Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli Special Needs Manager Assaulted

3 hours ago, TRCJunkie said:

P/p has played by different rules for years both academically and athletically, why would they think they should be held to the same moral standard now?

Among the most loathsome things I have ever seen written here.

Please crawl back into whatever hate filled little hole you slimed up from.

• Like 6

In all reality, where does Roncalli go from here? I've seen people demanding the school close down or the entire administration/coaching staff get relieved. I know rumors are not talk on the GID, but would people actually want this job given what's happened at the school in the last 18 months? 

35 minutes ago, FBO said:

Really good example of poor leadership at Roncalli.  From the players all they way to administration.  If all of this is indeed true, they need to clean house.  I wouldn't be surprised if the school folded.  What parent would want to send their child to a school with this type of leadership........I just can't imagine how a group of players got to the point that they thought this was a good idea.....what kind of kids do this?  What are they teaching these kids? 

I'm generalizing a bit here so my apologies..........the argument that kids that go to P/P schools are better kids, work harder, etc......just doesn't hold true.  Never thought I'd say this but they are not 1.5X......and this is a perfect example.

Roncalli seems to have gone into a downward spiral ever since they made the decision to stop playing Cathedral.

They seem to have gone rogue.

Wonder why?

Is it hubris?

Delusions of grandeur?

Entitlement?

31 minutes ago, Lysander said:

TRCJunkie is making a good point.  And he's right.  There are different rules for PPs and Publics.

Just now, Obi-Wan said:

I am wondering if it was the Hot take of all Hot takes that I saw . If so wow.

Just clearing any and all unfounded hearsay 

Trying to patient with this very sensitive topic of the victims and with Roncalli school as a whole

Don't want to lock it, but there HAS to be some trust with our members to toe the line and not make references, acquisitions, or flat out, "I know someone who knows something and they said this....."  

Just now, DT said:

TRCJunkie is making a good point.  And he's right.  There are different rules for PPs and Publics.

When it comes to Attendance, discipline, etc that has never been questioned, why should it now?   

1 minute ago, DT said:

Do you have facts to back this up or are you just throwing out opinions and letting your own hate/bias spread inappropriately?

2 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Do you have facts to back this up or are you just throwing out opinions and letting your own hate/bias spread inappropriately?

This is more of a gut feel, subjective topic.  One either "feels" that PPs get special treatment, or "doesnt feel" that way. Its not a fact driven debate.  I have no hate nor bias towards pps or publics.  I enjoy them all.  But I'm also not so naive as to know that some have significant advantages over others.  

Edited by DT

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Just clearing any and all unfounded hearsay 

Trying to patient with this very sensitive topic of the victims and with Roncalli school as a whole

Don't want to lock it, but there HAS to be some trust with our members to toe the line and not make references, acquisitions, or flat out, "I know someone who knows something and they said this....."  

When it comes to Attendance, discipline, etc that has never been questioned, why should it now?   

No I understand what you are doing I just can't believe there are those using this topic to take shots that have nothing to do with this topic.

4 minutes ago, DT said:

This is more of a gut feel, subjective topic.  One either "feels" that PPs get special treatment, or "doesnt feel" that way. Its not a fact driven debate.  I have no hate nor bias towards pps or publics.  I enjoy them all.  But I'm also not so naive as to know that some have significant advantages over others.  

Having different advantages or different levels of support is different than different rules or special treatment. I make it a fact driven debate because if you are going to disparage, then back it up. Otherwise, it is an opinion that unreasonably casts negative shadows on teams and programs that do it the right way and should not have to submit to blanket statements or false narratives.

P/p has played by different rules for years both academically and athletically, why would they think they should be held to the same moral standard now?

Entitlement breeds hubris

•  

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Entitlement breeds hubris

•  

Whether we like it or not, we have all been born into this world as part of one great human family. Rich or poor, educated or uneducated, belonging to one nation or another, to one religion or another, adhering to this ideology or that, ultimately each of is just a human being like everyone else. We all desire happiness and do not want suffering.

--Dalai Lama

• Like 1

I'm sure the right attorney or law firm could have a field day with this, as well they should.  There is so much that was mis-handled here it makes my head spin.  Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Unfortunately no punishment or settlement will ever erase those events for that poor young man.

Edited by Bonecrusher

2 minutes ago, DT said:

CG has a lot of PP in its DNA

Troll. What will you do next week when the season is over and your entire social outlet has evaporated? Will you go back to playing Minecraft in your parents’ basement? Or is there another forum or blog that you try to derail constantly for instant gratification? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DT said:

I will also throw out that Roncalli has ugly uniforms.

Never liked them.  

There was also the great "Hurricane Scirfes" debacle here on the GID during the days of the Roncalli Horde.................

Just now, Tanka Jahari said:

CG has a lot of PP in its pool

Do you have underwater end zone cameras that can be installed in pools to detect unauthorized indoor pool urination?

20 minutes ago, superjay said:

REMOVED

just because folks in the "southside": know about it doesn't mean this is a vehicle to discuss it 

So with that and just the utter fact I just don't trust folks to do the right thing around here its best to just lock it down 

Sorry but its the right way to handle this in our community. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1