Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 will be down to 6 teams.

18 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Not sure I would agree wit that statement but that is what is good about this forum. I stiil dont think the SIAC is a great conference overall but it is a good conference. I would have rather seen it stay at 8

I agree!! SIAC is a good conference overall, not great! A few SIAC sports/programs are very competitive at the state level.  As a fan it’s nice to be able to drive 15 minutes and see every conference team/game being played.  And yes, staying at 8 would have been just fine.  

15 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

......if Gibson Southern was only girls sports they would still be better overall for athletics than VL for both boys/girls sports lol

I’m not sure SIAC cared who came in after Jasper. #1 priority was Jasper. I respectfully disagree. I don’t see a difference in GS or VL other than driving distance.  I see huge difference in Jasper JMO.  

58 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m not sure SIAC cared who came in after Jasper. #1 priority was Jasper. I respectfully disagree. I don’t see a difference in GS or VL other than driving distance.  I see huge difference in Jasper JMO.  

Jasper has an exceptional baseball program.  

26 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Jasper has an exceptional baseball program.  

Not many schools have won state in Basketball, Football and Baseball and  with exception of Football which has always been classed  Jasper did it before Class Sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

GS has exceptional softball.  So give me baseball over softball.  

Dont believe Jasper is the question here they were a no brainer. Think this has turned into more the debate between Lincoln and GS

23 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Dont believe Jasper is the question here they were a no brainer. Think this has turned into more the debate between Lincoln and GS

Lincoln. Jasper’s biggest rival. In a conference that is falling apart in front of everyone’s eyes. Uncertain future if they stay, but willing to step up and play “the big boys” unlike another that has been discussed here. Makes sense. 

Gibson Southern. No affiliation with Jasper in football. Conference is stable and strong. Showed no inclination of wanting to move until the last hour.

I personally could care less which school the SIAC took with Jasper. I like both schools that were mentioned here. So to me, I’ll go to Lincoln and Jasper when Reitz has games there, and you know what? I won’t gripe about them being brought into the conference. I am ok with driving an hour to see a game. Heck, been doing it for a very long time, and won’t be stopping anytime soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Lincoln. Jasper’s biggest rival. In a conference that is falling apart in front of everyone’s eyes. Uncertain future if they stay, but willing to step up and play “the big boys” unlike another that has been discussed here. Makes sense. 

Gibson Southern. No affiliation with Jasper in football. Conference is stable and strong. Showed no inclination of wanting to move until the last hour.

I personally could care less which school the SIAC took with Jasper. I like both schools that were mentioned here. So to me, I’ll go to Lincoln and Jasper when Reitz has games there, and you know what? I won’t gripe about them being brought into the conference. I am ok with driving an hour to see a game. Heck, been doing it for a very long time, and won’t be stopping anytime soon. 

Amen.

This isn’t so much about who deserves it more than the other. But who needed a new conference home more. 

And it’s not like anyone from Vincennes is expecting the red carpet rolled out. But a chance to prove ourselves would be nice. 

VL has nothing to prove,  IMO VL’s rich tradition in athletics makes for a perfect addition to SIAC. PAC conference is in a good place. Strong with good athletic programs. Big 8 struggling and SIAC gets the two best programs in it. Win for all those involved.  Plus Bobe’s Pizza > Sandy’s Pizza 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Enough about whos going where, whos staying put in the future. Lets start talking about 2019. Who wins 2019 SIAC, PAC snd the Big 8 for the last time?

SIAC is Castle Reitz and central???? Idk. Lots of whispers of castle but that’s every year it seems 

BIG8 is VL, Jasper. I’ll give the nod to VL. 

PAC I think is firmly a Heritage Hills Gibson Southern race....normally I would say Southridge too but I think I recall reading that Montgomery for Southridge is focusing on only baseball now.  Kid is a 3 sport athlete but I think if memory serves me correct that he has the potential to be a major baseball prospect.  

As someone who has a substantial amount of both....Sandy's is better than Bobe's.   Congrats to the SIAC for obtaining two historic programs rich in tradition.  I think the Jasper Castle football game will have some atmosphere to it....not sure why just a gut feeling.  Also, tons of respect for these two schools purposely putting themselves in situations across most sports where they will have to complete at a higher level than they are historically accustomed to.  I think this demonstrates a certain amount of faith in their communities to step up to meet the challenge.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

As someone who has a substantial amount of both....Sandy's is better than Bobe's.   Congrats to the SIAC for obtaining two historic programs rich in tradition.  I think the Jasper Castle football game will have some atmosphere to it....not sure why just a gut feeling.  Also, tons of respect for these two schools purposely putting themselves in situations across most sports where they will have to complete at a higher level than they are historically accustomed to.  I think this demonstrates a certain amount of faith in their communities to step up to meet the challenge.

They are both pretty dang good pizza IMO.  I agree 100% with your comment about having the stones to compete at a higher level.  

41 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Not sure on other sports, but I know that the middle school programs play in the same league and it is an intense game whether it is Castle North or South playing Jasper. 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

As someone who has a substantial amount of both....Sandy's is better than Bobe's. 

There’s so many great places to eat in Gibson County already...can’t we just have the nod for best pizza at least?? Lol. 

I have had Sandy’s once and it was delicious. 

12 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

There’s so many great places to eat in Gibson County already...can’t we just have the nod for best pizza at least?? Lol. 

I have had Sandy’s once and it was delicious. 

You know what they say...Pizza is like S3X....even when it is bad...it's still pretty good.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I think it is a logical assumption that at least some portion of the remaining 4 Big 8 teams would like to join the PAC.

I don't see that doing much for you guys, do you?  I think I'd rather leave the PAC as is and have the ability to schedule some quality non-conf opponents like you guys have been trying to do the last few years.  I sure as heck wouldn't want a guaranteed football game every other year at Washington and risk injuries...

6 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't see that doing much for you guys, do you?  I think I'd rather leave the PAC as is and have the ability to schedule some quality non-conf opponents like you guys have been trying to do the last few years.  I sure as heck wouldn't want a guaranteed football game every other year at Washington and risk injuries...

The only benefit I would see is if they stick with the 2 division idea (big small) leaving us with three non-conference games, two of which in weeks 1 and 2.  I totally agree about the field at Washington.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tango said:

I don’t know what benefit it is or would be for the PAC.

Maybe the PAC schools want to help these other schools and solidify the conference?

At this point I expect the PAC to expand and go big/small divisions but who knows! Things change in a hurry!

On 5/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, Screagle said:

GS has exceptional softball.  So give me baseball over softball.  

Looks like it's a win-win for you then as Vincennes appears to also have a top-notch baseball program!

• Like 1