Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fishers Rick Wimmer Resigns

15 hours ago, DT said:

Glad to chime in.

This is an interesting job.  Fishers is a 6A Division 1 job, so the mega school issue is a huge obstacle.  Depends on how important a state championship is to the school.

HSE is another issue.  Youve got to wonder if the rivalry between these two schools and the future competition for athletes might take a toll on one or the other, or both.

Regardless, as AD, I would have to shoot for the moon on this one, and see how strong the Fishers brand really is.

If Im looking to win now, I make a call to the following guys :

Mike Gillin

Chris Coll

Kyle Ralph

If Im looking for a long term program build, these guys are on my list :

Nick Hart

Pat Shanley

Kyle Enright

Luke Amstutz

Shane Fry

Dave Sharpe

Kyle Ralph

Actually is a good list. That being said:

Mike Gillin - Mooresville, I feel this may be his last stop. Coaching where he lives seems to be content there and has totally turned the program around.

The more I look at it Shane Fry would be a great hire as would Pat Shanley and Kyle Ralph.

This could be a terrific job for Dave Sharpe. I know when he resigned from LaPorte to move to Indianapolis for their foundation in their sons memory. He stated Football is in his blood as much as teaching and he'll persue both once he is established in Indianapolis. Fishers would be a great landing spot for Sharpe and Fishers would get a terrific Coach to boot.

What about Mark Brown.  He is an asst. at North Central(Indpls) with head coach experience Carroll(Flora).  I think he has been calling the shots on the offensive side of the ball for coach O'Shea.  And he is a darn good o-line coach.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, crimsonace1 said:

Any job is a possibility and I'm sure their AD will call, but he's got a pretty good situation where he is right now. At Fishers, you're likely dealing with some combo of Carmel, HSE, Westfield or any of the northside MIC schools every year in the sectional. 

Look what Ralph did at a school of 1175. Imagine what he would do with 3509. He would be Carmel's worst nightmare. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BTF said:

Look what Ralph did at a school of 1175. Imagine what he would do with 3509. He would be Carmel's worst nightmare. 

Different culture.  Different kids.  Much more competition.  Ralph would not have nearly the same success in HCC he is having in HHC.  

45 minutes ago, DT said:

Different culture.  Different kids.  Much more competition.  Ralph would not have nearly the same success in HCC he is having in HHC.  

I thought of that. You see it at all levels. When a coach goes from the MAC to the Big Ten. When a coach goes from high school to college. College to pro. Pro to college. In many cases it's a challenge far different from what the coach had faced before. I get it. But going from one high school to another isn't quite the same thing. I understand the "different culture, kids, and competition," and I do think it provides another challenge. But seeing what he's done with a small school of 1200, I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't prosper at a school with 3500. 

It's probably a moot point, I'm sure he's happy at New Pal. 

Edited by BTF
correction

36 minutes ago, BTF said:

I thought of that. You see it at all levels. When a coach goes from the MAC to the Big Ten. When a coach goes from high school to college. College to pro. Pro to college. In many cases it's a challenge far different from what the coach had faced before. I get it. But going from one high school to another isn't quite the same thing. I understand the "different culture, kids, and competition," and I do think it provides another challenge. But seeing what he's done with a small school of 1200, I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't prosper at a school with 3500. 

It's probably a moot point, I'm sure he's happy at New Pal. 

I would love to see him challenge himself and see what he can do at the next level.   

There will always be naysayers who will say that NP dominance was built on the backs of weak competition or inbound transfer or disproportionate participation and support levels.

Will stay tuned

23 hours ago, DT said:

I would love to see him challenge himself and see what he can do at the next level.   

There will always be naysayers who will say that NP dominance was built on the backs of weak competition or inbound transfer or disproportionate participation and support levels.

Will stay tuned

WEIGHT ROOM CULTURE

Bottom Line

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, Major said:

What about Mark Brown.  He is an asst. at North Central(Indpls) with head coach experience Carroll(Flora).  I think he has been calling the shots on the offensive side of the ball for coach O'Shea.  And he is a darn good o-line coach.

Maybe Roncalli?

On 12/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, Major said:

I have heard about this Coach Brown. Whoever is able to hire this young man. Watch out. Your program, your players and your school will be truly blessed. I have heard that he truly cares for his players first. He wants to win. But, producing great young men for our communities. That is another gift this young man has.