Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Lafayette Central Catholic
    • Indianapolis Lutheran

8 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Nice pic of the.... Evil Empire ...  bawaha .lil Jedi knights they r .... lol

Of interest is that there are a few kids in that picture who ended up playing ball at other schools including Harrison, Jeff, CMA, West Lafayette, and McCutcheon ... I feel a disturbance in the Force. :classic_ninja:

26 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Of interest is that there are a few kids in that picture who ended up playing ball at other schools including Harrison, Jeff, CMA, West Lafayette, and McCutcheon ... I feel a disturbance in the Force. :classic_ninja:

Foretold by 09er..... the last of his prophecies to unfold?   🤭

• Haha 1

When folks back in the day were talking about LCC and the grind of conference, and how Hoosier can help in post season it was for a season like this for LCC

LCC has good HS Football players in their 2019 group

The 09 Chris Mills group, the Anthrop eras with both Danny and Jackson and their stud buddies along with them were NOT your typical LCC 1a group, that was truly a special era of LCC with legacy kids all over the field.   

2019 group needed to have the challenges of their regular season to be prepared for the 1a run they are on currently, I do not think you could say that in good faith about those other teams that GID nation so passionately enjoyed arguing about with likes of @LCCAlum and his boi , the bad guy, Razor Ramon.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

Nice pic of the.... Evil Empire ...  bawaha .lil Jedi knights they r .... lol

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Here's the picture of the seniors on that squad, back when they were just starting their careers as 3rd graders.  This is the 3rd/4th grade combined teams after winning the championship over East Tipp back in 2010. 

image.jpeg.7a7d2a629d3aba56988d32683204342e.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

When folks back in the day were talking about LCC and the grind of conference, and how Hoosier can help in post season it was for a season like this for LCC

LCC has good HS Football players in their 2019 group

The 09 Chris Mills group, the Anthrop eras with both Danny and Jackson and their stud buddies along with them were NOT your typical LCC 1a group, that was truly a special era of LCC with legacy kids all over the field.   

2019 group needed to have the challenges of their regular season to be prepared for the 1a run they are on currently, I do not think you could say that in good faith about those other teams that GID nation so passionately enjoyed arguing about with likes of @LCCAlum and his boi , the bad guy, Razor Ramon.... 

I doubt that the 2019 LCC team would still be playing if not for their experience in the Hoosier Conference this season.  LCC used to augment its schedule back when it was in the HHC with teams like Mishawaka Marian, St. Joe Ogden, CMA, and Benton Central, but that was only a couple of teams in a season.  The grind of the Hoosier Conference means that you don't get much breathing room and really conditions a team, especially LCC, for a post-season run.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I doubt that the 2019 LCC team would still be playing if not for their experience in the Hoosier Conference this season.  LCC used to augment its schedule back when it was in the HHC with teams like Mishawaka Marian, St. Joe Ogden, CMA, and Benton Central, but that was only a couple of teams in a season.  The grind of the Hoosier Conference means that you don't get much breathing room and really conditions a team, especially LCC, for a post-season run.

But can they compete in 2A?😎

2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

But can they compete in 2A?😎

For 2019, it would depend on what you mean by compete.  If you are talking sectionals, I don't think they could have won 33, 34, 36, 37, and 40.  Could have possibly won 35, 38, 39.  The problem for LCC though would be they likely would have ended up in 33 or 34 this go-round, even though in the 2013/2014 they ended up in the equivalent of this year's 35.  Assuming equal chance to play across the board in 2A, being able to win three of eight sectionals probably puts them in that "compete" realm.

No private school, without exception, should ever play in Class A

That is just ludicrous

The natural built in advantages of private school football stand out the most in 1A public - private matchups

These two schools should never play below Class AA. 

Lots of 1A public school kids robbed of an opportunity of a lifetime to play in LOS

Not fair

16 minutes ago, DT said:

No private school, without exception, should ever play in Class A

That is just ludicrous

The natural built in advantages of private school football stand out the most in 1A public - private matchups

These two schools should never play below Class AA. 

Lots of 1A public school kids robbed of an opportunity of a lifetime to play in LOS

Not fair

Public schools have won 5 out of the last 6 1A state titles.

Why don't you just go start another contraction thread. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Just found it.  Do you think a public school could have had this level of success after just a dozen years of varsity football?   

FW Northrop won a state basketball title in its first year of existence in 1974.  What's your point?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

FW Northrop won a state basketball title in its first year of existence in 1974.  What's your point?

My point is simple.  Due to clear and obvious built in advantages, private schools should never be allowed to compete in the smallest class, regardless of enrollment

12 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Yes

Very rare.  Fishers comes to mind.