Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Time to fix the broken 6A tournament

Guest DT

2 hours ago, BTF said:

It makes it better. A school that ranks 17-32 winning the state championship is a once in a decade occurrence. And we all know that enrollment is, by far, the main reason

From 2008 to 2018 Cg a team that is your 17 to 32 numbers 2 state titles one runner up and several  more final 4s 

While I do agree that our state would benefit from a from a 7th class, I don’t always agree with the citation of Carmel’s enrollment as a reason for it.  Though it is unfair, let’s not pretend we’re trying to stop some juggernaut in Hamilton County.  

Carmel is racking up conference and state titles but more so in the country club sports.  Football is actually balanced (from a conference standpoint) more than most other sports.

I know I am probably talking out of both sides of my mouth but football is a numbers driven sport more than any other.  There is a minimal advantage between the top four MIC schools in terms of that effect enrollment plays on the gridiron.

Edited by Guest

I am a little confused if CG was to lose to Carmel we can just blame It the fact that they are double our size.

because in the past when we have lost to Carmel or WC orBD we have just said good game and whet and worked harder because that what good programs do.  Not blame it stuff that can not be help. 

• Like 1

6 classes are enough.  I know I’ve said this before, but I have seen no compelling argument to make a change.  I think the “get better” approach is the way to do things.  Everybody should not get a trophy, the ones that work the hardest should.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BTF said:

But currently they are 6A Division 1 enrollment. If they did bump down, maybe they do dominate for 2 years. Then they bump back up. Class 6a is a joke in it's current state. An enrollment range of 1900-5000! How can anyone not see the problem here? I know it's fun to thump your chest and claim "were the best." But do it in your own weight class. 

Too bad New Pal isn’t in 6A...They would run all over either Carmel or Center Grove (again) in the 6A title game... 

• Disdain 1

18 hours ago, Temptation said:

While I do agree that our state would benefit from a from a 7th class, I don’t always agree with the citation of Carmel’s enrollment as a reason for it.  Though it is unfair, let’s not pretend we’re trying to stop some juggernaut in Hamilton County.  

Carmel is racking up conference and state titles but more so in the country club sports.  Football is actually balanced (from a conference standpoint) more than most other sports.

I know I am probably talking out of both sides of my mouth but football is a numbers driven sport more than any other.  There is a minimal advantage between the top four MIC schools in terms of that effect enrollment plays on the gridiron.

Relegation is a better solution in my opinion than is expansion. Get the bottom dwellers out of 6A and let the best 5A teams play in 6A.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

From 2008 to 2018 Cg a team that is your 17 to 32 numbers 2 state titles one runner up and several  more final 4s 

They also typically don’t face much if any “real” competition until regionals... let’s be real they aren’t going up against any heavyweights in their sectional... with all due respect to Columbus North, Franklin Central and Jeffersonville that isn’t a tough sectional at all...

Let me quit stating facts and being an hater,  congratulations to the Trojans on beating Warren and Ben Davis on their way to the title game..

• Disdain 2

22 minutes ago, SouthernStateofMind said:

They also typically don’t face much if any “real” competition until regionals... let’s be real they aren’t going up against any heavyweights in their sectional... with all due respect to Columbus North, Franklin Central and Jeffersonville that isn’t a tough sectional at all...

Let me quit stating facts and being an hater,  congratulations to the Trojans on beating Warren and Ben Davis on their way to the title game..

Maybe not exactly murderer’s row, but neither was Ben Davis’s sectional with 3 of the worst teams in 6A.  You play who’s in front of you.  Carmel has had the same easy run all the way to the state finals for years.

1 hour ago, SouthernStateofMind said:

Imagine beating Warren Central and Ben Davis only to hear somebody tell you how weak your opponents were prior to that.  LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Jeffersonville wasn't in CG's sectional.  Columbus East was.  While they were playing up, that is an excellent football program.  Couldn't I apply your logic with BD's sectional?  How about some sectionals up north?  You play who you are assigned.  CG doesn't need to apologize for facing any teams they faced in the playoffs.  With the exception of Columbus East, all schools CG faced had larger enrollments.

Yes I know they weren’t in their sectional this season but they’ve been in their sectional in the  past so let’s not act Like Center Grove goes through murderers row out there in the south...

For the most part Center Grove fans are wack as can be anyways some of the most annoying and obnoxious fans out there...

Beat Carmel and you guys will let us know how great the Trojans are...

• Disdain 2

46 minutes ago, Grover said:

Imagine beating Warren Central and Ben Davis only to hear somebody tell you how weak your opponents were prior to that.  LOL

Another lame Center, Grove fan we get it you’re a biased homer but let’s not act Center Grove is just some run-of-the-mill program we know they’re usually good...

• Kill me now 1

3 minutes ago, SouthernStateofMind said:

Yes I know they weren’t in their sectional this season but they’ve been in their sectional in the  past so let’s not act Like Center Grove goes through murderers row out there in the south...

For the most part Center Grove fans are wack as can be anyways some of the most annoying and obnoxious fans out there...

Beat Carmel and you guys will let us know how great the Trojans are...

Are you sure that you aren’t talking about Cathedral fans? I’ve never heard somebody say that CG fans are wack and obnoxious. These are some pretty big words coming from a Southport fan...

2 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Are you sure that you aren’t talking about Cathedral fans? I’ve never heard somebody say that CG fans are wack and obnoxious. These are some pretty big words coming from a Southport fan...

Oh so because I ride with Southport I’m not qualified to speak on the issue? 

I’m more than qualified to speak on it...unfortunately I’ve been to games were Southport was on the losing end playing CG, I gave props when deserved...

Said it once and I’ll say it again Center Grove is the exception and not the rule...

2 minutes ago, SouthernStateofMind said:

Oh so because I ride with Southport I’m not qualified to speak on the issue? 

I’m more than qualified to speak on it...unfortunately I’ve been to games were Southport was on the losing end playing CG, I gave props when deserved...

Said it once and I’ll say it again Center Grove is the exception and not the rule...

Never said that you couldn’t speak on the issue because you are a Southport fan 🙄. And what issue is there? CG fans being “wack” and “obnoxious“? 

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL.....I would define an annoying and obnoxious as a person being jealous of another's success....how sad it must be if you can't get your own candle to burn bright, to then try and blow out the candles of others......

If you want to tear down teams such as Columbus North, Franklin Central and others, you knock yourself out.  Again, CG plays who is scheduled in front of them.  Never ducked anyone.

I see you don't like your own medicine....played your card and questioned BD's sectional toughness....I know that pulled in your Cardinals.  Feathers ruffled.....

If you don't like to hear from Trojan fans, stay off the forum or block us individually....other than that, live with and stop whining.

I just knew you were going to respond back...

Loved your whole feathers ruffled comment, even though it was lame as can be...

BTW I bet you wear Air Monarchs on the weekend, cornball...

Good luck to the Trojans....

29 minutes ago, SouthernStateofMind said:

I just knew you were going to respond back...

Loved your whole feathers ruffled comment, even though it was lame as can be...

BTW I bet you wear Air Monarchs on the weekend, cornball...

Good luck to the Trojans....

At least CG doesn’t need to pay athletes outside of the country to come here to play sports 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

About 3 million students go to Carmel, yet they can only field 11 at a time.

Half as many attend Center Grove, but yet only 11 are permitted on the field at a time.

The same does for Adams Central, Batesville, Delta, Elwood, Floyd Central, Gary West, Homestead, Indianapolis (too many too mention😉), Jasper, Kokomo, Lawrence Central, Monroe Central, North Knox, Oregon-Davis (if they had a football team) Penn, Reitz, Southport, Terre Haute North (and South), Union County, Valparaiso, Warren Central, and Zionsville.

• Like 1

There's nothing that can be done to fix 6A.

It will and likely always remain a class where the same 4 schools are going to win every year no matter what you do.

I do think the thought of making class A the 32 team class and 5A a 64 team class makes a lot of sense.  If there are teams in Indiana who desperately need a bye before the playoffs start its the class A schools, who normally have fewer numbers and many players playing iron man football.  

• Thanks 1