DumfriesYMCA

Who is in. Who is out

bama out for sure

my top 4 currently. 

LSU

Ohio St

Clemson 

Oklahoma 

I like Utah. But Oklahoma is gonna finish the year with 2 wins over top 25 opponents (if they win). 

bama lost thank freaking god. Now we don’t have to debate over them getting in to appease the SEC stans 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Who is in. Who is out

bama out for sure

my top 4 currently. 

LSU

Ohio St

Clemson 

Oklahoma 

I like Utah. But Oklahoma is gonna finish the year with 2 wins over top 25 opponents (if they win). 

bama lost thank freaking god. Now we don’t have to debate over them getting in to appease the SEC stans 

Ohio State

LSU

Clemson

Rest don’t matter.

If Georgia beats LSU they are 4. If not Oklahoma gets it with a win. It’s a 3 team race in my opinion.
8 teams would be cool to see some years, but I don’t think this is one of those years. I don’t need to see Utah/Oregon get mauled by 40. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Conference championship weekend is pretty meaningless.  

It depends on the year I suppose. If Wisconsin only lost to OSU by a few points the B1G championship would mean more. 

the big 12 just takes the top two teams for what is usually a rematch anyways. 

2 hours ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Ohio State

LSU

Clemson

Rest don’t matter.

If Georgia beats LSU they are 4. If not Oklahoma gets it with a win. It’s a 3 team race in my opinion.
8 teams would be cool to see some years, but I don’t think this is one of those years. I don’t need to see Utah/Oregon get mauled by 40. 

Oregon played auburn well

utah is also suppose to have a top 5 defense in the country. (That’s what broadcasters like to repeat) 

The chips have fallen perfectly for Oklahoma....very similar to how they have for ND in previous years. While most of the conference championships are meaningless, my guess is that Oklahoma is in a must win spot. They still have that loss to KState on their record; not just a loss, but they gave up a LOT of points. 

35 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I will go back on my previous assertions that Oklahoma does not get in. If the SEC game continues on the path it is; a blowout by LSU, along with Utah losing Friday night,  then Oklahoma is in. The chips fell the way they needed for OU. 

I would say you are spot on, Irish.

3 hours ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Committee got the 4 teams, and the seeding right. 8 teams would be WAY WAY too many, this year especially. Should be 3 really good games to settle the title.
Don’t sleep on Clemson! 

Trevor Lawrence is playing really well in the second half of this season.  

they are actually 2 1/2 favorites over OSU right now 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Trevor Lawrence is playing really well in the second half of this season.  
they are actually 2 1/2 favorites over OSU right now 

That’s the Vegas line, which is a reflection of the money being bet on the game, not the relative strength of the teams. Sagarin has the Bucks as a 5 pt. favorite on a neutral field.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Well we are seeing why there isn’t an 8 team playoff lol 

For those who think there is no need for an 8 team playoff, look no further than 2019. For those in favor, look at years 2014-2018.

Ohio State got screwed. Yeah, it's mostly on them for not putting enough points on the board. But there were some questionable calls, especially the overturn on the scoop and score. And a few other self inflicted wounds including a running into the kicker that led to 7 and a targeting that led to 7. Clemson can start writing thank you notes to Ohio State, because that game was gifted to them. Clearly the best team on the field last night. Unfortunate the two best teams won't be playing for the championship.

Clemson winning by that large margin doesn't mean Oklahoma didn't belong. Momentum is a crazy thing. I've seen two teams very closely matched turn into a route because a team got on a roll and everything starts to go their way. I worked a game once where a team was down 7 and inside the 5 about to score with under 2 minutes left in the first half. A turnover turned into a defensive touchdown followed by a quick 3-and-out and another long TD on a fluke play making it a 21-point game at halftime. The leading team gets the ball first in the second half and scores giving them a 28-point lead. In about 5 minutes of clock time a game that was about to be tied turned into a 28-point difference. They went on to win by 42, but the teams were much more closely matched than that.

On the field you can tell the different between two teams that are truly 42-points apart and a 42-point game due to major momentum.

29 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Clemson winning by that large margin doesn't mean Oklahoma didn't belong. Momentum is a crazy thing. I've seen two teams very closely matched turn into a route because a team got on a roll and everything starts to go their way. I worked a game once where a team was down 7 and inside the 5 about to score with under 2 minutes left in the first half. A turnover turned into a defensive touchdown followed by a quick 3-and-out and another long TD on a fluke play making it a 21-point game at halftime. The leading team gets the ball first in the second half and scores giving them a 28-point lead. In about 5 minutes of clock time a game that was about to be tied turned into a 28-point difference. They went on to win by 42, but the teams were much more closely matched than that.

On the field you can tell the different between two teams that are truly 42-points apart and a 42-point game due to major momentum.

Come on now.  Even an untrained eye could tell the other night that those two teams were like a hammer and a nail.  Oklahoma did not belong anywhere near that field with LSU.

Had the Sooners littered the box score with self inflicted mistakes like tons of penalties and turnovers, I might tend to agree but that was not the case.

Suit those two teams up ten times and LSU wins all ten.

17 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Come on now.  Even an untrained eye could tell the other night that those two teams were like a hammer and a nail.  Oklahoma did not belong anywhere near that field with LSU.

Had the Sooners littered the box score with self inflicted mistakes like tons of penalties and turnovers, I might tend to agree but that was not the case.

Totally agree. LSU's backups were more physical than Oklahoma in the 2nd half. Outside of Lamb, there wasn't a player on OU's offense that could play with LSU's defense even with them playing primarily man to man coverage. Edwards-Helaire wasn't full strength for LSU, their coaching staff (Primarily Co-OC) was dealing with a tragedy, and the game was still over 5 minutes in. 

I would have much rather seen the dreaded Crimson Tide, or Georgia, or anybody else play LSU again rather than the Big 12.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Probably right. I didn't get to see the first half but know it went from 14-7 to 49-7 very quickly. That can happen via momentum or domination. Look at the CG-BD game earlier in the season vs. the playoff game. Very different results. I'm told the first game was actually much closer than the score because of a few breaks for CG early in the 3rd quarter. LSU and OU could play again and have a very different outcome.

51 minutes ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Totally agree. LSU's backups were more physical than Oklahoma in the 2nd half. Outside of Lamb, there wasn't a player on OU's offense that could play with LSU's defense even with them playing primarily man to man coverage. Edwards-Helaire wasn't full strength for LSU, their coaching staff (Primarily Co-OC) was dealing with a tragedy, and the game was still over 5 minutes in. 

I would have much rather seen the dreaded Crimson Tide, or Georgia, or anybody else play LSU again rather than the Big 12.

While hindsight is 20/20 I disagree with your last statement.  Bama and Georgia had their shot.  Oklahoma earned the right to be in the game...they just got walloped.

That would set a dangerous precedent.

2 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Probably right. I didn't get to see the first half but know it went from 14-7 to 49-7 very quickly. That can happen via momentum or domination. Look at the CG-BD game earlier in the season vs. the playoff game. Very different results. I'm told the first game was actually much closer than the score because of a few breaks for CG early in the 3rd quarter. LSU and OU could play again and have a very different outcome.

Oklahoma only had one turnover and it was on a great interception by an LSU DB on a gimmick play.

Their offense just couldn’t stay on the field and blown coverages and short drives throttled them in that second quarter ambush.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

While hindsight is 20/20 I disagree with your last statement.  Bama and Georgia had their shot.  Oklahoma earned the right to be in the game...they just got walloped.

That would set a dangerous precedent.

Oh I agree with you, definitely not saying the committee should have put anyone other than Oklahoma in with the way their system works. But, I also don't think Oklahoma is the 4th best team in the country. Not that it really matters, it's been a 3 team race all year and LSU likely boat races whoever they play outside of OSU/Clemson.