Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

After that current 7th grade outright PAC champs with no one in the conference even close.  

6th grade....work in progress.

5th grade....get your popcorn..potentially 2015/2017 type group.

Forest Park 7th graders went undefeated this year......so Co-PAC Champs!!! ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

It's a good group, as always, have to keep them together!  But, FP is finally pumping some money into football.  New locker rooms, new weightroom.  Hopefully phase two will happen in a few years, new parking, bleachers, etc.  

That is really awesome.

8 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

HA!  You must be new to the board?  We are all used to hearing how great GS classes are starting at birth.  

Trust me...he isn't new.

8 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

HA!  You must be new to the board?  We are all used to hearing how great GS classes are starting at birth.  

You know you love me bro!  Remember all the great times we had at the Chateau?

• Kill me now 1

23 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Not new. Just gets old listening to the chest thumping sometimes. Especially when Gibson Southern will field a team of kids with 0 sectional championships in 2019. Same as my kids.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Not new. Just gets old listening to the chest thumping sometimes. Especially when Gibson Southern will field a team of kids with 0 sectional championships in 2019. Same as my kids.

Sorry dude..you're right.  Somehow I'm guessing that isn't the means by which you tell your kids they should measure their success....or then again maybe not.

Edited by Titan32

T32 That’s a skill that could earn you a very lucrative salary.  I would bet Castle fans feel they should win state championship after championship based on feeder team records. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Screagle said:

T32 That’s a skill that could earn you a very lucrative salary.  I would bet Castle fans feel they should win state championship after championship based on feeder team records. 

Honest question. If you don't look at how your feeder schools do, how do you know what you have coming up the pipeline? Do you just wait until they are freshman and hope for the best? 

Don't have a dog in this fight, but it sure does make an interesting thread. As we are trained to say in the financial business, past results are not an indicator of future success. Would that every school had the enthusiastic community support that GS enjoys. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

Don't have a dog in this fight, but it sure does make an interesting thread. As we are trained to say in the financial business, past results are not an indicator of future success. Would that every school had the enthusiastic community support that GS enjoys. 

I think most people here can agree that GS has a great community backing of its program. Without that support the team would never have made it this far and the support is one of the reasons Hart decided to take the GS job and more importantly KEEP the GS job.  From everything I have read in papers and heard, he absolutely loves the community.

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Yeah...it goes much deeper than feeder “records” and has little to do with athletes.  Usually the biggest factor is group buy in (parents and players) to the formula that we feel produces a quality varsity result.  We have to build things differently than I suspect what your used to.

2 hours ago, Sacked said:

Honest question. If you don't look at how your feeder schools do, how do you know what you have coming up the pipeline? Do you just wait until they are freshman and hope for the best? 

Absolutely not! I think any school that has a good feeder program is most likely getting good results. Any good HC is deeply involved in their feeder program. Wins and losses by feeder teams have zero impact on varsity football. JMO. Just hard to imagine a person can look at 5th grade football and know that’s a “grab your popcorn” group. 

My point is Castle rarely loses a feeder football game at any level.  Great feeder program that has tons of kids. 2 7th grade teams, 2 8th grade teams and all 4 teams usually very good.  And those teams even combine in high school.  Memorials group that just won state and then played for state rarely won at any level. Class on 18, 19, and 20 rarely had success. Matter of fact they struggled against almost all SIAC teams in 7th and 8th grade....all 3 classes. 

30 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Absolutely not! I think any school that has a good feeder program is most likely getting good results. Any good HC is deeply involved in their feeder program. Wins and losses by feeder teams have zero impact on varsity football. JMO. Just hard to imagine a person can look at 5th grade football and know that’s a “grab your popcorn” group. 

Depending on when T32s oldest child first started TYFL, T32 has probably seen 90% of the kids to play for GS over the last 10-15 years at all levels.  Sure might be hard to imagine but if anyone knows how success in the younger levels translates to Friday nights it’s him. 

Shoot, I ask T32 sometimes how my own brother is doing since I moved away 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

We know.

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

We know.

You should probably read my post again regarding “feeder scores” factors zero percent into my statement. You have made it clear on multiple occasions you simply don’t understand our model.  Come up sometime and I will show you...for free.

Lol. Model? Please explain on here. I’m sure everyone will “grab their popcorn” and listen. 

Since Hart era is all you like to talk about I’m guessing the Hart model?  

I’m guessing GS not doing anything different than 90% of all the programs in SW Indiana.  

I could be wrong but I’m not sure GS has made it out of a sectional 4 of the past 5 years.  

25 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Lol. Model? Please explain on here. I’m sure everyone will “grab their popcorn” and listen. 

Since Hart era is all you like to talk about I’m guessing the Hart model?  

I’m guessing GS not doing anything different than 90% of all the programs in SW Indiana.  

I could be wrong but I’m not sure GS has made it out of a sectional 4 of the past 5 years.  

I give...you win.  Although it’s not far from North come on up after work!

30 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I give...you win.  Although it’s not far from North come on up after work!

And you’re right...we do things exactly like 90% of other programs in the state 1st through 8th grade.  I stand corrected.