Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Top 25 Programs All-Time

59 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

https://ifca.net/download/Recordbook-Final.pdf

Page 4 :  Updated to include 2018

Anyone know who I should contact to get the receiving records updated? I believe the career receiving TD should be tied and single season changed. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/peyton-trexler/Nu5JqiiKEeS00gAmVebEWg/football/stats.htm

11 minutes ago, TRCJunkie said:

Anyone know who I should contact to get the receiving records updated? I believe the career receiving TD should be tied and single season changed. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/peyton-trexler/Nu5JqiiKEeS00gAmVebEWg/football/stats.htm

Have Southwood's HC contact his local IFCA Coaches and or state level IFCA board members

Or he can email me directly and I know where to take it from there 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Temptation said:

This is great stuff man. Nice work and while no system is full proof this definitely gives some legitimacy to any discussion folks want to have.

Something that stuck out to me immediately was how much appreciation we should have for Sheridan... looking at the other schools in the top 10 what do they not have in common with any of them?

Incredible what Sheridan has done.  It would be interesting to see what this list would look like without the p/p schools and mega 6A schools....

16 hours ago, captainobvious said:

West Lafayette should be on that list before Western Boone.

Create a list... And I put it was a homer pick.  

21 hours ago, BTF said:

I used a point system (state 10, semi-state 7, regionals 5, sectionals 3) purely based on championships. The schools I considered were all among the leaders in either sectional, regional, semi-state, or state championships.......using JH's website. 

Top 25

1.     Chatard

2.     Carmel

3.     Luers

4.     Cathedral

5.     Ben Davis

6.     Roncalli

7.     Dwenger

8.     Penn

9.     Sheridan

10.   Warren Central

11.   Hobart

12.   Ritter

13.   Snider

14.   LCC

15.   Jimtown

16.   Center Grove

17.   Mater Dei

18.   Tri-West

19.   Northwood

Andrean

21.   Evansville Memorial

22.   West Lafayette

23.   Franklin Central

24.   Eastbrook

25.   East Central

Columbus East

Adams Central

Best of the Rest

28.   Bloomington South

29.   Scenina

30.   Breman

New Pal

Pioneer

33.   Jasper

34.   Lowell

35.   Heritage Hills

36.   Western Boone

37.   Lawrenceburg

38.   Reitz

39.   Linton-Stocton

40.   Griffith

Solid list.  

11 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Incredible what Sheridan has done.  It would be interesting to see what this list would look like without the p/p schools and mega 6A schools....

Yes, that is what I was implying.  The ONE COACH statement is staggering, but Sheridan is a 1A PUBLIC school folks.  That's amazing.

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

It's amazing to see some of these top 25 programs that have been good since the 80s. Tradition never graduates is a real thing for almost all of these schools in the top 25. 

Some of the top 25 teams though that haven't been uber-successful in the last decade or so (or more): Jimtown, Hobart, Roncalli, Luers, Franklin Central, Sheridan, Ritter. I know some of these schools still win sectionals and regionals but they're not as proficient and dynastic as they used to be.  It makes you wonder what happened to those schools from their previous hey-days. 

Luers, Franklin Central and Hobart make strong cases what could happen when coaches leave.  FC has not made it to the finals since Stephens left, Hobart did not win a sectional for 19 years aftrer Howell left and Luers has not been the same state title competitor since their coaching change.  I know there are a couple of other factors (FC changed classes due to population increases).

43 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Luers, Franklin Central and Hobart make strong cases what could happen when coaches leave.  FC has not made it to the finals since Stephens left, Hobart did not win a sectional for 19 years aftrer Howell left and Luers has not been the same state title competitor since their coaching change.  I know there are a couple of other factors (FC changed classes due to population increases).

Great, great points. Sustainability at the head coach position is so invaluable or even hiring a coach who was on staff at the school for the previous head coach. 

Hobart seems on the upswing again which is great but FC being in 6A renders a future championship almost impossible due to the big 4 of the MIC. 

Jimtown hasn't won state since 2005 and hasn't even won a regional since 2009.

Roncalli has only won one state championship in the last 14 years, albeit with several sectional and regional championships in between, but that's not the typical dynastic Roncalli program we all know. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Using the same points. Use a .85 multiplier for the p/p schools and mega-schools. Do we use a 1.15 multiplier for Snider, Center Grove, and Bloomington South since they've had to play a school double their size to win state? Just a thought. If I get positive feedback on this, I will take the time to run the numbers.

Even more interesting is what this poll would look like if the success factor and 6a was instilled 30 years ago.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

An interesting question would be a "Mount Rushmore" of Indiana High School Football Programs. That could get dicey!

Having to pick four teams? Lol, you can be in charge of that one. 

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, MICFan34 said:

Some of the top 25 teams though that haven't been uber-successful in the last decade or so (or more): Jimtown, Hobart, Roncalli, Luers

it’s a shame they ran out of 5 star players at the 2&3A level😄. But to be fair i think they made it to two semi states in the past five years.

Really as a Dwenger fan i have always wondered where Luers found their studs that carried them through championships, the last significant one probably being Austin Mack who’s a receiver now at OSU.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:36 AM, saintsguyseh said:

it’s a shame they ran out of 5 star players at the 2&3A level😄. But to be fair i think they made it to two semi states in the past five years.

Really as a Dwenger fan i have always wondered where Luers found their studs that carried them through championships, the last significant one probably being Austin Mack who’s a receiver now at OSU.

Usually Sacred Heart, St. John's, Village Woods, St. Henry's, St. Jude's, or Geyer.  Sometimes they bus them in from Lima, Detroit, Columbus, or Toledo.  Once in a while, Southern California, Venezuela, or Cuba.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, Temptation said:

I don’t know how it’s calculated but i just cannot see Homestead being ranked in the too 10, especially ahead of the likes of Dwenger and Luers, maybe other than all time win percentage they have nothing over those other two programs.

2 hours ago, saintsguyseh said:

I don’t know how it’s calculated but i just cannot see Homestead being ranked in the too 10, especially ahead of the likes of Dwenger and Luers, maybe other than all time win percentage they have nothing over those other two programs.

SOS is a big deal to Harrell so the big schools have an advantage in his system.

I do want to point it out however that I was not submitting this as my list, rather simply adding it to generate discussion 

On 12/13/2019 at 4:14 PM, superjay said:

That only goes back to 1994 when John Harrell site started.  

Also, any all time list without Sheridan in the top 5 is way off.

Way off? That's debatable. There is at least 10-15 programs that could make that same case for their school. 

On 12/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, Robert said:

Usually Sacred Heart (Fred Moore, Trent Moore), St. John's (Too Many) (, Village Woods, (Lew, Hammock) St. Henry's, (Hammock, Lawrence) St. Jude's (Lindsay, Spencer), or Geyer (Cal Miller?), South Side (Witherspoon), Homestead (.  Sometimes they bus them in from Lima, Detroit, Columbus, or Toledo.  Once in a while, Southern California, Venezuela (martinez), or Cuba (Ledo (stretch).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, miner_35 said:

I like this list, BUT by just going the leaders list, the numbers are not going to be right. Adams Central would be above Eastbrook, as would Linton and WeBo . Of course, my math could be wrong, but I have Eastbrook at 108, Linton at 116, WeBo at 118, and Adams Central at 212. I found this by going to the individual team tournament history. However, I might have added wrong, I ran out of fingers and toes! :S

Just imagine if we (Adams Central) could have won some of those semi state appearances instead of just 1!

• Like 1