Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Opponents on Your Schedule

Gibson southern

IN- Washington 3A, Boonville 4A, Mt Vernon 3A, Columbus North 6A, and Owensboro KY 5A

OUT- Tell City 1A, Forest Park 2A, South Spencer 2A, Pike Central 3A, North Posey 2A

KEPT- Heritage Hills 3A, Southridge 3A, Princeton 3A, Southport 6A 

off the top of my head, I believe Average enrollment per opponent will go from about 630 to 1100.

I think this is only the 3rd thread today where I shared this 😂

11 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Gibson southern

IN- Washington 3A, Boonville 4A, Mt Vernon 3A, Columbus North 6A, and Owensboro KY 5A

OUT- Tell City 1A, Forest Park 2A, South Spencer 2A, Pike Central 3A, North Posey 2A

off the top of my head, I believe Average enrollment per opponent will go from about 630 to 1100.

Looks like quite an upgrade. 

On 12/3/2019 at 9:15 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Not my school, but I saw Carmel is looking or a week 2 opponent.  

Their AD posted it a few days back.

Cathedral it is!

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Gibson southern

Tell City is 2A...regardless I wonder is WW will try and add them assuming they have week 8 open. We already play PC. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Tell City is 2A...regardless I wonder is WW will try and add them assuming they have week 8 open. We already play PC. 

All PAC schools have their schedules finalized for 2020...and I imagine mostly for 2021 too...but maybe something can happen  tell city would need to drop Perry central/Tecumseh/spring valley to make it happen 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/12/03/pac-football-schedules-have-bit-different-look-2020/2596416001/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NEIFootballGuy said:

Garrett will be replacing Prairie Heights with New Haven week one starting next season.

Did Garrett make this move due to possible Contraction of the Prairie Heights program?

27 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

All PAC schools have their schedules finalized for 2020...and I imagine mostly for 2021 too...but maybe something can happen  tell city would need to drop Perry central/Tecumseh/spring valley to make it happen 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/12/03/pac-football-schedules-have-bit-different-look-2020/2596416001/

Ah. Thanks man. We've been struggling with week 8 for years. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, FormerFalcon said:

Looks like it. Then I believe DC plays Whiteland the next week to open conference play. That’s quite an early season gauntlet for the Hawks

Especially when Decatur Central could be about ready for a serious downturn from where they've been in recent years. 

2 hours ago, DT said:

Did Garrett make this move due to possible Contraction of the Prairie Heights program?

Prairie Heights isn’t ~contracting~ their football team, unless you have found some insider source that i have looked for for the last ten minutes after reading your comment. Please share what you know with your contraction omniscience about Prairie Heights contracting. And if you don’t know and are just guessing because they don’t win very often please drop the stupid contraction comments because they are sooo dumb and honestly tiring.

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Holy crap.....the article has West Washington playing at Washington. Guess I should read more often!! Didnt have greatest of seasons lately but a 3A school can't hurt to play for 1A. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saintsguyseh said:

Prairie Heights isn’t ~contracting~ their football team, unless you have found some insider source that i have looked for for the last ten minutes after reading your comment. Please share what you know with your contraction omniscience about Prairie Heights contracting. And if you don’t know and are just guessing because they don’t win very often please drop the stupid contraction comments because they are sooo dumb and honestly tiring.

They have had some severe numbers problems and were in danger of cancelling some games at one point.  This creates problems for opposing schools when it comes to scheduling.  Not surprised to see them dropped by Garrett.

Edited by DT

3 hours ago, DT said:

They have had some severe numbers problems and were in danger of cancelling some games at one point.  This creates problems for opposing schools when it comes to scheduling.  Not surprised to see them dropped by Garrett.

That's a shame, always wanted to see prairie succeed. Don't believe they have ever had a winning season.

12 hours ago, DT said:

No - Prairie Heights' coaching staff has done a great job providing the program with stability, a rise in numbers, and steady improvement. @BLKnights7 they've been 5-5 a couple times in the last 15 or so years. In parts of the 70's and 80's they were very good. They will continue to improve, in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, saintsguyseh said:

i was unaware of that, I’m pretty sure they played their full schedule though didn’t they?

Yes

RAIRIE HEIGHTS

2019 SEASON (2-9)
Coach: Patrick McCrea
Aug. 23   Garrett L 0 35    
Aug. 30 at Bronson (Mich.) W 35 0    
Sep. 6   Lakeland L 6 20    
Sep. 13 at Central Noble L 9 21    
Sep. 20   Churubusco L 19 44    
Sep. 28   Eastside L 7 42    
Oct. 4 at Angola L 7 39    
Oct. 11   Fremont L 6 20    
Oct. 18 at West Noble L 7 42    
Oct. 25   Whitko W 44 23   sect
Nov. 1 at Fairfield L 0 35   sect

On 12/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, Tiger391 said:

Entire SIAC will be shaken up... Everyone will play jasper and VL since they joined the SIAC. 9 conferences games is going be a grind! Entire schedule is going be different besides rivalry week will still be MD vs reitz ... castle vs Memorial , central vs north in the last week. 

• Thanks 1

I'm hearing scuttlebutt about Warsaw replacing the 2020 week one opponent, Huntington North, with an opponent whose toughness will help bolster the program long term. What's brewing out there? Has anyone heard the same?

I'm very excited about the Mishawaka Cavemen coming to the NLC. They will be a particular boost to the quality of football, wrestling, baseball and cross country (to name a few).