Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

If you could choose two NEW teams to play...

If your team could play two new teams, who would it be and why?

I'd love to see the MIC and the Greater Catholic League have a weekend against each other, or the Indy Catholic Schools traveling up to Fort Wayne or down to Evansville and playing at St. Francis or the Reitz Bowl/Enlow Field. 

Thoughts? 

Great question! I'd like to see Bishop Chatard some of the bigger Indy suburban schools.  Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg, HSE, etc.

I've also wanted to play Evansville Reitz at the Reitz Bowl.  Either that or a regular season matchup against a familiar foe like Memorial, Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, etc.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Great question! I'd like to see Bishop Chatard some of the bigger Indy suburban schools.  Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg, HSE, etc.

I've also wanted to play Evansville Reitz at the Reitz Bowl.  Either that or a regular season matchup against a familiar foe like Memorial, Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, etc.

Has Chatard ever played North Central in recent memory? That could be a really cool Northside rivalry. 10-15 min drive for both schools? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Has Chatard ever played North Central in recent memory? That could be a really cool Northside rivalry. 10-15 min drive for both schools? 

2013.  Chatard won by 3.  Ironically, I think the game was played at LN.....if I recall correctly.  No games after that but I believe Chatard picked up Lawrence Central the next 5-6 years afterwards.

Big time staff connection between Chatard and North Central these days, though.  If that might mattter.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

I would like to see some games day long played at different sights.  Imagine a day of h.s. football at ND, IU, PU, Ball State

Bring in teams from out of state

Kind of like the old Herbstreit Classis in Ohio

I wish the 4 catholic school in FW-SB diocese would play each other in all sports

• Like 1

This year GIbson Southern played Southport and I love that addition.  23979735-B97D-4ABB-BE42-7DDD48E11AA3.thumb.jpeg.55e3f8834f48dc4ebf17031a1542c8ed.jpeg

if you count Southport as new being this year was the first year, Gibson Southern will face 6 new teams next year compared to their current schedule, only keeping the other 2 top PAC teams and county rival Princeton. Otherwise it is 5 minus Southport 

my two teams would be Southport and Columbus North. If I can’t select Southport lol I will go with  Owensboro KY 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

Completely for personal reasons, but I would love to see my Alma mater, Bishop Chatard play Morris Community HS in Morris, IL.  My son will be a freshman next fall. 

Both schools have the same hard nose football mentality, blocking through the echo of the whistle.  It would be a great game to watch. 

Speaking on next year, I would love to see some of the Lafayette schools play bigger opponents. West Lafayette vs a lower tier HCC school like Franklin Central or Noblesville would be a good matchup. Lafayette Jeff vs a “rebuilding” (using that term cautiously) New Pal would be very interesting. WL Harrison vs a school like Gibson Southern or Brebeuf would be a great challenge for them.

• Like 1

BD has the two I always wanted to see get on the schedule with Avon and Brownsburg. I miss the old Westside rivalry with Decatur Central, but that's probably done.

I'll go with St. Xavier because I don't think BD gave a very good account of itself in Cincinnati the last time around and Penn because I miss that old BD/Penn rivalry game.

2 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Speaking on next year, I would love to see some of the Lafayette schools play bigger opponents. West Lafayette vs a lower tier HCC school like Franklin Central or Noblesville would be a good matchup. Lafayette Jeff vs a “rebuilding” (using that term cautiously) New Pal would be very interesting. WL Harrison vs a school like Gibson Southern or Brebeuf would be a great challenge for them.

If Jeff has a week 2 opening, so does Carmel.

2 hours ago, Cali23 said:

Chatard v. North Central

Chatard v. Evansville Memorial

I believe Chatard has Westfield on their schedule in 2020

Impossible for Memorial now or any SIAC school. 

they moved to 10 teams with the additions of Jasper and Vincennes Lincoln.  With that, all Evansville schools no longer have an out of conference game.

best hope is to see Chatard move up to 4A again and then hope that Memorial doesn’t move up to 5A 

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

they moved to 10 teams with the additions of Jasper and Vincennes Lincoln.  With that, all Evansville schools no longer have an out of conference game.

best hope is to see Chatard move up to 4A again and then hope that Memorial doesn’t move up to 5A 

More trouble for the Terre Haute schools.

North and South would have loved to have had those two SIAC slots.

Tough going for the Hautians.

Edited by DT

54 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I was aware of that.........AND I understand the benefits of having all your games committed every season (and the added benefits of a large conference to all the other sports) but, as a fan, I think I would really dislike it.

Its been a huge blast to see other teams and places over the years.   It’s actually one of the kicks I’ve gotten out of this CCC/CI cross-conference relationship.

There was a brief time when I used to be able to see Dwenger live.  These days NOBODY sees SAC teams until playoffs.  It just feels like certain parts of the state are becoming more isolated from one another than ever.

Just a fan’s rant on my part.

edit. - given the current state of 4A, there is a more than decent chance Memorial moves up again.

Edited by Lysander

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I was aware of that.........AND I understand the benefits of having all your games committed every season (and the added benefits of a large conference to all the other sports) but, as a fan, I think I would really dislike it.

Its been a huge blast to see other teams and places over the years.   It’s actually one of the kicks I’ve gotten out of this CCC/CI cross-conference relationship.

There was a brief time when I used to be able to see Dwenger live.  These days NOBODY sees SAC teams until playoffs.  It just feels like certain parts of the state are becoming more isolated from one another than ever.

Just a fan’s rant on my part.

edit. - given the current state of 4A, there is a more than decent chance Memorial moves up again.

I agree. Always nice not knowing much about the opponent and learning about a new program or learning what they are up to at this time.  

as for 4A yeah.  I think more than anything, the success factor has taught us that there are still 5 classes in Indiana. 4A/3A are pretty close when it comes to football. Obviously people favor 3A more but really any year now they are pretty close. 

for memorial. Their sectional in 4A is their conference tournament now. It was almost before but now it’s pretty much locked in minus booneville.  If memorial were to move up to 5A they have a simple path.  Be the best in the SIAC again. Accomplish that and win 1 more game (regionals) and they are onto 5A which....honestly if they were to make it. They might not return back down.  SIAC competes with terra haute very well usually winning if I’m right. And there is castle.  

it’s almost a scary thought that memorial could be in 5A and stay in 5A with only 600 kids 

2 hours ago, DT said:

More trouble for the Terre Haute schools.

North and South would have loved to have had those two SIAC slots.

Tough going for the Hautians.

Terra haute is wayyyyy too far for Siac.  Shoot Vincennes was looked at as too far by some but that was after booneville backed out which meant Gibson Southern couldn’t join.  

as a GS fan I love our new schedule a lot with the new PAC. But. I can’t help but think playing 5 SIAC games and getting to choose 4 out of conference games would have been a lot more interesting.  

15 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

From a fan's perspective, I'd like to see Linton add any two of these schools:  Jasper, Indian Creek, Edgewood, or V. Lincoln.

A Linton & Scecina regular season series would be great. Those playoff games were something special. (As were the Ritter games too).