Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let’s revisit CFB playoffs

DumfriesYMCA

To get back on track here...when was the last time a title game had this much hype from the QB position on both sides? Most likely top picks in each of the next 2 drafts going up against each other, both look to have star potential at the next level.

Tebow vs Bradford in 08 comes to mind, but not sure it was this level. Leinart vs V young in 06 has to be the closest, but not sure Vince Young was on either of these guys' level as a pro prospect. Going to be fun

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

Although Dabo turns my stomach, I’m going to be rooting for Clemson in the championship game. If they win the title again, it’ll make it all that much sweeter when the Irish take care of them next November in South Bend. 

Why the Dabo hate.  He is a very likeable guy.  

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

He’s the new Joe Paterno. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou.

I have heard a lot of reasons for not liking him, and even have a couple of my own, but I have never heard this accusation.

10 hours ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Oh I agree with you, definitely not saying the committee should have put anyone other than Oklahoma in with the way their system works. But, I also don't think Oklahoma is the 4th best team in the country. Not that it really matters, it's been a 3 team race all year and LSU likely boat races whoever they play outside of OSU/Clemson.

Oklahoma's not even the 10th best team in the country.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I have heard a lot of reasons for not liking him, and even have a couple of my own, but I have never heard this accusation.

Lol, neither have I. What are some of the legitimate reasons? I did find it kind of comical that he brought up the missed field goal and a potential pick 6 when interviewed at halftime...................why even bring that up? He knew the Tigers were getting their a--es handed to them. 

6 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Dabo’s a great coach.  A promising guy who will go down in history with coaches like Bryant, Holtz, and Schembechler.   Even Saban.

Interesting list.

12 hours ago, Bobref said:

Apparently, you are not sufficiently insightful. 😅😂🤣

Dabo is a deeply Christian man and his strong faith should not be misconstrued as self righteousness

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

who would you have had?

I’m not sure what you were trying to do but if that’s a list of all time greats I think Hayes, Paterno, Bowden, Osborne and Meyer belong well ahead of Holtz and Schembechler.

And that’s just from the modern era.

Just my opinion though.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Dabo is a deeply Christian man and his strong faith should not be misconstrued as self righteousness

Easy to confuse the two I guess...considering New Spring Church is rumored to be a huge recruiting tool for the Tigers...

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Easy to confuse the two I guess...considering New Spring Church is rumored to be a huge recruiting tool for the Tigers...

More power to em

They take their faith seriously down there

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

SEC--So, Everybody Cheats.  The ACC doesn't have a cool acronym like that, they just wait for basketball season...

I prefer SEND EVERYONE CASH, but that’s just me.

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I beg you ... don’t go there. It’ll be OSU vs. Clemson all over again.

Oregon played well on both sides of the ball the whole game, well enough as in a top four team in the country well enough. Wisconsin fumbles with a chance to put the game away. Certainly there were several plays that could have impacted the outcome. 
 I know there are also missed calls. And this one will be the focus of all the talk. It is obvious though, there is now a concerted effort on the part of networks to find ways to support calls made on the field. Just funny that a guy gets hit hard enough to be knocked off balance, but yet is in position to extend his arms to the point it becomes OPI. 🤔🙂

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Even with a HUGE lucky break late, I think Oregon showed they were MUCH more worthy of being a playoff team than Oklahoma. 

Yet, Wisconsin gifted them the game...

21 points off four turnovers.

28 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I guess...the internet does makes it much easier to not know a person but still feel we have the authority to judge others.  I very much include myself in that comment.....I got to get better in that department!!

I hope Dabo is a true man of faith....it seems to me he is legit.  That doesn't mean perfect...no man is....

Getting back to the game....I like Coach O as well.  To seem him come out of the disappointment in losing the USC job, go back to his home state and do well.....I think that is awesome.   To also see the love from Joe Burrow directed to his head coach during his Heisman acceptance speech....speaks volumes.  

I'd like to see LSU get this one.....but won't be disappointed regardless.  One thing will be for sure....."Tigers Win!.....Tigers Win!"

Totally agree...how often do we see special teams scoop and score because a punter drops a football??  Wisconsin mistakes were killers.

Oregon possessed the ball for just over 20 minutes...and won!

19 hours ago, Temptation said:

Yet, Wisconsin gifted them the game...

21 points off four turnovers.

I agree. The same way Ohio State gifted the game to Clemson. Not bringing this up because you don't like Ohio State. I'm just pointing out the fact that the better team doesn't always win. Oregon and Clemson were both delivered huge gifts from the Big Ten.