Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Lafayette Central Catholic
    • Indianapolis Lutheran

I dont think peeps realize.... Lcc has been competing  for state titles.... since inception..... regarless of class...  the QBs  dad .... led Lcc to within one game of a final 4 appearance in Baskball..... the 2nd time... they got that far in a one class system...... b ball players r now playing fb...... same w the Anthrops.... the ole man .... never played FB..... tho he been great at it.......

Great game. Congrats to LCC and gutsy call by LCC head coach on 2 pt. conversion. Lutheran coach going to regret his play calls on 2nd and 3rd down prior to the missed FG. Two incomplete passes, stops clock.  Run the ball twice, get a few yards closer, possible 1st down, keep clock moving. Get #8 back in the game.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I dont think peeps realize.... Lcc has been competing  for state titles.... since inception..... regarless of class...  the QBs  dad .... led Lcc to within one game of a final 4 appearance in Baskball..... the 2nd time... they got that far in a one class system...... b ball players r now playing fb...... same w the Anthrops.... the ole man .... never played FB..... tho he been great at it.......

His son was a decent QB at NJ. Nothing like baby brother though.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

25 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Great game. Congrats to LCC and gutsy call by LCC head coach on 2 pt. conversion. Lutheran coach going to regret his play calls on 2nd and 3rd down prior to the missed FG. Two incomplete passes, stops clock.  Run the ball twice, get a few yards closer, possible 1st down, keep clock moving. Get #8 back in the game.

I agree. 

Lutheran lost that game but lcc made plays!

Loved the 2 pt conversion call!

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

28 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

I think he may have been going for a knockout punch.  I think that you are right though in that passing the ball may well have led to the opening that LCC got and took full advantage of.

Just now, foxbat said:

I think he may have been going for a knockout punch.  I think that you are right though in that passing the ball may well have led to the opening that LCC got and took full advantage of.

I shook my head.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

If tradition and all of that is important, then where was it last year when Pioneer was feeding you people your own turf (November 2, 2018 Pioneer 70 LCC 7)?  If Lutheran's field goal attempt doesn't hit the upright, then you people are going back up I65 licking your wounds and crying the blues.  You won a close game, so give yourself some credit (like that isn't going to happen) and count your lucky stars.  You escaped with a win.  Be thankful  

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 5

2 hours ago, Ben Mussolini said:

If tradition and all of that is important, then where was it last year when Pioneer was feeding you people your own turf (November 2, 2018 Pioneer 70 LCC 7)?  If Lutheran's field goal attempt doesn't hit the upright, then you people are going back up I65 licking your wounds and crying the blues.  You won a close game, so give yourself some credit (like that isn't going to happen) and count your lucky stars.  You escaped with a win.  Be thankful  

44 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Its 1A Ben..... no school can b on top forever....  and ya.... the Lcc faithful r quite thankful.... thank you very much...  took out a very good Saints team today....  an awful lot had to go right for that to happen... fo shore.....

All teams go through rebuilding.  This was actually supposed to be a rebuilding year for LCC and the game today showed some of the growing pains ... but also showed some of the same traditional resolve to compete regardless of the cards dealt.  I think this one will be one that's savored even more because 1) LCC wasn't supposed to win and 2) the discussions leading up to the win had them pretty much written off completely.  It will hopefully add to those intangibles in future teams ... like those spawned more recently by the Immaculate Interception in 2011 in a battle of #1 1A vs. #1 3A, Timmy Mills end of 1st quarter kickoff return for TD against West Lafayette in 2012, LCC first of 4-peat wins against Fountain Central, overcoming "city speed" in 2011 state title game,  and even in losses against Tipton in sectionals in 2013, and RCHS in semi-state in 2014.

3 hours ago, Ben Mussolini said:

If Lutheran's field goal attempt doesn't hit the upright, then you people are going back up I65 licking your wounds and crying the blues.  You won a close game, so give yourself some credit (like that isn't going to happen) and count your lucky stars.  You escaped with a win.  Be thankful  

For what it's worth, that's a lot what this post sounds like.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foxbat said:

For what it's worth, that's a lot what this post sounds like.

The knights hav taken their fair share of beatdowns.... u wanna make an omelette..... ya gotta break some eggs.... an dont whine about it...... great game.... won on a 2 pt conversion at the end....just like their 1st Title.....  🤭

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ben Mussolini said:

They didnt escape with a win.... ain't no preseason scrimmage..... they walked out with a .... State Title!...... shoulda woulda coulda ..... is code for sometin else......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CatholicFootball10 said:

29-28 Knights. Fixed it for ya. 

Indeed you did.  Impressed by LCC.  My yawn was more referring to the matchup and not necessarily the outcome.

An LCC win here actually put me in the driver’s seat for the tourney contest, lol.

44 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

The Saint Qb... def looked good.... mayb he'll lead em back in 2020 for another crack at it.....

Kid definitely has an arm!  McFadden is an impressive runner too,. Anyone have any idea if he"s made a decision where he"ll play next-level ball?

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Shows the overall weakness of 1A football, and how an established program can dominate it for decades.

And why do you perceive this “weakness” in 1A?

Edited by Guest

So if the 2019 season was supposed to be a 'rebuilding year' for Lafayette Central Catholic what are now the expectations for the 2020 football season?  Undefeated and another 1A state championship are to be expected.  

Then what?  The success factor bumps the Knights back up to 2A where they languish for a few years.  However this gives 1A government school programs like Sheridan, Pioneer, South Adams, Southwood, North Vermillion, West Washington a chance to steal the ring for a couple seasons.  Then the yo-yo starts again.  

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So if the 2019 season was supposed to be a 'rebuilding year' for Lafayette Central Catholic what are now the expectations for the 2020 football season?  Undefeated and another 1A state championship are to be expected.  

Then what?  The success factor bumps the Knights back up to 2A where they languish for a few years.  However this gives 1A government school programs like Sheridan, Pioneer, South Adams, Southwood, North Vermillion, West Washington a chance to steal the ring for a couple seasons.  Then the yo-yo starts again.  

Really?  Ya think so?  Thx!!

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Correct.  

Public schools with an enrollment of under 500 get a decent crop of athletes and even the best can only make a run at it 2-3 times per decade.

Meanwhile, the “factories” will continue to dominate these levels annually for obvious reasons...and its only getting worse.

The gap is growing folks.

Edited by Guest