Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

News out if Fishers

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Rick Wimmer was among the best in-game high school football coaches I ever saw. I wonder if I’m the only official who worked games he coached in at all four schools: Zionsville, Merrillville, Greenwood, and Fishers.

Rick always seemed to be a great guy, and the Fishers program is certainly in a really good spot. What years was he at Zionsville? Was he directly before Larry Mac? 

Coach Wimmer has been dogged by internal personnel issues at Fishers for several years.  Did that contribute to his resignation?

He is the most intense coach I have ever been around.  I covered a Greenwood practice during the AJ Edds era and Wimmer was fiery.

36 minutes ago, QB said:

Rick always seemed to be a great guy, and the Fishers program is certainly in a really good spot. What years was he at Zionsville? Was he directly before Larry Mac? 

I know he won a state championship at Zionsville in 1987. That was my first state final.

54 minutes ago, DT said:

Coach Wimmer has been dogged by internal personnel issues at Fishers for several years.  Did that contribute to his resignation?

He is the most intense coach I have ever been around.  I covered a Greenwood practice during the AJ Edds era and Wimmer was fiery.

Wish AJ had stayed in Columbus and teamed up with Stevie Brown and that bunch. His brother Nick was an outstanding athlete. I also understand that his dad was the superintendent in Greenwood, but his mom still worked at East as a counselor.  

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

Wish AJ had stayed in Columbus and teamed up with Stevie Brown and that bunch. His brother Nick was an outstanding athlete. I also understand that his dad was the superintendent in Greenwood, but his mom still worked at East as a counselor.  

Was not aware of that.  Did Edds transfer from East to GW?

2 hours ago, DT said:

Was not aware of that.  Did Edds transfer from East to GW?

He went from Central Middle School to Greenwood as a freshman.  Greenwood was a much better football program, at that time.. that changed real quick. East beat Greenwood his Junior and Senior year.. I can totally understand what his dad was trying to do.. We played baseball together and he was always super competitive.