• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Players from IHSAA Schools

1 minute ago, Bulldoggit said:

Player Pos Teams From To
Curtis Painter QB IND,NYG 2009 2013
Dan Stryzinski P PIT,TAM,ATL,KAN,NYJ 1990 2003
David Carter C-G HOU,NOR 1977 1985

To be fair at this point do we really as a state claim Curtis Painter. I know he had a solid career at Purdue, but it is still really hard to think about that year with the Colts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DT said:

Troy Aikman was all over Jalen Smith last night during the Bears - Cowboys game.  He didn't like Smith's pass coverage and mentioned that he said Smith looked slow getting to the ball.

Is Smith still having leg problems?

Guess who currently leads the NFL in tackles? duh Jaylon Smith. Some people just see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Statistics aren't biased. 

1 minute ago, jakone said:

Guess who currently leads the NFL in tackles? duh Jaylon Smith. Some people just see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Statistics aren't biased. 

Aikman is not happy with his Cowboys.  

7 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

Off the top of my head

Ben Davis- Tandon Doss, Marqueis Gray

Add

Corey Harris, Morten Andersen, DaMarcus Ganaway (believe was on the Jets practice squad), Mark Shupe 

Morten, Corey, and Tandon all were on Super Bowl rosters.

22 minutes ago, DT said:

Aikman is not happy with his Cowboys.  

The Cowboys should be considered for contraction, the league is watered down with too many teams and the Cowboys consistently under perform. Those players are being put into a situation that is obviously dangerous to their mental and physical health. Plus the league would be better without Jerry...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Thanks FPO! Very interesting!

In a way it reminds me of the Fort Wayne Pistons of the NBA.

True story. Fort Wayne hosted the 1953 NBA All Star Game. Everyone around the league was so impressed, the Boston Celtics were a little nervous about hosting it the following year. 

2 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

To be fair at this point do we really as a state claim Curtis Painter. I know he had a solid career at Purdue, but it is still really hard to think about that year with the Colts.

Considering he didn't move here till High School that's up to you. He's an old classmate and friend of mine. Very good dude. He was also a heck of an athlete. You don't last that many years in the league if you're a bum. 

18 hours ago, BTF said:

True story. Fort Wayne hosted the 1953 NBA All Star Game. Everyone around the league was so impressed, the Boston Celtics were a little nervous about hosting it the following year. 

The NBA was founded in Fort Wayne. The owners of two rival leagues met in a home in the Fort and merged their leagues into the NBA. So if you hate the NBA you can thank Fort Wayne.😁

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Gipper said:

Rod Woodson--somewhere in Ft. Wayne (Northrop)

Woodson went to Snider, but they might have been combined at the time? not exactly sure on the history of northrop/snider and why they share a field and everything.

Also i don’t know if it’s been said already but Rod Smith, Jaylon’s brother went to Harding and played for the Cowboys but now is East Coast, maybe with the Giants?

3 hours ago, saintsguyseh said:

Woodson went to Snider, but they might have been combined at the time? not exactly sure on the history of northrop/snider and why they share a field and everything.

Also i don’t know if it’s been said already but Rod Smith, Jaylon’s brother went to Harding and played for the Cowboys but now is East Coast, maybe with the Giants?

Snider and Northrop were never combined. Snider was built in 1964, Northrop in 1971. Rod Woodson went to Snider and attended from 1979-1982 (I may be off a year). Snider doesn't have their own field because.............well, I've heard many things. Campus not big enough, not enough parking, drainage issues. I never knew what the real issue was. I know several years ago they had the plans and financing to build their own stadium off campus, but nearby neighbors fought and took it to court. That property now is home to government subsidized housing and IU Health. 

I mentioned Rod Smith in my earlier post...........he went to Harding and was a top 5 RB coming out of highs school. Drafted by Jim Tressel, misutilized by Urban Meyer. 

• Like 1

Lars Tate --North Central                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Matt Mauck--Jasper        

On 12/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, saintsguyseh said:

I dated Woodson's Cousin's stepdaughter in high school so I'm almost related to him haha. True stroy

• Haha 2