Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

16 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Sounds like Bville based there whole decision on football because thry cant hang with the SIAC. I really thought they were going in the right direction when they hired their new coach a couple years but I was wrong. They are going backwards instead of trying to get better. Good luck in the PAC and I am glad you didnt join the SIAC. We want teams that know the can win. That article made Bville football program look really bad. Just my opinion. 

Finally, something we can agree on. Boonville’s AD just made them look like a joke. As he said, they had their best season in 15-20 years, and presumably the kids are excited to be out there and build off of it, and all of a sudden, your AD says that you can’t compete with the BOTTOM of the conference they are considering joining? What is he telling those kids, and future generations? Have to say, if I am a parent in Boonville, I might be looking for other options. I mean, what happens if they can’t win in the big school division of the PAC? Petition to join the small school division?

i understand where he is coming from on the whole students not playing because they can’t win. But how many students now won’t play because the staff doesn’t believe in them? 

Oh, and for the record, all time, Boonville is 41-133 against teams currently in the SIAC. And 33-87 against the two newest members coming in. 

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Finally, something we can agree on. Boonville’s AD just made them look like a joke. As he said, they had their best season in 15-20 years, and presumably the kids are excited to be out there and build off of it, and all of a sudden, your AD says that you can’t compete with the BOTTOM of the conference they are considering joining? What is he telling those kids, and future generations? Have to say, if I am a parent in Boonville, I might be looking for other options. I mean, what happens if they can’t win in the big school division of the PAC? Petition to join the small school division?

i understand where he is coming from on the whole students not playing because they can’t win. But how many students now won’t play because the staff doesn’t believe in them? 

Oh, and for the record, all time, Boonville is 41-133 against teams currently in the SIAC. And 33-87 against the two newest members coming in. 

I don't want to beat up on Boonville because I think Coach Ward is building something good there, but I agree the AD's comment about being undefeated and barely beating Bosse didn't show much faith.  

1 hour ago, tango said:

I don't want to beat up on Boonville because I think Coach Ward is building something good there, but I agree the AD's comment about being undefeated and barely beating Bosse didn't show much faith.  

I know Kevin Davis.  Great guy and he is doing a great job as AD according to everyone I've heard from in the school district.  Let's be careful and not assume what was written is what was actually said or meant to be said in the manner it was written.  We see it all the time and knowing Kevin the way I do, I highly doubt it is accurate.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tango said:

Sorry but I find itvhard to believe Coach Ward had nothing to do with this decision.

37 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Sorry but I find itvhard to believe Coach Ward had nothing to do with this decision.

I would agree with you. The AD was even quoted in saying that he coach Ward talked about going independent instead of joining the SIAC. 

11 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I’m just kind of blown away with how Boonville has handled this whole thing. And this article is the cherry on top.

They were in the same boat as Jasper. Both 4A schools with similar enrollments playing in the same sectional with Evansville schools as their competition. They were given a golden opportunity to prepare for said sectional on a yearly basis and declined because of one single contest against a Bosse team who was capable catching anyone(outside the SIAC top tier)off guard in 2018.

And surely they knew that had they joined with GS, it would have forced the conference to split into divisions and that they would’ve ended up in the small division? 

Agree on all points.  Taking nothing from Bosse but after playing them or seeing them yearly teams are well prepared for their speed.  As Boonville realized and it only took a half to adjust.  

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

Can anyone come up with a good reason to play football at a school that does not care about the post season?

You do realize that once upon a time there was no post-season and, yet, they still played?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, tango said:

He is a realist.  Good decision to stay put.  Coach knows that he does not now and never will have the talent and depth to compete in the SIAC.  Kids cycle tyhru high school quickly and the next group to come thru as freshman will have never even heard of this issue.  

8 hours ago, DT said:

He is a realist.  Good decision to stay put.  Coach knows that he does not now and never will have the talent and depth to compete in the SIAC.  Kids cycle tyhru high school quickly and the next group to come thru as freshman will have never even heard of this issue.  

Thats where coaching ability should come into play. Also they need to drop out the sectional because with this thinking they will never compete there either since 80% of the teams will be from the SIAC. Coach not thinking of his kids just thinking of his win/loss record.