Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

3 hours ago, Cappy said:

What would be the benefit to the PAC adding the four remaining Big8 schools?

The PAC could remain unchanged now that GS isn’t going to the SIAC. 

Great question for the smallest PAC schools. 

1 hour ago, 1984 said:

Great question for the smallest PAC schools. 

Seems to me its an even better question for the stronger PAC programs like GS, HH & SR.  Adding MV, Washington & Princeton doesn't do them any good good and eliminates any chance of scheduling better competition in non-conference.  I would imagine GS will object to adding anyone but Boonville.  

Adding the remaining four teams could make for an interesting PAC.  

The PAC could still have a Big School division and Small School division

Big School

1. Booneville 2. Washington 3. Princeton 4. Gibson S  5. HH 6. Mount Vernon

Small School

1. Pike Central  2. Southridge 3. Forest Park 4. North Posey 5. South Spencer 6. Tell City

Each school could play 5 regular division games.  Week 9 could be a Cross over game between teams that place the same in their respective divisions.(The 1 seed from the Big School division would play the 1 seed in the small school division and so on)  That leaves teams with 3 out of conference dates to schedule up or schedule down based on what each team needs.  

1 hour ago, Charger Coach 1 said:

Adding the remaining four teams could make for an interesting PAC.  

The PAC could still have a Big School division and Small School division

Big School

1. Booneville 2. Washington 3. Princeton 4. Gibson S  5. HH 6. Mount Vernon

Small School

1. Pike Central  2. Southridge 3. Forest Park 4. North Posey 5. South Spencer 6. Tell City

Each school could play 5 regular division games.  Week 9 could be a Cross over game between teams that place the same in their respective divisions.(The 1 seed from the Big School division would play the 1 seed in the small school division and so on)  That leaves teams with 3 out of conference dates to schedule up or schedule down based on what each team needs.  

The issue i see with a crossover week is teams need to work their schedule to make sure weeks 7&8 are non conference games so that there is “enough” time to organize the games for week 9. 

Leave the PAC like it is. These small schools dont wan’t a 4a school in there conference especially in football. Didn’t GS drop Boonville a few years ago so they could schedule better competition. Boonville needs to step up and play the big boys in football, they are most likley playing them in all the other sports. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Leave the PAC like it is. These small schools dont wan’t a 4a school in there conference especially in football. Didn’t GS drop Boonville a few years ago so they could schedule better competition. Boonville needs to step up and play the big boys in football, they are most likley playing them in all the other sports. 

GS did. I believe we dropped them after 2014 and replaced them with Henderson County who is now being replaced this year and next with Southport 

13 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

GS did. I believe we dropped them after 2014 and replaced them with Henderson County who is now being replaced this year and next with Southport 

I believe Southport is a 4 year deal just like HC was

The PAC needs to stay as is.  There is no benefit.  I would love to add Boonville, I just don't want what would come with it.  With Jasper's move, we could slide Boonville in that spot...

If it can't be all, it should be none.

Edited by HHPatriots

22 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Boonville will probably change their mind...I mean don’t they have like 1000 kids?  If GS and Boonville do go SIAC...would the PAC then take Princeton only?

Why Princeton?

Off topic but I heard Mt Vernon hired and Strength and Conditioning Coach. He previously worked at Bobs Gym and with the State Champion Sprinter and the QB Felton a couple years ago at Harrison. Coach Brunson’s brother Cris.

I heard all of this and know none of it. So if it is inaccurate I apologize.

20 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Cuz they are awesome.

To me Princeton and MtV and Washington are all about the same. P/MtV are probably traditional better in Football than Washington. Washington is traditionally better in basketball. Don’t really know about other sports...

Washington is probably closer to most of the PAC not in Gibson or Posey County.

Edited by Cappy

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Boonville will probably change their mind...I mean don’t they have like 1000 kids?  If GS and Boonville do go SIAC...would the PAC then take Princeton only?

Did not realize Boonville had that big of an enrollment. Why would you not want to join a conference that could only make u better in the long run no matter what sport you are talking

25 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Did not realize Boonville had that big of an enrollment. Why would you not want to join a conference that could only make u better in the long run no matter what sport you are talking

Looks like 914

image.png.f9979d67113bc027ebeae11ffc43e44b.png

14 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Will the SIAC give them a chance to change their minds? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think there is time.  But I don't think Boonville will budge.

Does the PAC now have to revote on the merger, if so why would they vote to merge now. Seems to me there would be better off staying with the eight teams. The addition of the four Big 8 teams would not strengthen the conference anymore than it is now and in football it would allow a little more flexability to go out and strengthen your schedule if you so please. Maybe Booneville is scared of the SIAC since Bosse almost beat them last year. Sure dont understand their thinking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think there is time.  But I don't think Boonville will budge.

I really don't understand what Boonville is thinking. With Jasper and VL going to the SIAC that pretty much screwed the rest of the Big 8 because I don't see the PAC letting them in. So are those 4 going to still have a 4 team conference. Are they going to go independent? Seems like a AD nightmare trying to fill 6 non conference games every year. I would think they would want some sort of stability. 

23 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I really don't understand what Boonville is thinking. With Jasper and VL going to the SIAC that pretty much screwed the rest of the Big 8 because I don't see the PAC letting them in. So are those 4 going to still have a 4 team conference. Are they going to go independent? Seems like a AD nightmare trying to fill 6 non conference games every year. I would think they would want some sort of stability. 

I guess they could play each other twice and have 3 non-conference games. 

6 minutes ago, 1984 said:

When Jasper was courting potential suiters to join the SIAC with, I'm curious why GS didn't jump at the chance.  Assumed that would have been the golden goose.

Think there was a four team deal that included GS and the fourth team bavked out the day before the announcement.

Just now, reitzguy said:

Think there was a four team deal that included GS and the fourth team bavked out the day before the announcement.

Should say a four school deal.

• Thanks 1

I personally dont think the SIAC got that much better with the addition of Jasper and Vinn. It just got eaiser on the Athletic Directors in reguards to scheduling. SIAC would have still been one of the best conferances south of Indy without the addition. Speaking from a selffish aspect I sure would have loved seeing the kid from GS playing in the SIAC his last two years of high school if he is as good as the say he is.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1