Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC should give Lawrence schools the boot

Guest DT

I believe the Lawrence schools have had a very healthy relationship with the Indy Catholics for years

Under this setup, Lawrence would go from doormat to top dog overnite

Is that not in any way appealing?

Basketball games are easy to schedule.  Plenty of opps to see MIC schools

Edited by DT

33 minutes ago, DT said:

I believe the Lawrence schools have had a very healthy relationship with the Indy Catholics for years

Plus gate revenue would increase, no?

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Plus gate revenue would increase, no?

It would for Center Grove

LC and LN don't travel to White River Township.  Costs the Trojans a lot of coin

They would be much better off hosting New Pal, Columbus East, Avon, Brownsburg , Martinsville, Bloomington South, Plainfield, Franklin, Whiteland, Greenwood, DC, Roncalli, Chatard, Penn, FW Snider, Homestead, Dwenger, Valpo, Laf Jeff, Ev Mem, Terre Haute North,     etc

10 hours ago, DT said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the explanation

Great time for a fresh start for the Larry schools

Would they be welcomed into the Circle City? 

Chatard

Guerin

Roncalli

Brebeuf

Southport

Larry C

Larry N

Indy Tech

I like it 

CCC from my understanding wants to remain private and small.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:11 PM, DT said:

Definitely not true. For the longest time LN and LC would not allow Chatard or Cathedral to use their football stadiums. Both schools recruit students (and thus athletes) heavily in Lawrence Township (Cathedral lies in the district boundaries and Chatard is very close) and the athletic staff of both schools don't appreciate their potential athletes getting poached from the LT middle schools.

I don't know if that relationship would prevent them from wanting to join a conference with them, but I do know the Lawrence Township schools are very happy and very much a part of the MIC. They have no interest in looking at any other conference.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:33 AM, JustRules said:

I do know the Lawrence Township schools are very happy and very much a part of the MIC. They have no interest in looking at any other conference.

This has no bearing on any discussion with DT. He's the spaghetti man of the GID...throw something against the wall and see if it sticks.

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Indy Star reporting via Twitter Coach John Rodenberg has resigned after 2 seasons at LC. 

4 coaches in 8 years. Tough to build continuity within a program with that much turnover. Good luck to Rodenberg in his new position though!!

4 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

4 coaches in 8 years. Tough to build continuity within a program with that much turnover. Good luck to Rodenberg in his new position though!!

I would not be at all surprised if the Lawrence Township High School athletic apparatus is reconsidering their long term attachment to the MIC

On paper, just a poor fit for both schools.  

If the HCC would accept FC, I have no doubt they would also accept LC and LN.   

The MIC might be better served to go forward with 6 schools, giving its members more scheduling flexibility in football.  With Cox retired, the 300 mile travel rule might be back in play.  

If the MIC were to prefer remaining at 8, Cathedral and Tech would be my top two candidates.   I would not consider any HCC schools for membership.  

12 minutes ago, DT said:

I would not be at all surprised if the Lawrence Township High School athletic apparatus is reconsidering their long term attachment to the MIC

The MIC might be better served to go forward with 6 schools, giving its members more scheduling flexibility in football.  With Cox retired, the 300 mile travel rule might be back in play.  

If the MIC were to prefer remaining at 8, Cathedral and Tech would be my top two candidates.   I would not consider any HCC schools for membership.  

LN and LC very much belong in the MIC. They are competitive in all sports including football. Their record is not indicative of their competitiveness. There is no interest at this time from their administration in switching conferences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Me thinks he was a bit arrogant about the difficulty of the rebuild and strength of Indiana football coming from his high perch in Ohio...

1 hour ago, JustRules said:

LN and LC very much belong in the MIC. They are competitive in all sports including football. Their record is not indicative of their competitiveness. There is no interest at this time from their administration in switching conferences.

I don't buy your argument.  In today's world schools are aligning more for reasons of competitive balance and size similarity than to have a shot a playing with the best in the state.  

LC and LN are in the 2300 range in enrollment and neither has any strong long term enrollment increase projected.  MT Vernon and Pendleton are converging from the east while hamilton county continues to poach student athletes from the north

Chatard, Brebeuf and Cathedral and now Guerin will continue to load their coffers with Lawrence township talent

The Larry's can't continue to fight this battle on all these fronts and expect to win, let alone survive

Rodenberg saw this immediately an got out as soon as he could

It's like the Germans trying to hold off the Russians and the allies with jV partners Mussolini and Hirohito at their side.  

Eventually that wall comes down

They should take the initiative and apply for membership to The HcC before CG and Carmel beat them to the punch

Just now, Gipper said:

This “idea” presents quite a problem for Ben Davis, North Central, Pike, and Warren Central, what is their endgame?  A four-team league is not a good idea...

North Central and Center Grove are still in The MIC.  Charter members.   This league would be fine and dandy standing at 6 schools.  

Avon and Brownsburg may feel they are worthy replacements but both are just where they belong.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

North Central and Center Grove are still in The MIC.  Charter members.   This league would be fine and dandy standing at 6 schools.  

Avon and Brownsburg may feel they are worthy replacements but both are just where they belong.  

Unbelievable bullhonky

Conferences, no matter if we’re talking about the Hoosier North, Hoosier Hills, or anywhere in between, will have their respective hierarchies: elite, middle of the road, and not so good.   With athletics being cyclical AS THEY ARE, LC and LN aren’t in the elite category at the moment, but what about other sports?   Football doesn’t always drive the bus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DT said:

I don't buy your argument.  In today's world schools are aligning more for reasons of competitive balance and size similarity than to have a shot a playing with the best in the state.  

LC and LN are in the 2300 range in enrollment and neither has any strong long term enrollment increase projected.  MT Vernon and Pendleton are converging from the east while hamilton county continues to poach student athletes from the north

Chatard, Brebeuf and Cathedral and now Guerin will continue to load their coffers with Lawrence township talent

The Larry's can't continue to fight this battle on all these fronts and expect to win, let alone survive

Rodenberg saw this immediately an got out as soon as he could

It's like the Germans trying to hold off the Russians and the allies with jV partners Mussolini and Hirohito at their side.  

Eventually that wall comes down

They should take the initiative and apply for membership to The HcC before CG and Carmel beat them to the punch

Hmm, they’re doing quite well in basketball this year, best 2 teams in the state in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Hmm, they’re doing quite well in basketball this year, best 2 teams in the state in my opinion.

Lawrence North's girls are also making their second consecutive state finals appearance this weekend in basketball...

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Lawrence North's girls are also making their second consecutive state finals appearance this weekend in basketball...

That plays well in The HCC

21 hours ago, DT said:

"If the horse is dead...get off the horse."

--Bob Knight