Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, tango said:

I think there is a much greater chance of the SIAC adding 1 school than adding 2.  Adding 2 would mean the 5 EVSC schools would no longer have majority control of the conference.    

Apparently they don’t care about a majority

43 minutes ago, Sacked said:

No more PAC conference? I bet there are some schools that do not like that idea at all. 

Didn’t say no more PAC conference, but I anticipate a new conference to be formed still named the PAC with new members.

• Like 1

I don’t think some of the Boonville coaches were too thrilled about the SIAC.  Honestly if you take a poll of GS coaches across all sports, I’m not sure what the consensus there would be either.  Then again, coaches and admin aren’t always in lock step are they.

• Thanks 1

AD''s making big time decisions for the long term success for each schools student/athletes across all sports is not an easy one. Snake oil type salesmen looking to make a splash may or may not be the best solution. The ultimate goal is to create the best atmosphere to generate student engagement in spirit and participation. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, D3dream said:

So how's Gibson feel about Boonville dropping out at the last minute thus preventing your move to the SIAC? You two were a package deal just like VL/Jasper. 

I told everyone Jasper was a "No" for the PAC merger but people wanted to pretend it was missing ADs. VL didn't want to get left behind so they agreed to follow Jasper instead of trying to force their hand. VL wanted stability, and this route was chosen by their Principal. 

Just as they were gaining momentum with football. Hopefully the sectional realignment stays for a long time because I'm not seeing many conference titles in their future. 

Edited by D3dream

1 hour ago, D3dream said:

So how's Gibson feel about Boonville dropping out at the last minute thus preventing your move to the SIAC? You two were a package deal just like VL/Jasper. 

I told everyone Jasper was a "No" for the PAC merger but people wanted to pretend it was missing ADs. VL didn't want to get left behind so they agreed to follow Jasper instead of trying to force their hand. VL wanted stability, and this route was chosen by their Principal. 

Just as they were gaining momentum with football. Hopefully the sectional realignment stays for a long time because I'm not seeing many conference titles in their future. 

I feel like GS was for both the PAC/BIG8 merger and joining the SIAC. I think the big thing was getting a tougher conference schedule and I’m sure the other PAC schools were largely for this too. 

Boonville dropping out i think makes it tough now because really the SOS doesn’t change too much outside of boonville being added....just play slightly larger schools...

at this point i think GS wants to join the SIAC because the hopes of a beefed up schedule for the PAC is now pretty much gone. 

The biggest losers of this are teams like princeton, north posey, south Spencer

4 hours ago, D3dream said:

Yeah the only place that I heard Jasper was even considering a PAC merger was on this board. Every other source told me the opposite though. Several people I know within the Vincennes School Corp. that I’ve talked to over the last few months all said Jasper was pushing hard for the SIAC. That wasn’t a mystery. 

What was a mystery is what VL would do, because I’m of the belief they preferred joining the PAC from a competitive stand point. But from a scheduling, logistical, and stability point of view, the SIAC makes perfect sense. Having all sports included is another big plus.

And no, I’m not expecting any conference titles in football for some time. But there is zero reason why they can’t be competitive.