state championship level performance.

The holding calls, and their frequency, seemed to rub fans on both sides the wrong way. I listened to the game, so I didn't see the plays and shouldn't judge. 

10 hours ago, Papa 50 said:

You were saying.....?

I knew exactly what the players' mindset was.  I've watched them since a lot of them were in 3rd grade.  And for the last year in particular.  Enjoy your holiday season.

So do you only support the "good" Chatard classes?

The game I watched was two physical teams, with similar philosophies, going head to head. HH was outmatched by  not intimidated. This generation hadn't seen what it takes to beat Chatard, particularly without a passing game. Since you asked, I will enjoy my holiday season from Iraq (non military). I hope you enjoy yours and I'll definitely miss my family in Santa Claus and Carmel --Cathedral and Chatard graduates included. 

Best moment of the night was seeing number 6 enter the game on the Patriots final drive, Tore MCL early in the 2nd round sectional game against Gibson and worked his but off in rehab  to be able to dress for state. One carrie for 4 yards and was able to get off the 499 season rushing yard total he was stuck on since week 11.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The holding calls, and their frequency, seemed to rub fans on both sides the wrong way. I listened to the game, so I didn't see the plays and shouldn't judge. 

Nobody likes holding calls. But we dissected every one of them, along with every other foul called. All were there. The only glitch was a block in the back call by the line judge on an interception return. It was not a block in the back ... but it was an illegal blindside block. The mis-call benefited the intercepting team by 5 yds. An error, but in the grand scheme of things, of little consequence.

• Like 2

One final thought on this Patriot Senior class who went 24-2 their Junior and Senior season running the ball about 90% of the time, Every week they faced 7 or 8 in the box and yet Chatard was the first team to hold them to under 200 rushing yards this season. Biggest difference Chatard was not only strong up front but the overall team speed was off the chart and they were able take away our biggest weapon Cole Siglers speed... They beat us the way we have been beating teams all season  by forcing  turnovers, Winning special teams and a dominating run game.

1 loss to a better team takes nothing away from what this team accomplished  and all of Patriot nation was is proud of what this team has accomplished.

On to basketball season and the Patriots should have another State contender. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

My comment was directed toward the HH fans bashing Chatard, NOT the refs.  Chatard played an uncharacteristically sloppy game with 13 penalties.  HH very disciplined and basically mistake free with 1 penalty.  It was a great game.  Nothing but respect for HH and southern Indiana football.  And mad love for those boys and coaches from Chatard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveMosbey said:

One final thought on this Patriot Senior class who went 24-2 their Junior and Senior season running the ball about 90% of the time, Every week they faced 7 or 8 in the box and yet Chatard was the first team to hold them to under 200 rushing yards this season. Biggest difference Chatard was not only strong up front but the overall team speed was off the chart and they were able take away our biggest weapon Cole Siglers speed... They beat us the way we have been beating teams all season  by forcing  turnovers, Winning special teams and a dominating run game.

1 loss to a better team takes nothing away from what this team accomplished  and all of Patriot nation was is proud of what this team has accomplished.

On to basketball season and the Patriots should have another State contender. 

Congrats on a great season and having a solid team and fanbase. 

• Thanks 2

After good nights sleep and time to reflect:

1) Bishop Chatard was better than advertised!! Big, strong and fast!! Definitely the best team at LOS!! Great season, much respect, DESERVING state champs!! Now go win at least a regional in 2020!!! 😁

2) HH Patriots have zero to hang there head about!! Amazing group of young men who played their tails off to the last whistle!! It was truly an honor watching them play and seeing them bring a community together like they did!! Outstanding job Patriots, great season!!

3) Patriot Nation!!! Wow, what an amazing fan base!! The amount of support you showed for this team, the coaches and the school was simply amazing!! It truly shows what a special community we live in and are fortunate enough to raise kids in!! Awesome!

It may not have been the ending we’d hoped for in Lincoln City but the ride and accomplishments were simply amazing! Thanks Patriots!!

Congrats Chatard! 

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Completely agree. Watching the game, those refs performed an outstanding job and made the correct calls favoring nobody. Class act, championship level performance, great job. 

I wasn’t aware there was an observation crew at all.  That’s kinda cool. Also cool to know/confirm how the refs performed for this game.   Not often we get that kinda info. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Completely agree. Watching the game, those refs performed an outstanding job and made the correct calls favoring nobody. Class act, championship level performance, great job. 

I wasn’t aware there was an observation crew at all.  That’s kinda cool. Also cool to know/confirm how the refs performed for this game.   Not often we get that kinda info. 

All I can say is I’m glad they didn’t have all these observers back when I was working the finals. It’s brutal up here!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

I don't know but  if that is true it is ok by the rules.

IHSAA BY-LAWS

4-1 Maximum Age of Student Athletes

A student who is or shall be Twenty (20) years of age prior to or on the scheduled date of the IHSAA State Finals in a sport shall be ineligible for interschool athletic competition in that sport; a student who is nineteen (19) years of age on the scheduled date of the IHSAA State Finals in a sport shall be eligible as to age for interschool athletic competition in that sport.