Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Eastbrook
    • Western Boone

49 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Let’s get it started!

Final score and why?

Give those boys that are about 40 away from the ville another ring!!

Webo been physically dominant all year against every opponent! and ill tell ya that #7 can make plays when he needs to! 

Eastbrook doesnt have enough to keep up with these boys!

It wont be purty but those stars will prevail and those who are present will know it will be mostly dominance on webos part!!

WB: 27

EB: 15

Before the tournament started, I would have said Webo by at least 2 TDs, but Eastbrook has been on a roll in the tourney and this team looks special and could be Adamson’s team to finally win it all. Most intriguing state game in my opinion in terms of both teams being dead even. I’m going to say Webo by 1, but would not even bet $5 on it. 

33 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The refs couldnt stop Webo’s passing game?  And the refs allowed Webo to score 34?

@Bobref how are officials determined?

He’s talking about a single play early in the game last year in which a backward pass was incorrectly ruled an incomplete forward pass. Had it been ruled correctly, it likely would have been an Eastbrook recovery, and it’s possible they would have even scored on the play. The play has been dissected on the GID. It was the wrong call but, under the circumstances which, again, were discussed extensively, it was a difficult call. It was one play - a big play, no doubt - but only one play early in a game that ended up 34-20. The only people who can blame that outcome on officiating are either blindly biased fans, people unsophisticated in the ways of football, or people only interested in stirring the pot. Don’t know which category he belongs in.

As far as selection of officials for the tournament is concerned, this document explains the process:

http://www.ifoa.us/Resources/Documents/H-8 IHSAA Policy for Selection of Officials for Football

Tournament Series AMENDED 71113.pdf

If you have specific questions about the selection process, I’ll try to answer them. But it suffices to say that the process is quite controversial, and the subject of much debate in the officiating community, primarily because of what is viewed as disproportionate weight given to coaches’ rating of officials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jbk2 said:

The controversy calls come out even. Westbrook's qb should have been ruled down before the goal line but given the td witch evens out the no call on the lateral that they could have possibly scored on.

There is a recent thread concerning use of video replay at the state finals. You should chime in there.

I won’t get into the back & forth or what happened last year anymore.  That game was 1 year ago.  
I’ll simply say this, Webo will show up Saturday prepared for a Dogfight.  Coach Pelley & his staff will game plan for Eastbrook.  I look forward to the game Saturday at Noon.  Safe travels to Eastbrook and their fan base on Saturday.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I won’t get into the back & forth or what happened last year anymore.  That game was 1 year ago.  
I’ll simply say this, Webo will show up Saturday prepared for a Dogfight.  Coach Pelley & his staff will game plan for Eastbrook.  I look forward to the game Saturday at Noon.  Safe travels to Eastbrook and their fan base on Saturday.  

Just like he said, gonna be a hell of a game and I wouldn’t have wanted any other team to play Webo for it all!

This could be the best game of the weekend, I swear to God it could. All we heard all year was Cass and Dakich high in the north. Madder Days and even Liptons out of south. Both teams kinda got overlooked.

2nd and foremost there’s last year’s history. Some EB fans still pissed about last year’s game. Some Webos felt there was a lack of respect/credit after last year. This should be a hard hitting game 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I got a feeling, this isn't your last comment before Saturday lol, but I love the highroad path! Look, its hard to beat a team twice. But, given these aren't the two same teams, Ill take whatever team has Spencer Wright running the show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

He’s talking about a single play early in the game last year in which a backward pass was incorrectly ruled an incomplete forward pass. Had it been ruled correctly, it likely would have been an Eastbrook recovery, and it’s possible they would have even scored on the play. The play has been dissected on the GID. It was the wrong call but, under the circumstances which, again, were discussed extensively, it was a difficult call. It was one play - a big play, no doubt - but only one play early in a game that ended up 34-20. The only people who can blame that outcome on officiating are either blindly biased fans, people unsophisticated in the ways of football, or people only interested in stirring the pot. Don’t know which category he belongs in.

As far as selection of officials for the tournament is concerned, this document explains the process:

http://www.ifoa.us/Resources/Documents/H-8 IHSAA Policy for Selection of Officials for Football

Tournament Series AMENDED 71113.pdf

If you have specific questions about the selection process, I’ll try to answer them. But it suffices to say that the process is quite controversial, and the subject of much debate in the officiating community, primarily because of what is viewed as disproportionate weight given to coaches’ rating of officials.

Factually incorrect and very opinionated.  😀

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

7 minutes ago, Robert said:

This is more factual.  

This is more factual.   They would have scored, even as unsophisticated, biased and pot stirring as I am, I could see that.  Instead, the Stars threw a TD pass on the very next play.  Bad call directly led to that margin of victory

39 minutes ago, Robert said:

This is more factual.   They would have scored, even as unsophisticated, biased and pot stirring as I am, I could see that.  Instead, the Stars threw a TD pass on the very next play.  Bad call directly led to that margin of victory

Just like the bad call when Eastbrook's qb was stopped before the goal line but given a td.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

1 hour ago, Robert said:

This is more factual.  

I certainly acknowledge that my memory may not be accurate as to the timing. I was much more concerned, at the time and afterward, with the mechanics of the call and an understanding of why the line judge didn’t see it better, since I didn’t care who won the game.

• Like 2