Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

There will never be a merger or reshuffle...old school PAC guys too pig headed.

If Tell City ever happens to go independent or to the PLAC...the PAC would get about 4 applications from Big 8 schools over night.

1 hour ago, Alices16 said:

I’ve heard the possibility of the Alices moving to the SIAC

Really?!? 

4 hours ago, Alices16 said:

So the question is where does everyone go or do they add more teams

They will keep plugging along one way or the other.  

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

There will never be a merger or reshuffle...old school PAC guys too pig headed.

If Tell City ever happens to go independent or to the PLAC...the PAC would get about 4 applications from Big 8 schools over night.

Really?!? 

They will keep plugging along one way or the other.  

I’ve heard that from multiple sources within the school 

4 hours ago, Alices16 said:

I could see mutual interest from Jasper, Boonville, and Vincennes in joining the SIAC. 

7 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

PAC/Big 8 merger? Just throwing it out there.  I HIGHLY doubt it happens, but i'm just tossing out the idea.

What would the PAC members interest if two of the three above (J, V, B) joined the SIAC or went independent? 

14 hours ago, Alices16 said:

I’ve heard that from multiple sources within the school 

They can try...but it will be a cold day in Hades that the member schools would vote that in.  It’s a geography thing more than anything else.  Same reason they will never let Jasper in.  Boonville might have a shot.  

My two cents:

Just for me and the geography aspect, I like to see Boonville and Gibson Southern to join the SIAC.  They both bring great boys and girls teams.  It would eliminate out of conference games in football and sharply decrease the travel cost for conference sporting events.  Not to mention great competition for all.   

I do not believe this will happen, but I like this option the best. 

BIG8 might be in trouble.  

Once again, just my thoughts.

If the BIG 8 were to disband. And only if I believe only 2 teams have a legitimate chance of joining the PAC

Princeton...and Mt. Vernon. 

The others I think would be a stretch and at some point if the PAC gets too bit to there will be scheduling nightmares or something will have to change in the form of rotational schedules or dare I say divisions and a week 9 conference championship 

21 hours ago, Alices16 said:

I can't imagine the Alices wanting to load their schedule with Reitz, Castle, Central, Memorial and Mater Dei.  They had some down years bogged down playing the likes of TH South... and now they've gotten their program winning and getting kids out....  not sure the SIAC would help that cause, IMHO only

I wonder if Linton would ever consider the PAC...   I think we turned down the WIC.. not sure... but PAC has teams more in our class... granted those trips to Heritage hills, South Spencer and Tell City would be monster hauls...  I like the sound of it other than I'd hate to lose some long time rivals.   Big 8 would prolly love to have SOuthridge, HH and Gibson Southern...

45 minutes ago, TC-Football said:

Would it make sense to merge the conferences and go big school/ Small school divisions for football. (Maybe switch washington and southridge)

Big School  

Gibson, Heritage Hills, Vincennes, Princeton, Booneville,  Jasper, Mount Vernon, Washington

Small School

Southridge, Forest Park, South Spencer, Tell City, Tecumseh, Pike Central, North Posey

That has been discussed here as nauseam and is a splendid thought, particularly with the Southridge/Washington flip.  That said, there is no way in Hades that the PAC membership gives two squats about what happens to the former Big 8 teams.  Their conference isn’t broken in their minds, therefore why touch it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

That has been discussed here as nauseam and is a splendid thought, particularly with the Southridge/Washington flip.  That said, there is no way in Hades that the PAC membership gives two squats about what happens to the former Big 8 teams.  Their conference isn’t broken in their minds, therefore why touch it.

Yep....if anything teams come to the PAC and it’s still the PAC. 

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would rather see a geographic division shake up.....

also dont know if tecumseh would come back to the PAC for football in this case 

Don't know about Tecumseh going back in that case but they will be playing Forest Park, Pike Central, and North Posey this year anyway.

With the way the Big 8 has performed in the playoffs in the past number of seasons, maybe a smaller conference is a good thing.  This allows the schools to add another team who they are not familiar with and push them come playoff time.  Washington and Mt. Vernon are currently down in football but competitive in other sports, but Princeton and Booneville have both surged in the conference, with Booneville winning the conference this past season.  However this success has not brought any deep postseason runs.  Jasper, Vincennes Lincoln and Booneville could add a 4A or 5A school to their schedule.

58 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Good luck in figuring it out.  All of this conference alignment/membership can be tough.  I never like to see kids going a long way to play games, but sometimes it’s necessary for the sake of competion.

Indiana’s travel distances are laughably small compared to what we do in Nevada.