Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Prayers for Coach Bowsman

Not going to pretend I knew him closely. I had him as my gym teacher in 03. Was always easy going and in a good mood. Have had 2 sisters and now my nephew in school system and never once heard a person complain of the man. Never seen a player seemingly not like the guy in all my years of watching the team play. By all accounts is loved by all the kids. The school and community is losing a beloved figure. God bless his family. 

• Like 2

I’ve been following this since I was updated on Friday the coach was headed to the hospital. Sometimes we are quickly reminded how fragile life is and as great as this game we celebrate is, it is minuscule in the whole scheme of our time on earth. My thoughts and prayers are for the family and community that they can find comfort in this difficult time now and in the next couple weeks as we approach the holiday season.

• Like 10

This is absolutely terrible news.   Coach Bowsman always went out of this to talk to me the times Linton faced off with his Senators.  And we had great discussions on social media about football and small school sports in general in past years.  I was very happy for his success and know that he is very respected and liked by the whole community.  I had send him a personal note just a couple weeks back as the Senators rolled thru their regional win. WW is in the middle of nowhere, but what a place it is to be on a high school football Friday night.  I know this has to be so hard on his family, his team, and the whole WW area.   My lasting memory was after Linton beat WW in one of the tourney games at Cambellsburg how we talked for 45 minutes in an endzone after everyone had left the field.   JUst hate to hear this happening to someone so young and who gives so much back to his community.  My prayers to all affected. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

This is just devastating news. I lost my mom on Christmas in 2014, and it just never gets easier every time that holiday rolls around. I am sending my condolences and prayers to everyone in the West Washington community and to Coach Bowsman, his family, and his friends.

It was three years ago tomorrow a chain of events began that led us to losing two family members by Christmas. Thanksgiving dinner was in the cafeteria at IU that year. The holidays just have not been the same. My heart breaks for the Bowsman family, Coach Bowsman was passionate about his Senators. I worked some Softball down there as well, always enjoyed talking Football with him when I was there. I'm so old I remember working games when he was a player back in the day. 

• Like 3

This is such a tragedy and total heartbreak. This man has done incredible things with this football program, for the school athletics, the school itself, all the kids he’s helped over the years, and most importantly his family and friends. I didn’t know the guy one bit, but from what I can tell he’s a great man. I send my condolences to everyone who knows and loves Coach Bowsman from way up north.

• Like 2

Prayers to the West Washington Football team and to the whole community during this difficult time. The coaching staffs of both Indy Lutheran and Lafayette Central Catholic felt it was important to honor coach Bowsman. So Both Indy Lutheran and LCC will be wearing helmet stickers with #WWeFamily in honor of coach Bowsman This Friday. 

Peace be with you All 

• Like 8

I have struggled to put into words what to say... a million thoughts run through my head as a fellow coach... I can't even imagine what his family and the community is going through. I was fortunate to know Coach Bowsman. He was a great and humble man. The fact that he was also a great coach was just a bonus. I am so sad to see this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the community. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paccolpur said:

Prayers to the West Washington Football team and to the whole community during this difficult time. The coaching staffs of both Indy Lutheran and Lafayette Central Catholic felt it was important to honor coach Bowsman. So Both Indy Lutheran and LCC will be wearing helmet stickers with #WWeFamily in honor of coach Bowsman This Friday. 

Peace be with you All 

Very classy.. and very special.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Very classy.. and very special.

Absolutely Fantastic idea.  Definitely classy and special!

Friday night lights will not be the same in the WW Community.

And what a great way to show support and pay tribute to Coach Bowsman by lighting fields Friday and Saturday.

RIP, Coach!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

My thoughts are with his family and the community. 

I can relate to what his kids are going through or what they will. I lost my dad at 14 suddenly and it happened right in front of me and he was in the same age range as coach Bowsman (dad was 45) and 18 years later it still hurts a lot. I hope the family and community really continue to rally behind the family. 

God bless them all. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1