Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Privates, Rich Publics Dominating Indiana High School Football

Guest DT

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

darn I did not  know  I was rich I am glad some one told me  

I want to once again reiterate:  the AVERAGE free and reduced lunch rate statewide in Indiana is 48 PERCENT.

Assuming your bio is correct, you live in an affluent area in which the F/R/L rate is less than HALF of the state average.

Lemme know if you want to job shadow me one day.

2 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

DT would have to get out of his recliner, brush off all of the Cheeto's/Dorito's from his shirt, get in the passenger seat of his car so the wife can drive him to Boone County to check out the socio-economics of Western Boone county to be able to make his assessment of the affluence of the area..., and that ain't happening! 🤔

I was guessing  

Closest I have ever been to Webo is the 65 exit at Whitestown and Brownsburg  (visitors must think very highly of us when they see those two towns together on a road exit - LOL)

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

There is lots of wealth in the farm fields and livestock barns of Western Boone county.  Plus a good percentage of federal "bailout" money flowing to area farmers, including the 46071 area codehttps://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?search_input_text=46071

That's a zip code, genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sit and spin 1

15 hours ago, DT said:

I was guessing  

Closest I have ever been to Webo is the 65 exit at Whitestown and Brownsburg  (visitors must think very highly of us when they see those two towns together on a road exit - LOL)

Not really the scientific method, but I digress.  A good friend of mine went there, it's a very good area.  Not very affluent, just a lot of great farmland and people.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DT said:

I was guessing  

... which is in the Zionsville school district (it's actually several miles north of Brownsburg and several miles east of the WeBo district line). 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Muda69 said:

There is lots of wealth in the farm fields and livestock barns of Western Boone county.  Plus a good percentage of federal "bailout" money flowing to area farmers, including the 46071 area code: https://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?search_input_text=46071

Hate to agree, but was going to post something similar.

Today's farmers aren't your daddy's daddy's farmers.

Take a look at the properties  the "old farm houses", the farming equipment, the acreage... There are plenty of rich farmers.

A short drive through the country or heck even a quick Zillow search will show that farmers are cashing in on their acreage in Boone county to developers.

Thorntown not too far of a commute to Indy/Lafayette either for those who didn't choose the farmer life.

Didn't Webo just get artificial turf??

Sounds affluent to me! 🤣

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, Temptation said:

I want to once again reiterate:  the AVERAGE free and reduced lunch rate statewide in Indiana is 48 PERCENT.

Assuming your bio is correct, you live in an affluent area in which the F/R/L rate is less than HALF of the state average.

Lemme know if you want to job shadow me one day.

do you think family support plays a bigger role then money

I do understand that people need help and I am more and then  happen to help people, but their is a lot of good paying jobs out their.  I am sure some of the families  that are on the F/R.L List are families that the parents or parent  good get this jobs they just have to work out in the labor field and not offices job 

11 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I do understand that people need help and I am more and then  happen to help people, but their is a lot of good paying jobs out their.  I am sure some of the families  that are on the F/R.L List are families that the parents or parent  good get this jobs they just have to work out in the labor field and not offices job 

You have a legitimate point of view. You might want to consider having your posts proofread before you post. The misspellings, bad grammar, lack of agreement, and punctuation errors distract readers from the message.

• Sad 1

I

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You have a legitimate point of view. You might want to consider having your posts proofread before you post. The misspellings, bad grammar, lack of agreement, and punctuation errors distract readers from the message.

I try and reread all the time but with my dyslexia I miss stuff all the time and I tend to write like I talk,  I drove my wife crazy trying to read my letters back in the day on my deployments before ever one had computers with them. But thank you

Edited by Trojanmp52
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I think they are hand in hand and family involvement is usually most prominent in low SES school districts.  

All folks do not qualify for f/r/l for the same REASON but they do have to meet the same financial parameters obviously.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

Is the argument against private schools based on the caliber of students enrolled, or is it financially based?

Primarily #1.  Many p/p fanatics like to play the martyr and proclaim how much they have financially 'sacrificed' to send their child(ren) to p/p school, all the while also being forced by the state to pay for traditional government schools.

That said, the caliber of a student at a p/p is generally higher.  It's the old "I'm paying a lot of money for you to attend this school,  so you better excel and also do X, Y, & Z!!!!!"  While to many parents government schools are really nothing more that a "free" babysitting service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Primarily #1.  Many p/p fanatics like to play the martyr and proclaim how much they have financially 'sacrificed' to send their child(ren) to p/p school, all the while also being forced by the state to pay for traditional government schools.

That said, the caliber of a student at a p/p is generally higher.  It's the old "I'm paying a lot of money for you to attend this school,  so you better excel and also do X, Y, & Z!!!!!"  While to many parents government schools are really nothing more that a "free" babysitting service.

We are starting to agree way too much.

17 hours ago, Bobref said:

As a teacher, I understand that not everyone exceeds in literacy.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

1/2 a like.

And yet another regurgitated topic comes back to life!  Next year right after the tournament, it will show up again: publics versus privates.  It's like it gets reincarnated about every 12 months.  "This group has it better than that group and this group is broke and this group has all the money".  Yada, yada, yada.  Blah blah, blah.  Nothing ever changes around here.  One group gets in one corner and the other group gets in a different corner and start slinging crap at one another.  Then it's like a ping pong match, and the only difference?  There is NO winner!  I recall many years ago, the Yankees paid out MILLIONS to put a lot of superstars on their baseball team.  What happened?  They didn't even make the playoffs!  So it isn't always about the money, Uncle Charlie.  I don't care whether you agree with me or not but you KNOW I speak the truth.  Truth = Nothing ever changes.  Same old arguments, same results - nothing gets accomplished.

Edited by itiswhatitis

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

But the "Success factor" got accomplished, didn't it?

It's interesting that they haven't seen that the coach version is a better version.  

I also wanted to chime in that some of the best athletes at Luers were not rich at all and some of the best athletes at Luers were very rich!  🙂

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Compromise, friend.  You need to learn about politics................

Cox seems to be learning to compromise.  He should see by now that 2 years isn't long enough or maybe the points are screwy.   

Edited by Robert