Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

South Bend Next Contraction Target

Guest DT

19 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

The Clay head football job is now posted on the SBCSC website...does mean consolidation is on the back burner for now.

I do not think any decisions will be made until the vote in May on the property tax thing.  I did not see where the current guy left.  They cannot continue to keep 4 large buildings going as high schools if enrollment keeps going down

12 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

I do not think any decisions will be made until the vote in May on the property tax thing.  I did not see where the current guy left.  They cannot continue to keep 4 large buildings going as high schools if enrollment keeps going down

Its going to happen.  Just a question of how many schools will contract.

Id love to see SB go the Hammond route and contract down to 2 football playing schools.  Perhaps leave Clay open as the academic specialty magnet with no sports.

2 SB schools at 2500 students each puts SB high school football back on the map.  Hammond High and Hammond Morton are going to be vastly improved after absorbing the student athletes from Clark and Gavit.  

1 hour ago, XStar said:

And can you tell me what time you disliked the post in the screen shot posted below?

Now....can you admit that you are the liar as you accused me of being?  Being wrong is tough.  Being proven wrong is tougher.  

image.thumb.png.07992f03669725c16fb647f633e08aee.png 

I simply disagreed with 1 of your comments... Like i do with others at times. 

You were the one that went and then voted down a bunch of my comments and then i fell into your trap and voted you down some and then you voted me down in total of 25 times. 

Coach E then stated you better watch out or UW will vote you down a lot more. 

Thats what I was referring to. You were the one that started the major vote down deal. Not me. You didnt finish it.  I just decided you aren't worth the time to through all your comments and vote you down. 

Im sure I could go and look at my old comments and see you voted me down first but Im not cuz it's a waste of my time. 

• Thanks 1

The fact that you feel justified in doing it doesn't change the fact that you did it first.  It was an innocuous, half-joking comment concerning the mayor of the town I live in.  You had time to vote it down to begin with so I don't think your time is quite as valuable as you believe. 

Like I said to begin with.  You wanted to start with the petty down voting and that's fine with me if you want to continue down that road.  Silly little game but it's not hard to play.  

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

In 1969 South Bend had 8 high schools:  Clay, Adams, Riley, Jackson, North Liberty, Washington, LaSalle, and the last year of Central.

My how times have changed.

Contraction is good and healthy.  Not only will it improve the overall quality and competitiveness of SB high school sports, it will eliminate unnecessary waste , bureaucracy and overhead and free up capital for other projects.

14 hours ago, XStar said:

The fact that you feel justified in doing it doesn't change the fact that you did it first.  It was an innocuous, half-joking comment concerning the mayor of the town I live in.  You had time to vote it down to begin with so I don't think your time is quite as valuable as you believe. 

Like I said to begin with.  You wanted to start with the petty down voting and that's fine with me if you want to continue down that road.  Silly little game but it's not hard to play.  

Haha Xstar. The dude that got so butt hurt about 1 vote down.

Votes me down 4 or 5 times, i then had i break from adult maturity and vote you down a couple times... You then get even more butt hurt and vote me down 20 times.

You trying to justify your immaturity is laughable. I clearly showed that you started this vote down bs and then you had to reach for a post that had nothing to do with the vote down ordeal. You are now going to be blocked. I don't deal with turds like you. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Votes me down 4 or 5 times, i then had i break from adult maturity and vote you down a couple times... You then get even more butt hurt and vote me down 20 times.

You trying to justify your immaturity is laughable. I clearly showed that you started this vote down bs and then you had to reach for a post that had nothing to do with the vote down ordeal. You are now going to be blocked. I don't deal with turds like you. 

Take it outside fellas

8 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Thanks.  Appreciate the lecture on maturity from an adult using the phrase 'butt hurt" and referring to people as "turds".  😄

Edited by XStar

45 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

The school board needs to take the bull by the horn or if not it will get worse

Its coming.  The Hammond situation will provide SB witgh the impetus to act

13 hours ago, DT said:

Its coming.  The Hammond situation will provide SB witgh the impetus to act

You really think so?  They have had 9 years knowing the circuit breaker was coming and did very little if anything.

They need to close more then 1 high school buildings - too many under utilized

There is some consolidation momentum.  Anderson.  Muncie.  Gary.  Elkhart.  Hammond.  South Bend will not buck the trend.  

Pete has been running for President for several years and has neglected some key aspects of his job.  This will get done soon.  

5 minutes ago, DT said:

There is some consolidation momentum.  Anderson.  Muncie.  Gary.  Elkhart.  Hammond.  South Bend will not buck the trend.  

Pete has been running for President for several years and has neglected some key aspects of his job.  This will get done soon.  

1.  The South Bend City Government has nothing to do with the School System.

2.  South Bend has always bucked trends or reinvents the wheel.

3.  There is a vote today to allow a charter school to share a building with a high school.  Don't really see that as progressive.

oporation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

1.  The South Bend City Government has nothing to do with the School System.

2.  South Bend has always bucked trends or reinvents the wheel.

3.  There is a vote today to allow a charter school to share a building with a high school.  Don't really see that as progressive.

oporation.

When South Bend closed your school maybe they started the trend.