Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Eastbrook
    • Western Boone

14 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Is there a shot both teams meet next year? I know eastbrook returns some dudes on D and a couple on O. 

What about webo?

Aw man. Next year. Great question. We are loosing one of the most talented classes Webo has ever had. Filling some of the lineman holes will be tough. Having the luxury of Spencer Wright is def irreplaceable. I didnt see us returning to Thanksgiving weekend this season because of what guys we lost last season. But, the staff plugged guys in and made adjustments. Hell we could be better than last season this year. We are returning a lot of key componets next year. Not to mention guys with a ton of experience. Our sophomore and Junior classes have basically had an extra year of experience because of our post season success, and that is huge. Webo is like a lot of schools, our kids have been running the same off/def since 2nd grade. As long as kids stay dedicated to the things put in front of them, the sky is the limit in Western Boone County.  Id say a run into the holiday isn't out of reach, but a sectional/regional title is more of a realistic goal. The conference should be a lot tougher next season with some teams emerging( Lebanon,Danville, maybe TW) Hopefully we can get us a 6'4" QB transfer from somewhere. You know of any that wanna live in beautiful Advance or Jamestown? I can work on getting them some help with utilities if need be...

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, 1st and Goal said:

After watching Last weeks game feel bad for the Andrean Kid at the end. He got the onside kick just beyond the 10yards and it got called back. Could of been a different outcome 

Although he caught the ball just past the 10 yards if you look at replay and freeze it at the time he touches ball, his trailing foot appears to be touching field at 9 1/2 yards. Was close but I believe the call was correct,

I've sat back and watched these comments, and here's what I have to say. My 2cents worth, whether you want it or not. Coach Nowlin, you haven't liked Eastbrook since they beat Rensselaer 21 - 3, when you were favored to whoop Eastbrook's butt. Ever since then you have found a reason why Eastbrook would lose to whoever they play. Xstar, 1st and Goal, Sgt DingleBerry, well what can I say about last years game but this. I was there that day. I watched all the games, as I am a high school football fan. And that my Grid Iron fans was THEE most poorly officiated game I have ever watched. Hence why they have instituted "Instant Replay" this year at the State Finals. You should be thankful they didn't have it last year. Otherwise that trophy would be sitting at Eastbrook right now, not at WeBo. And read on before you get your panties in a twist. It is NOT because of the backward pass toward the end of the game with 3:00 minutes left that would have clearly been returned for a TD. Let's go towards the end of the 1st half where the most horrible pass interference call I have ever seen went against Eastbrook. Eastbrook leading 14 - 0. WeBo went for it on a 4th and forever. Safety makes a perfect play on the ball, and gets a pass interference called on them. Eastbrook at the time was steem rolling WeBo at the time. Lucky for WeBo, you ended up scoring on that drive. If they don't call that, Eastbrook gets the ball back I do believe on their 37 or 38, they either score, or at least kick a field goal before halftime. They go in at halftime up 21 - 0, or 17 - 0. Ok speaking hypothetical, but clearly a bad call that clearly would have changed the complexity of that game last year. My 2 cents being, the Refs changed the outcome of that game. Next bad call of the game was another pass interference against Eastbrook in 3rd Quarter, 3rd and long. WeBo ended up scoring on the drive in the end. Again, Refs deciding the complexity of the game. Add in "Instant Replay" guess what, play comes back possibly on one or both plays. Eastbrook wins that game easily last year take away both of those horrible pass interference calls. As for the Andrean game, I watched it streamline, I was told that the Referee said the Andrean player touched the ball at 9 yards, before it went 10 yards. That was the ruling. And sorry, sad but true, that is the rule, if you touch the ball before it goes 10 yards, that is where it is spotted. And guess what, that is where it was spotted. Also on the opposite side of the field it was ruled a catch and fumble. Was his knee down, possibly so, I don't know. Bottom line, when you turn the ball over 5 to 6 times, it is very difficult to win a game. I don't care what team you are High School, College, or NFL. That's football. Come Saturday, the better team will win, the team that is better prepared will win. I am happy that instant replay has been instituted that way the game can be decided by the young men on the field, not by the referee's or the one side line judge last year was a leaning a little bit toward the WeBo side. Since his whistle seemed to blow after the young man picked up the ball after he picked up the fumble and headed toward a TD and would have tied up the game with 3 minutes left. OOOoooops, did I just say that! Have fun with that one! #2centsout

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

2 hours ago, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

I've sat back and watched these comments, and here's what I have to say. My 2cents worth, whether you want it or not. Coach Nowlin, you haven't liked Eastbrook since they beat Rensselaer 21 - 3, when you were favored to whoop Eastbrook's butt. Ever since then you have found a reason why Eastbrook would lose to whoever they play. Xstar, 1st and Goal, Sgt DingleBerry, well what can I say about last years game but this. I was there that day. I watched all the games, as I am a high school football fan. And that my Grid Iron fans was THEE most poorly officiated game I have ever watched. Hence why they have instituted "Instant Replay" this year at the State Finals. You should be thankful they didn't have it last year. Otherwise that trophy would be sitting at Eastbrook right now, not at WeBo. And read on before you get your panties in a twist. It is NOT because of the backward pass toward the end of the game with 3:00 minutes left that would have clearly been returned for a TD. Let's go towards the end of the 1st half where the most horrible pass interference call I have ever seen went against Eastbrook. Eastbrook leading 14 - 0. WeBo went for it on a 4th and forever. Safety makes a perfect play on the ball, and gets a pass interference called on them. Eastbrook at the time was steem rolling WeBo at the time. Lucky for WeBo, you ended up scoring on that drive. If they don't call that, Eastbrook gets the ball back I do believe on their 37 or 38, they either score, or at least kick a field goal before halftime. They go in at halftime up 21 - 0, or 17 - 0. Ok speaking hypothetical, but clearly a bad call that clearly would have changed the complexity of that game last year. My 2 cents being, the Refs changed the outcome of that game. Next bad call of the game was another pass interference against Eastbrook in 3rd Quarter, 3rd and long. WeBo ended up scoring on the drive in the end. Again, Refs deciding the complexity of the game. Add in "Instant Replay" guess what, play comes back possibly on one or both plays. Eastbrook wins that game easily last year take away both of those horrible pass interference calls. As for the Andrean game, I watched it streamline, I was told that the Referee said the Andrean player touched the ball at 9 yards, before it went 10 yards. That was the ruling. And sorry, sad but true, that is the rule, if you touch the ball before it goes 10 yards, that is where it is spotted. And guess what, that is where it was spotted. Also on the opposite side of the field it was ruled a catch and fumble. Was his knee down, possibly so, I don't know. Bottom line, when you turn the ball over 5 to 6 times, it is very difficult to win a game. I don't care what team you are High School, College, or NFL. That's football. Come Saturday, the better team will win, the team that is better prepared will win. I am happy that instant replay has been instituted that way the game can be decided by the young men on the field, not by the referee's or the one side line judge last year was a leaning a little bit toward the WeBo side. Since his whistle seemed to blow after the young man picked up the ball after he picked up the fumble and headed toward a TD and would have tied up the game with 3 minutes left. OOOoooops, did I just say that! Have fun with that one! #2centsout

Dumbest post of the year.  I didn’t even read it all.  I read “instituted instant replay” which is wrong... Also, Eastbrook was never up 14-0.  

good day.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

That’s way more than 2 sence, I swear to God it is 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

1.  As for Coach Nowlin in 2017, Eastbrook went into that game against RC ranked #1 in the state as I recall.  RC was not a favorite in that game, quite the opposite.  But if that makes you feel better about choking away the championship in a season you actually were the best team, have at it.

2.  As for the championship game, this is all well and good except Eastbrook never led 14-0 last season and at no point was "steem" rolling anyone so your memory seems to be pretty faulty.  If you want to deal in facts, here's a link to a box score:  https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/boys sports/boys football/2018-19/2018 2A State Final - Football.pdf

1st Downs:  Western Boone 30.  Eastbrook 13.

Rushing:  Western Boone 195.  Eastbrook 174.

Average per rush:  Western Boone 5.0.  Eastbrook 3.3.

Passing Yards:  Western Boone 317. Eastbrook 113.

Penalties:  Western Boone 7. Eastbrook 3.  (2 of those penalties were for late hits out of bounds so if you actually remembered the PI you're complaining about, it was the only penalty of the game called on Eastbrook on the field of play all game long)

Turnovers:  Western Boone 1.  Eastbrook 0.

The stats are pretty conclusive.  And that PI that you're complaining about did not result in a touchdown for Western Boone.  But why am I not surprised that someone from Eastbrook is complaining about the only penalty called on them in the field of play all game long?  Probably because some these fans can't acknowledge that other teams are sometimes better and that their team can actually do wrong sometimes.  All programs have these types but man the Eastbrook contingent appears to be one of the worst I've encountered in my time following high school football and basketball.  That's why I had one of their fans wanting to "meet" me in the parking lot after they lost to Woodlan in 2017.

By the way, I like both teams for different reasons and will actually be cheering for Eastbrook on Saturday so I'm not some blind homer talking about situations that never happened to try to justify why his team lost last year.  The fact of the matter is, the #1 reason Eastbrook lost last year, in my opinion, is because your coach overestimated his opponent and underestimated his own team.  The onside kick at the start of the 2nd half totally gave away the momentum and he never got back to passing the ball in the 2nd half except when Eastbrook found themselves in obvious passing downs.  He was shocked he was in the lead going into halftime and didn't know how to react. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, XStar said:

1.  As for Coach Nowlin in 2017, Eastbrook went into that game against RC ranked #1 in the state as I recall.  RC was not a favorite in that game, quite the opposite.  But if that makes you feel better about choking away the championship in a season you actually were the best team, have at it.

2.  As for the championship game, this is all well and good except Eastbrook never led 14-0 last season and at no point was "steem" rolling anyone so your memory seems to be pretty faulty.  If you want to deal in facts, here's a link to a box score:  https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/boys sports/boys football/2018-19/2018 2A State Final - Football.pdf

Penalties:  Western Boone 7. Eastbrook 3.  (2 of those penalties were for late hits out of bounds so if you actually remembered the PI you're complaining about, it was the only penalty of the game called on Eastbrook on the field of play all game long)

The stats are pretty conclusive.  And that PI that you're complaining about did not result in a touchdown for Western Boone.  But why am I not surprised that someone from Eastbrook is complaining about the only penalty called on them in the field of play all game long?  Probably because some these fans can't acknowledge that other teams are sometimes better and that their team can actually do wrong sometimes.  All programs have these types but man the Eastbrook contingent appears to be one of the worst I've encountered in my time following high school football and basketball.  That's why I had one of their fans wanting to "meet" me in the parking lot after they lost to Woodlan in 2017.

By the way, I like both teams for different reasons and will actually be cheering for Eastbrook on Saturday so I'm not some blind homer talking about situations that never happened to try to justify why his team lost last year.  The fact of the matter is, the #1 reason Eastbrook lost last year, in my opinion, is because your coach overestimated his opponent and underestimated his own team.  The onside kick at the start of the 2nd half totally gave away the momentum and he never got back to passing the ball in the 2nd half except when Eastbrook found themselves in obvious passing downs.  He was shocked he was in the lead going into halftime and didn't know how to react. 

I'm sorry but you were favored in that game at home. You are sadly mistaken. And I do apologize, all of you were correct. My bad, it was 14 - 7 when that all happened. At least I'm man enough to man up when I made a mistake. I guess I was misinformed about the instant replay then. I was told a couple of weeks ago that replay was instituted. My apologies. Just the same, the pass interferences changed the outcome of the game, not just the backwards pass as some of you want to keep harping on. AND Nowlin, admit it, you just don't like Eastbrook. You have been hating on them in the majority of your posts. Just admit it, they are one of the best football programs in the State.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

I'm sorry but you were favored in that game at home. You are sadly mistaken. And I do apologize, all of you were correct. My bad, it was 14 - 7 when that all happened. At least I'm man enough to man up when I made a mistake. I guess I was misinformed about the instant replay then. I was told a couple of weeks ago that replay was instituted. My apologies. Just the same, the pass interferences changed the outcome of the game, not just the backwards pass as some of you want to keep harping on. AND Nowlin, admit it, you just don't like Eastbrook. You have been hating on them in the majority of your posts. Just admit it, they are one of the best football programs in the State.

While we're adding up the things you're wrong about (and the RC game is still one of them whether you want to admit it or not), the PI call was not on "4th and forever", as you said.  It was on 1st and 10.

Get over last years game.  Western Boone won in what was a fantastic game.  Let’s make this about the young men playing tomorrow, they deserve that much respect.  I look forward to a great game tomorrow.

As for coach Nowlin, I had the privilege of talking with him at length before last weeks game.  Only positives and respect for Eastbrook from him.  Quality guy!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, XStar said:

Coach Adamson has 280 wins!  How many wins do you have??  Good luck to both teams tomorrow!  Really would love to see Coach A win his 1st state championship!

8 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Coach Adamson has 280 wins!  How many wins do you have??  Good luck to both teams tomorrow!  Really would love to see Coach A win his 1st state championship!

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  You think the onside kick was smart??

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, XStar said:

While we're adding up the things you're wrong about (and the RC game is still one of them whether you want to admit it or not), the PI call was not on "4th and forever", as you said.  It was on 1st and 10.

if we are scoring at home on thing he was wrong about, add that this guy has some sort of "Axe to grind" against Eastbrook.   If you listened to the Semi State game on demand, you can see for yourself the wonderful things I had to say about Eastbrook, their coaches, program and community.  Though, I guess its a badge of honor that @2Cents4myOpinion led his rant off with me......   so I got that going for me!!   🤣

36 minutes ago, ebpantherfan said:

Get over last years game.  Western Boone won in what was a fantastic game.  Let’s make this about the young men playing tomorrow, they deserve that much respect.  I look forward to a great game tomorrow.

As for coach Nowlin, I had the privilege of talking with him at length before last weeks game.  Only positives and respect for Eastbrook from him.  Quality guy!

Thank You Sir!!   Pleasure to also enjoy the early sights and sounds that Semi State provided.   

If I had any disdain for Eastbrook I would not of drove 3 hours to "work" a game hosted by Eastbrook.    Just saying.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Not sure what your opinion has to do with anything.  What I was saying is, who are you to second guess one of the most successful coaches in Indiana high school football!!

A fan who watches alot of high school football.  I couldn't come close to organizing a football practice, let alone run a program.  That doesn't mean I don't recognize bad calls when I see them.  

1 minute ago, captainobvious said:

Really!!  Thought you were smarter than that!  You support xstar’s criticism of Eastbrook’s coach??

I think it was obvious that I was answering your question sergeantobvious. I didn't say anything about supporting anyone. I'm critical of criticisms.