Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Contraction Update - The March to 280 Continues

Guest DT

19 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Always cracks me up. No matter how many threads get started on contraction always new fish getting mad. Yet this thread has more post then talking about nice subjects such as Mr Football and Top 25 programs of all time. Welcome to DTs side of the forum. You may hate the subjects but it always leads to chatter and from now until August it's what keeps me coming back. 

PS...no I dont support the whole contraction movement him and muda march with but I support the entertaining threads that follow. Enjoy the offseason!!

Image result for i'm just here for the comments gif

• Haha 2

Sometimes there are what I perceive to be veiled racist comments about the population of Frankfort.  As I did when I worked there, I'll simply calmly point out that that 4A number would probably be 2A if that population would have never come there, possibly even 1A and the town would be where?  How many teachers wouldn't have jobs?  Bus drivers? Custodians?  Football coaches?  And the chain reaction begins.  The football woes have been blamed on being a minority majority district where the majority minority is Hispanic, if you follow that.  Sad to see that three juveniles were involved in a shooting just a couple of days ago.  Sad.  

15 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

They should just contract that whole city.. 

Not a bad idea.  A lot of dying rust belt towns in the Midwest. Personally Frankfort's Mayor McCheese is spending the town into oblivion, latest example being Prairie Creek Part, aka "McBarnes's Folly" that was supposed to cost "only" 4.5 million dollars, then ballooned to "only" 7.5 million dollars.  Also it was supposed to be completed by mid-July 2019 yet if you drive by the work site, as I do several times a week, it isn't even close to being completed. 

• Disdain 1

6 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

No.

Frankfort is teaching them about hardwork, never giving up and working as a team. 

You realize football is sometimes a way for kids to get away from their problems?

Do you realize sometimes their coaches are the only father figures some of  the kids have? Sometimes kids have built up anger and they channel it into football. 

I lost my dad tail end of 7th grade, i was mad at the world, i was mad at God. I I used a lot of that built up anger on the field and damn some of it went away. 

You only look at football at winning and losing...while majority of us realize football and other sports are more then just a game. 

Its a way to help give kids an escape. It helps kids stay up on their grades, to stay out of trouble and it gives them guidance. It gives them a sense of family. 

I feel sorry for you. You always think you are the smartest dude on here but honestly you are a bafoon.

I wonder if the Frankfort 13-year who got shot in the fact by a peer on Tuesday played football?

Channeling anger into a game built around violence acts.  Interesting.

I'm sure DT doesn't need or want your pity.  Take it somewhere else.

• Disdain 2
  • Sit and spin 1

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Sometimes there are what I perceive to be veiled racist comments about the population of Frankfort.  As I did when I worked there, I'll simply calmly point out that that 4A number would probably be 2A if that population would have never come there, possibly even 1A and the town would be where?  How many teachers wouldn't have jobs?  Bus drivers? Custodians?  Football coaches?  And the chain reaction begins.  The football woes have been blamed on being a minority majority district where the majority minority is Hispanic, if you follow that.  Sad to see that three juveniles were involved in a shooting just a couple of days ago.  Sad.  

So the main purpose of a government school is to be a defacto jobs program for the general populace?

As I have stated before Frankfort High School is basically a 4A sized school with a 2A-small 3A athletic talent base.  A various socioeconomic factors have to play into that.   If you want to call the "veiled racist comments" the so be it.  I personally have no issues with the Hispanic population in Frankfort.  If I did I wouldn't have moved there 20+ years ago.  Most are hard working, honest individuals just trying to provide for their family.  Used to live next to a run-down "slum lord" apartment property.  Always had a cordial relationship with most of the Hispancie residents.  The frankly "white trash" types were the ones who caused all the trouble.

Many questions about the juvenile shooting.  #1 being why wasn't the firearm property secured?  #2 Were these three juveniles currently enrolled at the local government school and if so, why were they not attending it at 10am in the morning as prescribed by law?

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Not a bad idea.  A lot of dying rust belt towns in the Midwest. Personally Frankfort's Mayor McCheese is spending the town into oblivion, latest example being Prairie Creek Part, aka "McBarnes's Folly" that was supposed to cost "only" 4.5 million dollars, then ballooned to "only" 7.5 million dollars.  Also it was supposed to be completed by mid-July 2019 yet if you drive by the work site, as I do several times a week, it isn't even close to being completed. 

Sounds like something out of Parks and Rec.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So the main purpose of a government school is to be a defacto jobs program for the general populace?

As I have stated before Frankfort High School is basically a 4A sized school with a 2A-small 3A athletic talent base.  A various socioeconomic factors have to play into that.   If you want to call the "veiled racist comments" the so be it.  I personally have no issues with the Hispanic population in Frankfort.  If I did I wouldn't have moved there 20+ years ago.  Most are hard working, honest individuals just trying to provide for their family.  Used to live next to a run-down "slum lord" apartment property.  Always had a cordial relationship with most of the Hispancie residents.  The frankly "white trash" types were the ones who caused all the trouble.

Many questions about the juvenile shooting.  #1 being why wasn't the firearm property secured?  #2 Were these three juveniles currently enrolled at the local government school and if so, why were they not attending it at 10am in the morning as prescribed by law?

No, the main purpose of a government school is not that.  I'm simply stating that if you lose that population, you're town dies.  Perhaps it wasn't racism, but innuendo that that population can not be taught to play American tackle football.  You and I both know which children cause the trouble in town and school.  I'm not sure of which background those kids playing with the gun were.  I also wonder why the authorities didn't follow up on attendance.  Perhaps the parents called them in.  

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I'm simply stating that if you lose that population, you're town dies.  

Quite the hyperbolic statement coming from you, Robert.  Where will this population go? Many of them have lived in Frankfort for decades,  I have been told that the relatively recent influx of immigrants came to Frankfort because they already had family here.    Would Milan and Maumee townships in Allen county welcome this population with open arms should they all decide to leave Frankfort/Clinton county?

• Disdain 2

On 12/4/2019 at 12:14 PM, DT said:

Admins are forcing an athletic menu down kids throats.  Football is not a requirement, like math and basic english.

And high school football is designed to support other sports through gate revenue and concessions.

Where football is on the cusp of contraction, I say let the kids decide.  

Football was growing leaps and bounds back then.

It is contracting today.   We are past the peak, at all levels.

It happens

When I was in MS our Varsity football team won 6 games in 4 years and had less than 30 kids on the team. We hired a new coach my freshman year and by my Junior year was playing for the state championship with over 60 kids on a 1A roster. 

At a 1A or 2A school it only takes a couple of good classes or a coach that instills belief into the program for numbers to turn it around. Was the school supposed to close the doors on the program after 5 years of ineptitude and historically low numbers? In my opinion, success and numbers, especially at a small school level is cyclical. There were maybe 2-3 kids on my state championship team that would have played at a larger school, if the administration would have given up on the program it would have deprived the other 60+ kids the opportunity to be a part of something special. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Quite the hyperbolic statement coming from you, Robert.  Where will this population go? Many of them have lived in Frankfort for decades,  I have been told that the relatively recent influx of immigrants came to Frankfort because they already had family here.    Would Milan and Maumee townships in Allen county welcome this population with open arms should they all decide to leave Frankfort/Clinton county?

Maybe simplification.  Be happy for them, instead of whining because some of them don't want to play football and they push your team up into a higher class.  Better yet, find someone to tap in.  I think Woodlan would welcome them, yes.  Sherwood will teach them. 

1 hour ago, QB said:

When I was in MS our Varsity football team won 6 games in 4 years and had less than 30 kids on the team. We hired a new coach my freshman year and by my Junior year was playing for the state championship with over 60 kids on a 1A roster. 

At a 1A or 2A school it only takes a couple of good classes or a coach that instills belief into the program for numbers to turn it around. Was the school supposed to close the doors on the program after 5 years of ineptitude and historically low numbers? In my opinion, success and numbers, especially at a small school level is cyclical. There were maybe 2-3 kids on my state championship team that would have played at a larger school, if the administration would have given up on the program it would have deprived the other 60+ kids the opportunity to be a part of something special. 

This is true.  I have a friend who has a kid who sits on the bench at Snider.  I guarantee you he would have started as a sophomore at Luers.  

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Maybe simplification.  Be happy for them, instead of whining because some of them don't want to play football and they push your team up into a higher class.  Better yet, find someone to tap in.  I think Woodlan would welcome them, yes.  Sherwood will teach them. 

Whining?  I don't think so, friend.   I recall probably a third or more of the names on this past season's roster being of Hispanic origin.  Great!   90+% of the names on the soccer team's roster were of Hispanic origin.  Basketball looks to be about 20-25%.

• Disdain 2

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Whining?  I don't think so, friend.   I recall probably a third or more of the names on this past season's roster being of Hispanic origin.  Great!   90+% of the names on the soccer team's roster were of Hispanic origin.  Basketball looks to be about 20-25%.

I don't know if I can go back as many years on the digest to find the proof.  I'll go on the wayback machine during winter break.  

1 minute ago, Robert said:

I don't know if I can go back as many years on the digest to find the proof.  I'll go on the wayback machine during winter break.  

Knock yourself out.  At least I choose to stay and contribute to the community instead of fleeing after a short while.

• Disdain 3

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Knock yourself out.  At least I choose to stay and contribute to the community instead of fleeing after a short while.

Shall I spell it out for you?  My ex moved to South Bend, so I moved back so the kids didn't have to change schools.  Plus, the pay is about $10K lower in Frankfort.  Is that fleeing?  

Edited by Robert

• 2 months later...

This thread is full of rumors and lies.  Talking about programs that are supposedly contracting even though they are not.  Making up stories and falsehoods,  I thought we had a rule that there was no rumors on here, but oh wait, DT is one of the "good ol' boys "  on here so he is allowed to say whatever he wants.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, BearsGold55 said:

This thread is full of rumors and lies.  Talking about programs that are supposedly contracting even though they are not.  Making up stories and falsehoods,  I thought we had a rule that there was no rumors on here, but oh wait, DT is one of the "good ol' boys "  on here so he is allowed to say whatever he wants.

If that makes him feel better.   It's not up to us who plays and who doesn't.  Buy your popcorn, sit down, and shut up...

• Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

18 hours ago, BearsGold55 said:

I wouldn't say it is full of lies... They are observations... Nothing wrong with that  As it was stated... 

18 hours ago, Gipper said:

If that makes him feel better.   It's not up to us who plays and who doesn't.  Buy your popcorn, sit down, and shut up...

• Disdain 1