Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, Titan32 said:

As much as I like the merger/big - small division thing.  There is zero chance of that ever happening.  If they took a vote of all the PAC member schools, I bet it would get 1 vote.

I think there is a better chance than zero.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cappy said:

I think there is a better chance than zero.

No, it’s 0.  Keep in mind this would apply to all sports, also keep in mind a vote was taken before to just sit down and talk to the Big 8. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure one school was even interested in allowing discussions to take place.

The larger schools will not vote to disrupt their happy place, the smaller schools have no desire to be the champion of the “small” division.  

What do you think has changed?  Do you think the admin at North Posey have had a change of heart?

As I have said on this thread many times, conference members are never, never, ever interested in helping other programs out.  It is 100 percent about what can you do for me, how can you make my world better than it is today?  Is there any chance that my confront and stability across all sports boys and girls that I have enjoyed for decades will be disrupted?  

I like the idea folks as it would provide a better SOS for GS in football....the sad truth is my time is better spent playing power ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

No, it’s 0.  Keep in mind this would apply to all sports, also keep in mind a vote was taken before to just sit down and talk to the Big 8. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure one school was even interested in allowing discussions to take place.

The larger schools will not vote to disrupt their happy place, the smaller schools have no desire to be the champion of the “small” division.  

What do you think has changed?  Do you think the admin at North Posey have had a change of heart?

As I have said on this thread many times, conference members are never, never, ever interested in helping other programs out.  It is 100 percent about what can you do for me, how can you make my world better than it is today?  Is there any chance that my confront and stability across all sports boys and girls that I have enjoyed for decades will be disrupted?  

I like the idea folks as it would provide a better SOS for GS in football....the sad truth is my time is better spent playing power ball.

I’ll just say I have been told there is a much greater chance than zero percent. Possibly as soon as the 2020 season, but my source could be mistaken. I trust him tho..

6 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I’ll just say I have been told there is a much greater chance than zero percent. Possibly as soon as the 2020 season, but my source could be mistaken. I trust him tho..

I do believe the Big 8 has a proposal and I do believe the PAC will at least listen this time.  The percentage chance that the PAC will go for said proposal....I still say I will stick with power ball LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I do believe the Big 8 has a proposal and I do believe the PAC will at least listen this time.  The percentage chance that the PAC will go for said proposal....I still say I will stick with power ball LOL.

Obviously no dog in the fight, but it seems intriguing to me....  Boonville, Jasper, Lincoln, GS, HH, Southridge & (MV, PCHS, or NP) in one division would be VERY solid.  

13 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

I think the ball is rolling a lot more than people may think on this topic!  It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the next couple of months! 

I have a fairly good idea how far it's rolled thus far.  Maybe the majority of the PAC members will like the Big 8 proposal (I would think the schools in the bottom half would love it)...for whatever reason history has shown otherwise.  I can't see HH or SR wanting a game they already play with Jasper to suddenly have conference implications as one obvious example.  It's a tough pill to swallow for proud programs to have the method by which gym banners are counted change dramatically.  For the record, from what I gather, GS has always been willing to listen to realignment proposals.

Edited by Titan32

37 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

^^^^^That will not happen.....

Are you saying as an SR fan you would prefer no realignment...or are you saying you would prefer SR to be in the small school division....or are you saying that you have no confidence in the SR admin to have an open mind?

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

Are you saying as an SR fan you would prefer no realignment...or are you saying you would prefer SR to be in the small school division....or are you saying that you have no confidence in the SR admin to have an open mind?

SR would be in the small school division 

Big 8 and PAC teams ranked by end of 2018 Sagarin Ratings:

NO WAY SR wants to be in the bottom half of this group unless the proposal on the table somehow allows for inter-division games.

image.png.fa3ee563755820a9e3c77ef85a0f8d42.png

GS got off to a slow start thus the Sagarin punishment....sorry had to add that caveat for my HH buddies who complained about their 2014 Sagarin rating LOL.

Edited by Titan32

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I would never go for that if I was them.  How do you see the potential divisions Cappy?

I think it will go by enrollment, two PAC schools in the big school division and Tecumseh back in as part of the small school division 

25 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I think it will go by enrollment, two PAC schools in the big school division and Tecumseh back in as part of the small school division 

Enrollment:

1. Jasper 1105

2. Boonville 914

3. Washington 746

4. Vincennes Lincoln 735

5. Gibson Southern 703

6. Princeton 617

7. Mt. Vernon 603

8. Heritage Hills 601

9. Pike Central 563

10. Southridge 520

11. North Posey 450

12. Tell City 430

13. South Spencer 421

14. Forest Park 387

15. Tecumseh 302

An odd number of teams here....so what is the proposal?

Edited by Titan32

15 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Enrollment:

1. Jasper 1105

2. Boonville 914

3. Washington 746

4. Vincennes Lincoln 735

5. Gibson Southern 703

6. Princeton 617

7. Mt. Vernon 603

8. Heritage Hills 601

9. Pike Central 563

10. Southridge 520

11. North Posey 450

12. Tell City 430

13. South Spencer 421

14. Forest Park 387

15. Tecumseh 302

An odd number of teams here....so what is the proposal?

Ok, so not from a GS source, but it looks like PAC AD's are already in the process of proposing to their PAC Principals a football only merger with the Big 8.  The top 8 schools above would form the Big school division and the bottom 7 would form the Small school division.  Principals would vote on this in the spring.  All PAC schools are in agreement with this plan supposedly....yet I find this hard to believe.  Looks like the Small schools would have an extra non-conference game to schedule teams from the big school division.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 2

By enrollment is a huge mistake in my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Ok, so not from a GS source, but it looks like PAC AD's are already in the process of proposing to their PAC Principals a FOOTBALL only merger with the Big 8.  The top 8 schools above would form the Big school division and the bottom 7 would form the Small school division.  Principals would vote on this in the spring.  All PAC schools are in agreement with this plan supposedly....yet I find this hard to believe.  Looks like the Small schools would have an extra non-conference game to schedule teams from the big school division.

Trade the #3 and #10 and you might have something....

• Like 1