Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fishers Rick Wimmer Resigns

13 hours ago, DT said:

I really hate that firewall.

How attractive is this job?

Very attractive.  Best job open right now.  You have tradition(state championship) and stability.  Both of which Noblesville does not have. Seems like Fishers also has better athletes

I think with the right hire, Fishers could be better than Avon and Brownsburg.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Very attractive.  Best job open right now.  You have tradition(state championship) and stability.  Both of which Noblesville does not have. Seems like Fishers also has better athletes

Agree...and they go north...😁

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

I’d consider it of equivalence with coaching at HSE without some of the parent issues one might find at HSE (despite some of Wimmer’s challenges in that arena over the last few years).

Agree that it is likely the most attractive opening currently out there.

A little saddening to me to see him go when I realize he was coaching his first year at Rushville when I played against them my Senior (and last football playing) year.

Edited by Lysander

Here's a list of coaches I think would be great hires for Fishers:

Justin Pelley, WeBo - Two time state championship coach and a proven winner.  I think he could repeat his success at a bigger school.

Ryan Knigga, Lawrenceburg - Has had a lot of success at LB.  I just like the way his teams play.

Pat Shanley, Laff Jeff - Would like to see his high powered offense at Fishers.  Young coach, who could bring a spark to the program.

2 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Justin Pelley, WeBo - Two time state championship coach and a proven winner.  I think he could repeat his success at a bigger school.

Ryan Knigga, Lawrenceburg - Has had a lot of success at LB.  I just like the way his teams play.

Pat Shanley, Laff Jeff - Would like to see his high powered offense at Fishers.  Young coach, who could bring a spark to the program.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!   LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Knightmare said:

A couple of coaches I think could be a good hire (no idea if there is interest or not). I just think they have done fantastic at their current school.

Craig Chambers - Marion

Curt Funk - Mississinewa

15 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Don't mean to upset the New Pal fans...but could this job be a possibility for Coach Ralph?

Any job is a possibility and I'm sure their AD will call, but he's got a pretty good situation where he is right now. At Fishers, you're likely dealing with some combo of Carmel, HSE, Westfield or any of the northside MIC schools every year in the sectional. 

4 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Coach Shanley would be a perfect fit at Fishers if he wants it. It is a great job opening, and that area continues to explode in growth. I wonder if they will split into a third high school at some point?

40 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Any job is a possibility and I'm sure their AD will call, but he's got a pretty good situation where he is right now. At Fishers, you're likely dealing with some combo of Carmel, HSE, Westfield or any of the northside MIC schools every year in the sectional

Very true he has a pretty good situation where he is right now. You're last sentence isn't always looked at some as a bad situation though. Some coaches will look at it as a challenge. I think a proper question would be is he content staying where he is for obvious reasons (wife's hometown, great fan support, great administrative support, a great football culture) or does he want to step to another challenge. I don't know the answer to that question and I would think the only ones that truly know the answer to that question would be Coach Ralph and his family.

I don't think anyone could fault the man for choosing either way.

5 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Coach Shanley would be a perfect fit at Fishers if he wants it. It is a great job opening, and that area continues to explode in growth. I wonder if they will split into a third high school at some point?

I have wondered the same thing. Boy has that area grown from Hamilton Southeastern being a 3A school back in 1993 to now having 2 large 6A High Schools in Fishers an Hamilton Southeastern.

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

I’d consider it of equivalence with coaching at HSE without some of the parent issues one might find at HSE (despite some of Wimmer’s challenges in that arena over the last few years).

Agree that it is likely the most attractive opening currently out there.

A little saddening to me to see him go when I realize he was coaching his first year at Rushville when I played against them my Senior (and last football playing) year.

I didn't realize he was an old SCC guy. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact he's older than you.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I didn't realize he was an old SCC guy. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact he's older than you.

He was an assistant then - I thought I read.

I only got to know him later when we double dated the Andrews Sisters just after Truman beat Dewey.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

At Fishers, you're likely dealing with some combo of Carmel, HSE, Westfield or any of the northside MIC schools every year in the sectional. 

True in most years, but not next year!!!  Carmel moves south, so the Fishers job has the potential to be an instant success overnight just by realignment in the tournament.  

59 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'm not sure Jeff to Fishers is an upgrade but am willing to be convinced...

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I'm not sure Jeff to Fishers is an upgrade but am willing to be convinced...

Socioeconomically, it's an upgrade. 

Free/Reduced Lunch at Jeff: 61%

Free/Reduced Lunch at Fishers: 17%

Tradition (2010 state championship), 1200 more students, great conference, one of the most desirable cities in the Midwest, and a rising population with plenty of socioeconomic benefits. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

It seemed like it was a done deal 4-5 years ago. But I think population growth slowed enough it wasn't warranted. You could argue 3 high schools with 2000 students each would work, but you have to look at the incremental cost of a third building. As long as the 2 current buildings can handle the number of students the appetite to build a new one is probably less critical. The growth now is more on the Hancock County side so those students would likely go to Mount Vernon. Other factors affecting growth are people waiting longer to have kids, families with kids graduating aren't leaving so you have more homes with no students, and those having kids are having fewer. The districts look very closely at the numbers and trends starting with the lower grades and can fairly accurately predict enrollment in 10 years.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

1) HCC job

2) State Championship (2010)

3) Growing Population

Still not sold based on 1/2.

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

Socioeconomically, it's an upgrade. 

Free/Reduced Lunch at Jeff: 61%

Free/Reduced Lunch at Fishers: 17%

Tradition (2010 state championship), 1200 more students, great conference, one of the most desirable cities in the Midwest, and a rising population with plenty of socioeconomic benefits. 

This sold me...other than “tradition.”

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Still waiting on DT for his "educated" take on who should coach this program.😉

Glad to chime in.

This is an interesting job.  Fishers is a 6A Division 1 job, so the mega school issue is a huge obstacle.  Depends on how important a state championship is to the school.

HSE is another issue.  Youve got to wonder if the rivalry between these two schools and the future competition for athletes might take a toll on one or the other, or both.

Regardless, as AD, I would have to shoot for the moon on this one, and see how strong the Fishers brand really is.

If Im looking to win now, I make a call to the following guys :

Mike Gillin

Chris Coll

Kyle Ralph

If Im looking for a long term program build, these guys are on my list :

Nick Hart

Pat Shanley

Kyle Enright

Luke Amstutz

Shane Fry

Dave Sharpe

Kyle Ralph