Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Opponents on Your Schedule

5 hours ago, HSFBFan64 said:

I'm hearing scuttlebutt about Warsaw replacing the 2020 week one opponent, Huntington North, with an opponent whose toughness will help bolster the program long term. What's brewing out there? Has anyone heard the same?

I'm very excited about the Mishawaka Cavemen coming to the NLC. They will be a particular boost to the quality of football, wrestling, baseball and cross country (to name a few).

Maybe Huntington North will take this as a clear signal that its time they get their program up to par.  They compete at a level well below their pay grade.

15 hours ago, NEIFootballGuy said:

No - Prairie Heights' coaching staff has done a great job providing the program with stability, a rise in numbers, and steady improvement. @BLKnights7 they've been 5-5 a couple times in the last 15 or so years. In parts of the 70's and 80's they were very good. They will continue to improve, in my opinion.

Good to hear. By the way the hoops team looks like it's gonna have another great season!

57 minutes ago, Coach Jennings said:

Whiting has Mishawaka Marian Week 2 next year.  Then starting in 2021 we will have Highland Week 2.  

Interesting.  Highland drops 6A Crown Point and picks up 2A Whiting.

Not a good sign for the Trojan program.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, DT said:

Maybe Huntington North will take this as a clear signal that its time they get their program up to par.  They compete at a level well below their pay grade.

Agree. They have a program that can succeed given the right coach comes along. 

22 hours ago, Knoxcounty83 said:

North Knox will pick up Pike Central to replace Vincennes in week 6.

we are also losing washington week 9...but, have not scheduled anyone...if there is an opening week 9 please contact the NK athletic director please...pm me and I can get you his info. 

7 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

2020 Cathedral Irish Schedule

@ Westfield

@ Carmel

Penn (home and away hasn't been decided yet)

@ Chatard

Saint X (Arlington MS)

Week 6 Opponent Needed

@Louisville Trinity

Brebeuf (Arlington MS)

@ Center Grove

That is absolutely BRUTAL.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, CoachVeatch said:

Monroe Central will be traveling to 3A Hamilton Heights week 1 of the 2020 season replacing Blackford.

No offense to MC, but what is HH doing?  This is a lose/lose for them.  They are the second largest school on the East side of the Hoosier Conference and might be the second or third largest overall in the entire Hoosier.  This is not preparing them for conference play.  On the flip side, this is a good add for MC.  

28 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

No offense to MC, but what is HH doing?  This is a lose/lose for them.  They are the second largest school on the East side of the Hoosier Conference and might be the second or third largest overall in the entire Hoosier.  This is not preparing them for conference play.  On the flip side, this is a good add for MC.  

All I know is we needed a game 1 after Blackford dropped us. We scrimmaged HH last summer and have a lot of respect for them. They really did us a huge favor by agreeing to this game, we were at the end of our options for a reasonable game 1.

Edited by CoachVeatch

2 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

2020 Cathedral Irish Schedule

@ Westfield

@ Carmel

Penn (home and away hasn't been decided yet)

@ Chatard

Saint X (Arlington MS)

Week 6 Opponent Needed

@Louisville Trinity

Brebeuf (Arlington MS)

@ Center Grove

Roncalli vs Cathedral in Week 6? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Punttheball said:

No offense but I think you will see that Monroe Central is a great add for HH. Monroe Central is big, physical, athletic, fast and extremely well coached. I think the physicality, size and scheme (Monroe Central offense can double tight or 5 wide and anything in between and does it all extremely well not to mention a defense that is hard-nosed, fundamentally sound, nasty and fly around and hit you) will help HH prepare for league play just fine. I would be shocked if this isn't a very good game. Again no offense just my thoughts and knowing both teams and the great job both schools and staffs do to prepare.

52 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Roncalli administration won't do it.  From what I have heard Coach Streiff did reach out but nothing back from them.  

That's a shame. It even works out perfectly with Roncalli being in 4A and Cathedral probably staying in 5A for the foreseeable future. 

On 12/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, Cash1004 said:

Hanover Central will be playing Munster next season Week 2.

A sign of the times.  Munster and Highland are dropping 6A DAC schools and replacing with 2A opponents.

Breaks my heart.  

14 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

How about (never going to happen):

DT’s HHC vs MIC Challenge

Avon vs Carmel

HSE vs Warren Central

Brownsburg vs Center Grove

Fishers vs Ben Davis

Westfield vs North Central

Noblesville vs Pike

Franklin Central vs Lawrence Central

Zionsville vs Lawrence North

Why not?  Looks like a great slate of games.  

1 hour ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Roncalli administration won't do it.  From what I have heard Coach Streiff did reach out but nothing back from them.  

Why not?  What are the specifics?

18 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

No offense but I think you will see that Monroe Central is a great add for HH. Monroe Central is big, physical, athletic, fast and extremely well coached. I think the physicality, size and scheme (Monroe Central offense can double tight or 5 wide and anything in between and does it all extremely well not to mention a defense that is hard-nosed, fundamentally sound, nasty and fly around and hit you) will help HH prepare for league play just fine. I would be shocked if this isn't a very good game. Again no offense just my thoughts and knowing both teams and the great job both schools and staffs do to prepare.

I get it from MC's side.  But this is not a good add for HH.  They are a 3A football program.  If they beat MC, great.  They are supposed to.  If they lose, it is not a good deal for them.  

• Haha 1