Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

Might want to read again.....90% of SW Indiana. Can’t speak for teams out of this area. I visit enough schools and coaches in this area to see that most have really good feeder programs. 

What is different about GS compared to programs in SW Indiana. Enlighten us less knowledgeable fans. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah...it goes much deeper than feeder “records” and has little to do with athletes.  Usually the biggest factor is group buy in (parents and players) to the formula that we feel produces a quality varsity result.  We have to build things differently than I suspect what your used to.

Well GS has reinvented the wheel. So it takes parents and players to buy in? 

“We have to build things differently than I suspect what your used to.”

Would  love to hear WTH that means. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Screagle said:

Well GS has reinvented the wheel. So it takes parents and players to buy in? 

“We have to build things differently than I suspect what your used to.”

Would  love to hear WTH that means. 

My last comment on this. I suspect we have hit a impass here.  I can recognize this from years with my wife LOL.  Take a breath and remember that I said..you win!  You are right.  Our methodology for our 1st -8th is the exactly the same as the other quality programs in SW Indiana and there is no possible way we can identify a nice group for us by the 5th grade.  My hat is off to you sir for catching me in my attempt to deceive the knowledgeable fans of SW Indiana.  Again...I am wrong and I apologize to the rest of the thread for the hijack.

Back to the topic at hand, does anyone know the exact date of the vote?  

• Haha 1

T32 you have all the calprep scores posted with VL and Jasper. You talk about domination by GS football for the next several years. You talk about GS being different. And you reply with being married and you win??  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

T32 you have all the calprep scores posted with VL and Jasper. You talk about domination by GS football for the next several years. You talk about GS being different. And you reply with being married and you win??  

I don't recall T32 ever saying that GS will dominate for the next several years. He said he likes their chances on W's & L's but I can't find where he said what you claim he said. Could you quote it for me so that I can see it? 

23 minutes ago, Screagle said:

So now it’s not about the youth anymore?? You don’t like my opinion that GS would be the team to beat in the combined division. That is fair you don’t have to agree.  But I stand by that statement.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So now it’s not about the youth anymore?? You don’t like my opinion that GS would be the team to beat in the combined division. That is fair you don’t have to agree.  But I stand by that statement.

Everyone here has an opinion on who’s going to be in the top of whatever conference you cheer for…  and that’s OK it really will be OK.   

Will be interesting to see how this vote goes.....1 of 2 things will happen

1) this thread blows up because it was passed and we debate this for the next 5 years

2) we come back next year for the 6th year in a row I believe and talk about if it will ever happen 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

I hear the Big 8 Athletic Directors are meeting today. I am not sure if they are voting but I am sure that the main topic will be football from what I am told. I am pretty sure most are in favor. The only two schools that I could see voting no would be Mt. Vernon and Washington. Mt.Vernon really has no options other than to join and Washington because of their size doesn't really have any option either.  

According to Twitter, the Big 8 voted to oust Mt. Carmel following the 2019-20 school rear. 

Then MC responded with a letter announcing their intention to leave at the end of this school year. 

Don’t know what this does to Big 8 or MC football schedule for fall 2019.

3 hours ago, Bcaster said:

According to Twitter, the Big 8 voted to oust Mt. Carmel following the 2019-20 school rear. 

Then MC responded with a letter announcing their intention to leave at the end of this school year. 

Don’t know what this does to Big 8 or MC football schedule for fall 2019.

Perhaps the merger can be ramped up a year ahead of schedule and actually be put in place this upcoming season.

Twitter is buzzing with folks saying the big 8 “ousted” Mt. Carmel a year early.  What I have heard is Mt. Carmel sent a letter to oust themselves.  Not sure why they would want to do that a year before their district play begins.

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Twitter is buzzing with folks saying the big 8 “ousted” Mt. Carmel a year early.  What I have heard is Mt. Carmel sent a letter to oust themselves.  Not sure why they would want to do that a year before their district play begins.

I might get it now.  District play in IL actually starts 2021.  The Big 8 feels it was being “nice” giving everyone a year to prepare for that by setting a 2020 date.  MC is basically saying screw you guys...you expect us to go out and make a bunch of one year deals?  We will just pull out now.

I’d be extremely surprised if the merger was moved up any sooner as a result of yesterday’s news. You’re talking about trying to mesh 15 different football schedules. That’s a significant undertaking.

I heard that they agreed to stay in the Big 8 for the 2019-2020 school year at the Athletic Directors meeting. Then after the meeting, an email was sent out saying that they would be leaving the Big 8 following the end of this school year. A pretty cowardly move on their part. I also hear they only removed Jasper, Boonville, and Washington from their schedule. They still plan on playing Mt. Vernon, Princeton, and Vincennes next football season. Mt. Carmel must have games already lined up in place of those three Big 8 opponents and I wouldn't put it past them to go out and try to pick up games to replace the remaining three Big 8 teams on their schedule. Maybe Mt.Carmel could get the North Egypt Conference back together! Maybe the Little Illini wants to take one last shot at the Golden Aces these next two football season! 

5 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

I’d be extremely surprised if the merger was moved up any sooner as a result of yesterday’s news. You’re talking about trying to mesh 15 different football schedules. That’s a significant undertaking.

I would have to agree 100% with Bcaster on this one. It's going to be really hard on Jasper, Boonville, and Washington to Pick up games for next year right now. I couldn't Imagine doing that for 15 teams, chances are very slim.

20 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I might get it now.  District play in IL actually starts 2021.  The Big 8 feels it was being “nice” giving everyone a year to prepare for that by setting a 2020 date.  MC is basically saying screw you guys...you expect us to go out and make a bunch of one year deals?  We will just pull out now.

That's what she said

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SWFootballfan said:

I heard that they agreed to stay in the Big 8 for the 2019-2020 school year at the Athletic Directors meeting. Then after the meeting, an email was sent out saying that they would be leaving the Big 8 following the end of this school year. A pretty cowardly move on their part. I also hear they only removed Jasper, Boonville, and Washington from their schedule. They still plan on playing Mt. Vernon, Princeton, and Vincennes next football season. Mt. Carmel must have games already lined up in place of those three Big 8 opponents and I wouldn't put it past them to go out and try to pick up games to replace the remaining three Big 8 teams on their schedule. Maybe Mt.Carmel could get the North Egypt Conference back together! Maybe the Little Illini wants to take one last shot at the Golden Aces these next two football season! 

It make sense for them to drop Jasper, Boonville, and Washington.  Those would be the longest trips for them (not by much though)