Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC should give Lawrence schools the boot

Guest DT

On 11/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, DT said:

Let's face it

Lawrence schools will never reach a level of consistent competitiveness in The MIC

They are at a huge numbers disadvantage and with two township schools, that will never change

The Lawrence schools should apply for membership to the HCC.  It's a perfect fit in terms of size and geography, and the competitive profile is a solid match with the HCC schools

MIC should hold tight at 6 schools.   

Work out a scheduling agreement with Cathedral where all 6 schools will play the Irish annually, similar to Notre Dames agreement with the ACC.  This will leave MIC schools with 3 open dates to fill to play either instate or new out of state competitiion

Didn't LC have two state title game appearances in past 10 years?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Didn't LC have two state title game appearances in past 10 years?? 

Shouldnt we be looking ahead more than behind?

LCs attendance is in slow decline.  They are the smallest school in The MIC and the gap is widening.  

1 hour ago, DT said:

LCs attendance is in slow decline.  They are the smallest school in The MIC and the gap is widening.  

Sounds pretty dire.  But if the gap is widening and the students are revolting, why just the HCC?  Wouldn’t their interests, as they should be, be best served in a smaller conference such as the Circle City?

On 11/30/2019 at 12:17 AM, Staxawax said:

Being a janitor at Carmel doesn’t make you very reliable.

You don't think so? I've been a janitor at Carmel. I cleaned Dick Dullaghan's office and was privy to his halftime talks when he coached there. He treated the janitors with respect, unlike you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

DT for the life of me I just don’t understand your rationale and lack of common sense, let alone the way you unintentionally contradict yourself.

For nearly two years you’ve been crowing about Center Grove and Carmel leaving the decaying MIC to join the rapidly growing suburban conference HCC, to on the eve of yet another all-MIC 6A finals do a complete 180 and advocate two declining township schools leave their geographical roots to join some budding conference?

What gives?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You don't think so? I've been a janitor at Carmel. I cleaned Dick Dullaghan's office and was privy to his halftime talks when he coached there. He treated the janitors with respect, unlike you.

I was never a janitor at Carmel, but thank you for your hard work to help keep our schools in great shape.

I worked a camp with Coach Dullaghan one year and he is a wonderful person.  There are a number of people on this forum who could learn a lot from Dick.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I was never a janitor at Carmel, but thank you for your hard work to help keep our schools in great shape.

I worked a camp with Coach Dullaghan one year and he is a wonderful person.  There are a number of people on this forum who could learn a lot from Dick.

It was many, many years ago. I know the comment was just made originally in an attempt at an insult, but there's really never a reason to insult a janitor in any event.

7 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I worked a camp with Coach Dullaghan one year and he is a wonderful person.

I agree. And my perspective came from being his janitor. Same goes for all the other coaches and administrators at Carmel in 1973-74. It was a great job for a high school kid from a different school.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DT said:

I see your point here. Cathedral and Chatard would be perfect fits in the MIC. New Pal would be a great fit as well. None of those schools seem to be on the decline at all. 

Edited by Knightmare

On 11/29/2019 at 7:37 PM, HoosierFB_JG said:

Dude, it’s on the main part of Wikipedia.  I don’t need to make anything up.  I was an employee in a MIC school when the conference was formed and part of an oversight committee to determine if this was the right fit.

I literally interviewed Bob Britt who made some of the initial calls. BD and the other independents were having trouble filling football schedules. That started the MIC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I literally interviewed Bob Britt who made some of the initial calls. BD and the other independents were having trouble filling football schedules. That started the MIC.

Bet those EC Central games were fun.

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I remember BD & North Central both playing games against Illinois and Ohio teams in the mid-1990s because they couldn't fill their schedules, in the days when it was *very* uncommon to play out-of-state games. 

On 12/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, Footballking16 said:

DT for the life of me I just don’t understand your rationale and lack of common sense, let alone the way you unintentionally contradict yourself.

For nearly two years you’ve been crowing about Center Grove and Carmel leaving the decaying MIC to join the rapidly growing suburban conference HCC, to on the eve of yet another all-MIC 6A finals do a complete 180 and advocate two declining township schools leave their geographical roots to join some budding conference?

What gives?

Don't ask for facts and consistency from a radio talk show hot take machine. It's not about facts, consistency and logic, it's about taking some extreme, hot-take opinion and shouting it as loudly as you can. Consistency? Yesterday's bad hot take is yesterday's. 

5 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Don't ask for facts and consistency from a radio talk show hot take machine. It's not about facts, consistency and logic, it's about taking some extreme, hot-take opinion and shouting it as loudly as you can. Consistency? Yesterday's bad hot take is yesterday's. 

But it works.  Look at the thread views/number of pages. You all fall for it.  YOU are his ratings.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Temptation said:

But it works.  Look at the thread views/number of pages. You all fall for it.  YOU are his ratings.

Every day when I wake up, I check my Blackberry (yes, one of the last Blackberrys in service - LOL) and one of the first emails I get is from the MLB Network.  I signed up for the major league package last year and now I am inundated with email from MLB.com.

The email is filled with all kinds of crazy stuff.  Trade scenarios, free agency updates, future all star candidates, outlandish predictions, rumors and innuendo.

Its all about content.

I enjoy creating scenarios and stirring up conversation.  I also believe that everything I post is reasonable and doable, to varying degrees.  

I opined that Carmel and CG should consider a move to The HCC for financial-gate reasons.  I dont like the lack of reciprocity we see in the MIC relative to travel and school support.

The Lawrence schools are a totally different issue, but an issue nonetheless.  Does Lawrence Township want its two schools to be MIC football doormats forever?  That's a decision for them to make.  But its also a competitive decision that conference admins consider, as they did when they showed the Terre Haute schools the door.

Fact is, you want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall.

Stay engaged, enjoy.

Edited by DT

15 hours ago, DT said:

I opined that Carmel and CG should consider a move to The HCC for financial-gate reasons.  I dont like the lack of reciprocity we see in the MIC relative to travel and school support.

Carmel didn't travel to Ben Davis this year.

16 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel didn't travel to Ben Davis this year.

Our crowds on the road have slowly been dwindling, to the point where we rarely have student sections on the road any longer.  Most kids find other things to do, especially if they don’t have a license because their parents don’t want to drive them.

5 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Our crowds on the road have slowly been dwindling, to the point where we rarely have student sections on the road any longer.  Most kids find other things to do, especially if they don’t have a license because their parents don’t want to drive them.

#TheCarmelStruggle

3 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

especially if they don’t have a license because their parents don’t want to drive them.

Transportation has been a growing issue over the last few years. When I was 16, I couldn't wait to get out on the road. That's not the case anymore.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:06 PM, DT said:

The township just spent a lot of money updating both stadiums and modernizing logos and uniforms for central and North.   Why do that for a bottom dwelling team ?   

Because they had to for Lawrence Central Missouri State was not renewing any contracts with any High Schools for trademark agreements for their logo (the Bear logo). Lawrence North was doing the same with Kansas State Logo. So they decided to create new logo's for both schools. They over the next couple of years will be replacing the logos throughout the 2 schools with their new Logo's which they have trademarked.

4 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Because they had to for Lawrence Central Missouri State was not renewing any contracts with any High Schools for trademark agreements for their logo (the Bear logo). Lawrence North was doing the same with Kansas State Logo. So they decided to create new logo's for both schools. They over the next couple of years will be replacing the logos throughout the 2 schools with their new Logo's which they have trademarked.

Interesting.  Thanks for the explanation

Great time for a fresh start for the Larry schools

Would they be welcomed into the Circle City? 

Chatard

Guerin

Roncalli

Brebeuf

Southport

Larry C

Larry N

Indy Tech

I like it 

Edited by DT

52 minutes ago, DT said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the explanation

Great time for a fresh start for the Larry schools

Would they be welcomed into the Circle City? 

Chatard

Guerin

Roncalli

Brebeuf

Southport

Larry C

Larry N

Indy Tech

I like it 

They have a lot more in common with the MIC schools than those schools. They are competitive in every sport in the MIC usually finishing in the middle or top. Football wins haven't been great but many games are competitive in most games. No matter how many teams you have someone will be at the bottom. They are very competitive teams (including Pike) against most teams in 6A.