Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Finals Attendance, Streaming Views, and comments from The Commissioner

Guest DT

Paid attendance was up at every level of this year’s football tournament from a year ago and 5% overall. Good matchups and good weather are always key to the football tournament attendance.

Paid attendance was up at every level of this year’s football tournament from a year ago and 5% overall. Good matchups and good weather are always key to the football tournament attendance.

https://ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2019-20/011620.pdf?ver=2020-01-20-155604-767

On 12/3/2019 at 7:57 AM, Temptation said:

Don’t be that guy...

On 12/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, PhilLee said:

And which administrators are on the committees that decide

On 12/3/2019 at 7:57 AM, Temptation said:

Don’t be that guy...

This is exceptionally and especially true.  Why is it even being brought up to not be the guy?  Some administrators are the worst...some are the best... for sports.

Quote from the report:  Good matchups and good weather are always key to the football tournament attendance.  

Please seed the sectionals.  Use good, neutral stadiums such as Ohio.  

https://ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2019-20/011620.pdf?ver=2020-01-20-155604-767

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Robert said:

This is exceptionally and especially true.  Why is it even being brought up to not be the guy?  Some administrators are the worst...some are the best... for sports.

He’s insinuating that tournament boundary lines and drawn based on which administrators support which programs.

Yes, don’t be THAT guy...

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

He’s insinuating that tournament boundary lines and drawn based on which administrators support which programs.

Yes, don’t be THAT guy...

I've worked in schools long enough to find that 100% believable.   Among the most laughable were the Jimtown/Bremen separations when Bremen had an influence in the IHSAA.  

25 minutes ago, Robert said:

I've worked in schools long enough to find that 100% believable.   Among the most laughable were the Jimtown/Bremen separations when Bremen had an influence in the IHSAA.  

That was always the rumor back when the Bremen AD, Frank DeSantis, was also on the IHSAA Executive Board. I have my doubts.

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That was always the rumor back when the Bremen AD, Frank DeSantis, was also on the IHSAA Executive Board. I have my doubts.

Well, don't you spend earn a living finding loopholes and differing interpretations?  Is that cynical?  Look back at the manipulation.  I've also heard fun stories about coaches stealing things and publishing things.  The internet makes it harder to cheat now.  You can learn a lot if you just sit back and listen to ADs and administrators.  You can also see how hirings work and networking.  The good ol' boy network is alive and well in Hoosierland.  

On 12/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Love going to the state finals, but if I can not make it like this year, I viewed quality content on ihsaatv.org

Hopefully you get the best seat in the house one of these days. Keep blowing that whistle.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Well, don't you spend earn a living finding loopholes and differing interpretations?  Is that cynical?  Look back at the manipulation.  I've also heard fun stories about coaches stealing things and publishing things.  The internet makes it harder to cheat now.  You can learn a lot if you just sit back and listen to ADs and administrators.  You can also see how hirings work and networking.  The good ol' boy network is alive and well in Hoosierland.  

Exception, not the rule...

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

I think that it is more than an exception.  It is still largely a networking thing rather than done by data.  

Gonna have to provide more specific data than the hotbeds of "Bremen" and "Jimtown" for me to buy in...

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

Bremen has always been bounced around geographically. Sometimes we are in the Northeast, Northwest, North Central.  Back in the days that was the case and the same can be said 25 years later. We have hard sectional opponents from Eastside to Whiting and as far south as Oak Hill.

40 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Gonna have to provide more specific data than the hotbeds of "Bremen" and "Jimtown" for me to buy in...

Hmmm.  DeSantis had his way for years.  Others will chime in, or won't.  The PPP's were thrown together for years in the  Indy area.  Jimtown was pushed down towards Fort Wayne.  There are others in other areas.  People lobby and boundaries are moved.  People are crooked.  

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Hmmm.  DeSantis had his way for years.  Others will chime in, or won't.  The PPP's were thrown together for years in the  Indy area.  Jimtown was pushed down towards Fort Wayne.  There are others in other areas.  People lobby and boundaries are moved.  People are crooked.  

And some from West Lafayette get tossed in with them ... see "The Sectional of Death," Sectional 28.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert said:

You can say a lot of things about Frank DeSantis, crooked is not one of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

You live a sad life my man...

7 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

You can say a lot of things about Frank DeSantis, crooked is not one of them.

That's not my best choice of words.  I've worked with and for a lot of great administrators.  They get their own way, generally, and most of the time.  As my daughters say, periodt.  

6 hours ago, Temptation said:

You live a sad life my man...

No, not really.  Just a poor choice of words on my part.  I've taught with great people in great schools in three different countries and cultures, but as mentioned above, everyone looks out for themselves.  Hoosiers are no different.  I've sat through school closings and coaches being moved and got to see some real slimy things in both from top admins.  You can have your rosy glasses.  I'll keep mine realistic. 

Edited by Robert

1 minute ago, Robert said:

That's not my best choice of words.  I've worked with and for a lot of great administrators.  They get their own way, generally, and most of the time.  As my daughters say, periodt.  

No, not really.  Just a poor choice of words on my part.  I've taught with great people in great schools, but as mentioned above, everyone looks out for themselves.  

Doubling down on a blanket statement of “people are crooked” with another “everyone looks out for themselves.”

Bold move.

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Doubling down on a blanket statement of “people are crooked” with another “everyone looks out for themselves.”

Bold move.

Okay, it has been my experience in the schools and businesses that I've taught and worked in that no matter who is at the top, they are generally looking to make the best decisions based on their own interests.  Any questions?  Happy to answer the best I can.  I may not match wits with you, apparently.  

Edited by Robert