Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

Just now, johnathanspencer said:

I just heard the same thing last night from a random, unexpected source.  Would take effect 2020 and would be a "football only" merger.  Hearing this is basically a done deal but who knows.

Yeah, both those points stated earlier in the thread.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:18 AM, Titan32 said:

.the sad truth is my time is better spent playing power ball.

Enough said.......................

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

If you read closely....I said I still don't think it will pass.  Have you noticed not much input here from SR and HH?

I hope that it does pass, I hope that is clear.  Kicking the sh@t out of Vincennes each year will be way more fun that Tell City!

then..............

1 minute ago, Bulldoggit said:

Enough said.......................

LOL...come on dude, you normally come off a little sharper than this.  I received more information after my original post that there is at least a sluggers chance this could go through.  I still don't think it will...but will put it more in line with a "scratch off" LOL.

1 hour ago, Titan76 said:

I am interested to hear what the SR fans think about a merger. Would they keep Linton as a nonconference game or GS. Assuming they surely keep jasper and HH. 

I think as a fan of the only school in either conference that has gotten moved up because of the success factor we are getting kicked in the family jewels, right or wrong just my opinion.....I just hope Bardwell finds a way out of it before 2020 and I don't know what that route is...….again just my opinion

1 hour ago, hunter63 said:

I think as a fan of the only school in either conference that has gotten moved up because of the success factor we are getting kicked in the family jewels, right or wrong just my opinion.....I just hope Bardwell finds a way out of it before 2020 and I don't know what that route is...….again just my opinion

If I were SR in this deal...I would try to position myself to trade a team in the large school division for my spot in the small school division like Washington for example.  Seems like both programs might go for that, maybe I'm wrong.

This just in.....word on the street is that SR was opposed to this deal until they found out they would be in the small division.  Perhaps a banner that says PAC “small division” Champs is appealing? 💁

Edited by Titan32

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This just in.....word on the street is that SR was opposed to this deal until they found out they would be in the small division.  Perhaps a banner that says PAC “small division” Champs is appealing? 💁

Get over yourself- PAC banners are great, but we’ll gladly take that State Championship banner and a semi-State appearance the following year in its place.

Over the last 2 decades, we (SHS) have enjoyed a great run of success no doubt. We worked our tails off to get to that point- but the fact remains we don’t have some of the demographic/socioeconomic/enrollment advantages that these “upper” schools enjoy. Why would/should we advocate for a system that would place us in an “uneven” division?? We can’t look into the future- we don’t know where we will be 5-10 years down the road. Do we hope that our success will continue?? No doubt we do, but a school our size loses one great athlete, it can be a game changer. 

This whole talk of adding in these teams and creating divisions to me is non-sense. A couple of the smaller schools cry about getting beat up by GS/HH every year and we want to blow the whole thing up?? Whatever...to me it sends the wrong message. Not too long ago (early 90s) we were a bottom half team in the conference- but we put our heads down, went to work, and got better. We didn’t cry and try to get the whole conference to cater to our needs. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

Get over yourself- PAC banners are great, but we’ll gladly take that State Championship banner and a semi-State appearance the following year in its place.

Over the last 2 decades, we (SHS) have enjoyed a great run of success no doubt. We worked our tails off to get to that point- but the fact remains we don’t have some of the demographic/socioeconomic/enrollment advantages that these “upper” schools enjoy. Why would/should we advocate for a system that would place us in an “uneven” division?? We can’t look into the future- we don’t know where we will be 5-10 years down the road. Do we hope that our success will continue?? No doubt we do, but a school our size loses one great athlete, it can be a game changer. 

This whole talk of adding in these teams and creating divisions to me is non-sense. A couple of the smaller schools cry about getting beat up by GS/HH every year and we want to blow the whole thing up?? Whatever...to me it sends the wrong message. Not too long ago (early 90s) we were a bottom half team in the conference- but we put our heads down, went to work, and got better. We didn’t cry and try to get the whole conference to cater to our needs. Just my opinion. 

Well said, and an admirable position to take...however, do you feel your position aligns with that of the SR admin?

I think this is a good idea, for the most part.  The only concern I would have for Southridge is would playing the "historically lower performing schools" of the PAC now  will that prepare you for a tournament run?  In past you were prepared by playing HH, GS, Jasper (non-conference) but with this new alignment would you lose those 2 or 3 quality match ups?  But the flip side is that you have a better chance making it through the regular season more healthy I would think.  This new conference though still doesn't address Jasper's need to upgrade their schedule.  Maybe this new conference does improve that some but in the big scheme of things are they playing the same caliber of teams as Central, Reitz, and Memorial play for that 4A sectional.  Not making any statement here just throwing out some thoughts.  For the smaller schools in the PAC that have not been used to deep tournament runs this is a big win I would think. 

5 minutes ago, johnathanspencer said:

I think this is a good idea, for the most part.  The only concern I would have for Southridge is would playing the "historically lower performing schools" of the PAC now  will that prepare you for a tournament run?  In past you were prepared by playing HH, GS, Jasper (non-conference) but with this new alignment would you lose those 2 or 3 quality match ups?  But the flip side is that you have a better chance making it through the regular season more healthy I would think.  This new conference though still doesn't address Jasper's need to upgrade their schedule.  Maybe this new conference does improve that some but in the big scheme of things are they playing the same caliber of teams as Central, Reitz, and Memorial play for that 4A sectional.  Not making any statement here just throwing out some thoughts.  For the smaller schools in the PAC that have not been used to deep tournament runs this is a big win I would think. 

Keep in mind the 7 team division gives them 3 non-conference games to work with. They could play Jasper, HH and GS or Linton.