Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)

2A: Eastbrook (12-2) vs Western Boone (13-1)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Eastbrook
    • Western Boone

On 11/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, XStar said:

9 hours ago, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

I've sat back and watched these comments, and here's what I have to say. My 2cents worth, whether you want it or not. Coach Nowlin, you haven't liked Eastbrook since they beat Rensselaer 21 - 3, when you were favored to whoop Eastbrook's butt. Ever since then you have found a reason why Eastbrook would lose to whoever they play. Xstar, 1st and Goal, Sgt DingleBerry, well what can I say about last years game but this. I was there that day. I watched all the games, as I am a high school football fan. And that my Grid Iron fans was THEE most poorly officiated game I have ever watched. Hence why they have instituted "Instant Replay" this year at the State Finals. You should be thankful they didn't have it last year. Otherwise that trophy would be sitting at Eastbrook right now, not at WeBo. And read on before you get your panties in a twist. It is NOT because of the backward pass toward the end of the game with 3:00 minutes left that would have clearly been returned for a TD. Let's go towards the end of the 1st half where the most horrible pass interference call I have ever seen went against Eastbrook. Eastbrook leading 14 - 0. WeBo went for it on a 4th and forever. Safety makes a perfect play on the ball, and gets a pass interference called on them. Eastbrook at the time was steem rolling WeBo at the time. Lucky for WeBo, you ended up scoring on that drive. If they don't call that, Eastbrook gets the ball back I do believe on their 37 or 38, they either score, or at least kick a field goal before halftime. They go in at halftime up 21 - 0, or 17 - 0. Ok speaking hypothetical, but clearly a bad call that clearly would have changed the complexity of that game last year. My 2 cents being, the Refs changed the outcome of that game. Next bad call of the game was another pass interference against Eastbrook in 3rd Quarter, 3rd and long. WeBo ended up scoring on the drive in the end. Again, Refs deciding the complexity of the game. Add in "Instant Replay" guess what, play comes back possibly on one or both plays. Eastbrook wins that game easily last year take away both of those horrible pass interference calls. As for the Andrean game, I watched it streamline, I was told that the Referee said the Andrean player touched the ball at 9 yards, before it went 10 yards. That was the ruling. And sorry, sad but true, that is the rule, if you touch the ball before it goes 10 yards, that is where it is spotted. And guess what, that is where it was spotted. Also on the opposite side of the field it was ruled a catch and fumble. Was his knee down, possibly so, I don't know. Bottom line, when you turn the ball over 5 to 6 times, it is very difficult to win a game. I don't care what team you are High School, College, or NFL. That's football. Come Saturday, the better team will win, the team that is better prepared will win. I am happy that instant replay has been instituted that way the game can be decided by the young men on the field, not by the referee's or the one side line judge last year was a leaning a little bit toward the WeBo side. Since his whistle seemed to blow after the young man picked up the ball after he picked up the fumble and headed toward a TD and would have tied up the game with 3 minutes left. OOOoooops, did I just say that! Have fun with that one! #2centsout

What in the Red ring wearing, cow bell ringing, steak sandwich eating, officiating complaing, sister kissin garbage are you Talkin. Bro, the best thing out of that region is the freakin banana splits @  Ivanhoes, so don't let yourself get fooled in thinking that there's any place worth mentioning past the blue ring. Adamson is a great coach, no one disputs that, so stop that nonsenses now. There's not a person outside of Eastbrook that thought you were ever gonna win last year, if you cant see by the numbers Xstar showed ya, well you are just biase. Get to the mountain, then talk. I got the CHAMPS repeating 35-14. 

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

if we are scoring at home on thing he was wrong about, add that this guy has some sort of "Axe to grind" against Eastbrook.   If you listened to the Semi State game on demand, you can see for yourself the wonderful things I had to say about Eastbrook, their coaches, program and community.  Though, I guess its a badge of honor that @2Cents4myOpinion led his rant off with me......   so I got that going for me!!   🤣

Thank You Sir!!   Pleasure to also enjoy the early sights and sounds that Semi State provided.   

If I had any disdain for Eastbrook I would not of drove 3 hours to "work" a game hosted by Eastbrook.    Just saying.....

Coach Nowlin is a GID veteran son, if you insult him, you insult us all! That's just un American man. I dont know how you handle yourself up there in the "Land of the red rings", but down here in Boone County, we show a little more respect for a football legend. We are down here Makin Webo Football Great Again..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Kill me now 1

On 11/29/2019 at 1:08 PM, 2Cents4myOpinion said:

I've sat back and watched these comments, and here's what I have to say. My 2cents worth, whether you want it or not. Coach Nowlin, you haven't liked Eastbrook since they beat Rensselaer 21 - 3, when you were favored to whoop Eastbrook's butt. Ever since then you have found a reason why Eastbrook would lose to whoever they play. Xstar, 1st and Goal, Sgt DingleBerry, well what can I say about last years game but this. I was there that day. I watched all the games, as I am a high school football fan. And that my Grid Iron fans was THEE most poorly officiated game I have ever watched. Hence why they have instituted "Instant Replay" this year at the State Finals. You should be thankful they didn't have it last year. Otherwise that trophy would be sitting at Eastbrook right now, not at WeBo. And read on before you get your panties in a twist. It is NOT because of the backward pass toward the end of the game with 3:00 minutes left that would have clearly been returned for a TD. Let's go towards the end of the 1st half where the most horrible pass interference call I have ever seen went against Eastbrook. Eastbrook leading 14 - 0. WeBo went for it on a 4th and forever. Safety makes a perfect play on the ball, and gets a pass interference called on them. Eastbrook at the time was steem rolling WeBo at the time. Lucky for WeBo, you ended up scoring on that drive. If they don't call that, Eastbrook gets the ball back I do believe on their 37 or 38, they either score, or at least kick a field goal before halftime. They go in at halftime up 21 - 0, or 17 - 0. Ok speaking hypothetical, but clearly a bad call that clearly would have changed the complexity of that game last year. My 2 cents being, the Refs changed the outcome of that game. Next bad call of the game was another pass interference against Eastbrook in 3rd Quarter, 3rd and long. WeBo ended up scoring on the drive in the end. Again, Refs deciding the complexity of the game. Add in "Instant Replay" guess what, play comes back possibly on one or both plays. Eastbrook wins that game easily last year take away both of those horrible pass interference calls. As for the Andrean game, I watched it streamline, I was told that the Referee said the Andrean player touched the ball at 9 yards, before it went 10 yards. That was the ruling. And sorry, sad but true, that is the rule, if you touch the ball before it goes 10 yards, that is where it is spotted. And guess what, that is where it was spotted. Also on the opposite side of the field it was ruled a catch and fumble. Was his knee down, possibly so, I don't know. Bottom line, when you turn the ball over 5 to 6 times, it is very difficult to win a game. I don't care what team you are High School, College, or NFL. That's football. Come Saturday, the better team will win, the team that is better prepared will win. I am happy that instant replay has been instituted that way the game can be decided by the young men on the field, not by the referee's or the one side line judge last year was a leaning a little bit toward the WeBo side. Since his whistle seemed to blow after the young man picked up the ball after he picked up the fumble and headed toward a TD and would have tied up the game with 3 minutes left. OOOoooops, did I just say that! Have fun with that one! #2centsout

The only thing you said on here that makes a lick of sense is that your opinion is only worth 2 cents. And I think you probably have some change coming, at that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

21-0 Webos at the half. Eastbrook is lucky it’s not 28

You are absolutely right! However, with 6:20ish left in the 2nd qtr, there was a blatant block in the back on 3rd and 8 that was missed and the result of the play was a 34 yard pass completion. WB ended up scoring on that drive.

5 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

You are absolutely right! However, with 6:20ish left in the 2nd qtr, there was a blatant block in the back on 3rd and 8 that was missed and the result of the play was a 34 yard pass completion. WB ended up scoring on that drive.

Maybe WEBO was making up for the late hit made on Wright while he was on the ground at 3 mins-ish in the 1st quarter.  Regardless of potential missed penalties (on either team), Webo owned the first half.  

15 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

Seriously just stop

17 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

Interesting. Somehow 10 trained observers up in the press box with the benefit of TV monitors and replay also missed it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

I am very upset for my own selfish purposes. I thought this game would be a nail biter and it is an absolute blow out. Western Boone is putting an end to last year’s controversy (I still thought they were better last year). Time to get ready for 4A title game.

I thought the same but so far 1A has been the best game for a neutral fan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The Mercy Rule does not apply past the Sectional level.

Interesting it does not state that in the rules. 

IHSAA Football Mercy Rule
  The Indiana High School Athletic Association in cooperation with the Indiana Football Coaches Association have created a protocol to expedite the conclusion of football contests when the point differential between schools reaches a particular threshold. These measures are placed to promote proper sportsmanship between member schools and potentially reduce the chances of injury to student athletes when mismatches between teams occur.
Rules and Procedures
1. Beginning with the second half of any high school football game, when the point differential between teams is at or reaches 35 points, the game clock shall convert to a running clock. A running clock is defined as a clock that does not stop during play with the exception of timeouts, scores and/or injuries.
2. Once the running clock is implemented, the clock may not revert back to standard timing protocols regardless of the score of the contest.
3. The 40 second play clock shall remain in effect throughout the contest.
4. Coaches do not have the ability to override the implementation of the Mercy Rule during a contest. The Referee shall notify the head coach of each school when the Mercy Rule goes into effect. The home team is responsible for notifying timing personnel of the running clock.

Edited by GrnRight16

5 minutes ago, GrnRight16 said:

Interesting it does not state that in the rules. 

IHSAA Football Mercy Rule
  The Indiana High School Athletic Association in cooperation with the Indiana Football Coaches Association have created a protocol to expedite the conclusion of football contests when the point differential between schools reaches a particular threshold. These measures are placed to promote proper sportsmanship between member schools and potentially reduce the chances of injury to student athletes when mismatches between teams occur.
Rules and Procedures
1. Beginning with the second half of any high school football game, when the point differential between teams is at or reaches 35 points, the game clock shall convert to a running clock. A running clock is defined as a clock that does not stop during play with the exception of timeouts, scores and/or injuries.
2. Once the running clock is implemented, the clock may not revert back to standard timing protocols regardless of the score of the contest.
3. The 40 second play clock shall remain in effect throughout the contest.
4. Coaches do not have the ability to override the implementation of the Mercy Rule during a contest. The Referee shall notify the head coach of each school when the Mercy Rule goes into effect. The home team is responsible for notifying timing personnel of the running clock.

The Mercy Rule is not a National Federation Rule, but an IHSAA rule. Commissioner's decision that it will not apply in the upper levels of the tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1