Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Opponents on Your Schedule

1 minute ago, Indian72 said:

So, anyone know of schedule changes to your school's 2020 football schedule?

Probably not for LCC unless Tri-West was only a two-game series, which it may have been.  Seven games are consumed by the conference and one is a rivalry game with the only other Catholic high school in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, Guerin, so that only leaves LCC its opener and that has been Tri-West for the past two years.

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East will play the new MEGA Elkhart school Week 3... 

Great matchup!  I'd rather see things like this than teams going out of state.  In a way, a format like ESPN's bracket buster could be fun: pair up schools nowhere close to each other.  Lafayette Jeff-Bloomington South, New Pal-Homestead, Lowell-Chatard, even a Contraction Classic of South Newton-Elwood.  And if anyone has the temerity to a suggest neutral site, my hand will penetrate the screen a slap said suggester silly...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Probably not for LCC unless Tri-West was only a two-game series, which it may have been.  Seven games are consumed by the conference and one is a rivalry game with the only other Catholic high school in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, Guerin, so that only leaves LCC its opener and that has been Tri-West for the past two years.

Tri-West does have LCC on the 2020 schedule.  I assume another two year deal.  This seems to be a good game for both schools.  

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Great matchup!  I'd rather see things like this than teams going out of state.  In a way, a format like ESPN's bracket buster could be fun: pair up schools nowhere close to each other.  Lafayette Jeff-Bloomington South, New Pal-Homestead, Lowell-Chatard, even a Contraction Classic of South Newton-Elwood.  And if anyone has the temerity to a suggest neutral site, my hand will penetrate the screen a slap said suggester silly...

Loved the BracketBuster's back in the day. Those games were amazing. This is a really cool idea though honestly. Get out of your region and play some interesting games. Any suggested match-ups we'd wanna see? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Loved the BracketBuster's back in the day. Those games were amazing. This is a really cool idea though honestly. Get out of your region and play some interesting games. Any suggested match-ups we'd wanna see? 

It was all in fun, and a little silly (admittedly), but could have legs...

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Based on the article I just read on Colby (Austin) returning to Kokomo, looks like Western and Kokomo will be playing week 1, that is a tremendous week 1 game for both neighboring schools!! 

As of right now it's the next two years both games being played at Kokomo. 

23 minutes ago, superjay said:

Tri-West does have LCC on the 2020 schedule.  I assume another two year deal.  This seems to be a good game for both schools.  

I like the match-up ... especially being right out the gate before there's any hype.  Gives both teams a chance to test a couple of things and to get a really good gauge on where the summer may have taken them.  Any idea whether it is scheduled to be at Tri-West again?  The last two have been there, so wasn't sure if that was part of the general agreement or just a need for the timing.  If I recall correctly, both teams needed to move quickly when Lafayette Jeff and West Lafayette decided to play each other and thus end their deals with LCC and Tri-West.

Entire SIAC will be shaken up... Everyone will play jasper and VL since they joined the SIAC. 9 conferences games is going be a grind! Entire schedule is going be different besides rivalry week will still be MD vs reitz ... castle vs Memorial , central vs north in the last week. 

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Based on the article I just read on Colby (Austin) returning to Kokomo, looks like Western and Kokomo will be playing week 1, that is a tremendous week 1 game for both neighboring schools!! 

https://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/football-austin-colby-is-kats-new-coach/article_0cb8671a-1563-11ea-a1ba-cff440d20681.html

FTA:

Austin Colby’s return means the Kats will return to the double-wing offense that his father hammered opponents with during his time at Frankfort and Kokomo and as Austin Colby’s offensive coordinator at Maconaquah. Benberry ran a spread offense.

“Obviously, we’re kind of unique in what we do offensively,” the new Kat coach said.

Austin Colby said his father “absolutely” will be a part of his Kokomo staff.

*sigh* Huge loss for my alma mater.  They will forever be mired in football mediocrity.  

Good luck on the wing-t in a phone booth.