Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Lafayette Central Catholic
    • Indianapolis Lutheran

23 hours ago, WWFan said:

I looked it up. Started in 2003. So took them each 14 years to reach title game

And where are they now?  1-9 IIRC, just two years after reaching the state title game.  Just goes to show how that "once in a decade" class of "OMG! Athletes!"  make or break most government school teams, especially in the lower enrollment classes.  p/p schools with their inherent advantages,  like long established youth feeder programs,  make the dip in talent much less and much more manageable at the high school varsity level.

Edited by Muda69
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:54 PM, Gregory Popsicle said:

Private school matchup in the 1A State Finals🙄

I’ve had the chance to see both teams in action. LCC is the more disciplined team, but Lutheran is much more athletic. Lutheran is the #1 team for a reason. 

Lutheran 45-24

Is it "POPsicle" or "POOPsicle"? Because the name from the show is definitely "POOPsicle". 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

And where are they now?  1-9 IIRC, just two years after reaching the state title game.  Just goes to show how that "once in a decade" class of "OMG! Athletes!"  make or break most government school teams, especially in the lower enrollment classes.  p/p schools with their inherent advantages,  like long established youth feeder programs,  make the dip in talent much less and much more manageable at the high school varsity level.

Bigger factor is probably having 2 different head coaches in 2 years due to some questionable administration choices. This is not the thread or place to argue this topic (has been done repeatedly elsewhere).

My prediction is Coach Nay and the Knights get it done. Past experience has no bearing on it in my opinion, with these kids being in Jr. High the last time they were there. I think the knights coaching and their ability to make adjustments on the fly will lead them to another blue ring.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I dont do the P/P debates. I just answered the question because I was curious for my own knowledge. 

I’m taking the Lutheran saints in this one. I saw them play against NV,  they dominated the defensive side of the ball and the passing attack. They held Brennan Ellis to 37 passing yards and he had three picks, not including holding Wyatt Reynolds to 68 rushing yards. The saints are ready for this one.   Lutheran 32-28

The coaching staffs of both Indy Lutheran and LCC have come together and will Honor Coach Bowsman of West Washington with Helmet Stickers that read #WWeFamily. It was important for the coaches to show support for one of there coaching brothers. Also to show support for West Washington during this difficult time.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

without the success factor, good chance a public school would won 6 of last 7 and 4th in a row.

Including 2013/2014?  I'm not sure about that.

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Fuzzy math.... LoL.   U dont hear Lcc whine about it..... they took their shot at 2A an got taken out by a spectacular RC team ....... those 1A titles forever belong to Tri Central and North Vermilian..... Congratz to them!........

5 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Fuzzy math.... LoL.   U dont hear Lcc whine about it..... they took their shot at 2A an got taken out by a spectacular RC team ....... those 1A titles forever belong to Tri Central and North Vermilian..... Congratz to them!........

Agreed.

26 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

13 more seconds and LCC and RCHS would of had a date in 2013 as well  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

13 more seconds and LCC and RCHS would of had a date in 2013 as well  

Those three seconds could have also turned into two years as if LCC had won that showdown with RCHS in a regional matchup, they would have likely garnered a minimum of four and likely five points in 2A as opposed to their two points that they earned in 2014 and remained in 2A in 2015/2016.  That would have likely sent Pioneer to face Linton in LOS in 2015 and would have possibly given Pioneer another blue ring in 1A at least according to Calpreps.

7 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I never said that!

I think he was being facetious and yanking your chain for a laugh. 😉

Covenant Christian's highlights vs. Indy Lutheran for those looking for hints as to how to stymie the offense and go after the defense.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/covenant-christian-warriors-(indianapolis,in)/football/videos.htm?videoid=c1b8043a-cb7d-464f-992a-99b8f490a2c7

21 hours ago, foxbat said:

Not sure what's fuzzy or what you are not sure about.  The issue mentioned was private schools don't belong in 1A, when in fact, recent history tells a different story.

As I stated, without success factor there is a chance it could have been a public school who won 6 of last 7, including 4th in a row (for public schools).   I did not mean the same public school.  Again, comparison of private vs public in the 1A class size, where it hasn't been an issue in recent years.

2013 Tri-Central = public school

2014 North Vermillion - public school

2015 LCC

2016 Linton Stockton = public school

2017 Pioneer = public school

2018 Pioneer = public school

2019 ???

21 minutes ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Not sure what's fuzzy or what you are not sure about.  The issue mentioned was private schools don't belong in 1A, when in fact, recent history tells a different story.

As I stated, without success factor there is a chance it could have been a public school who won 6 of last 7, including 4th in a row (for public schools).   I did not mean the same public school.  Again, comparison of private vs public in the 1A class size, where it hasn't been an issue in recent years.

2013 Tri-Central = public school

2014 North Vermillion - public school

2015 LCC

2016 Linton Stockton = public school

2017 Pioneer = public school

2018 Pioneer = public school

2019 ???

Where I am confused is that, without Success Factor, which is what you said, LCC would have remained in 1A in 2013 and 2014.  It's highly likely that LCC would have prevailed in 2013 and 2014 in 1A.  At the same time, as has been pointed out by folks like @Coach Nowlin, LCC also had an unusual run of talent bunching at that time.  The current 2019 squad looks much more like the standard LCC teams before the four-peat.  With that in mind, I think that you are right that there more of a general mix in 1A then perhaps in other classes.  I was just having a discussion with someone today who was lamenting that LCC beat up on all those county schools and they mentioned Pioneer by name.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I think LCC and Pioneer are pretty close to split in their series against each other.

• Like 1