Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mount Rushmores of Indiana High School Football

Ok...have fun. What are your "Mount Rushmores" of Indiana High School football. This could be anything from stadiums to broadcasters to GID posters to concessions to coaches to programs to tailgating to whatever. Have fun. Thanks to the "Top 25" thread for inspiration.

Mount Rushmore of Ben Davis Football Coaches

Dick Dullaghan

Mike Kirschner

Lou Parnell

Bob Wilbur

Edited by BDGiant93

12 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ok...have fun. What are your "Mount Rushmores" of Indiana High School football. This could be anything from stadiums to broadcasters to GID posters to concessions to coaches to programs to tailgating to whatever. Have fun. Thanks to the "Top 25" thread for inspiration.

Mount Rushmore of Ben Davis Football Coaches

Dick Dullaghan

Mike Kirschner

Lou Parnell

Bob Wilbur

Dullaghan would also be on Carmel's.  Along with Dick Nyers, and Jim Belden.  Not sure about the 4th.

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

But Chatard is THE pound-for-pound team!

I think a "public" and a "private" pound for pound would be appropriate. Private would include Chatard, Cathedral, Luers & Roncalli or Dwenger??

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think the private schools need a Mount Rushmore of their own. Chatard, Cathedral, Luers................Dwenger or Roncalli?

I just posted this same thing like a second after you did, funny !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Not when compared to Center Grove and New Palestine.

I only weigh public vs public and private vs private. I am of the belief that privates have an advantage, so no sense in comparing them against public schools. If I remember right, most of LLC, Center Grove, and New Pal's success came in the last couple of decades. I believe all three had SOME success before that.

8 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

My Mount Rushmores are Warren Central, Ben Davis, Carmel, and Center Grove. I also like Cathedral, Chatard, Roncalli, LCC, Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, and Bishop Dwenger.

Thanks for your opinion, but Warren and Carmel should be good every year. You had double and triple the amount of kids as most schools. Def not the pound for pound best. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I only weigh public vs public and private vs private. I am of the belief that privates have an advantage, so no sense in comparing them against public schools. If I remember right, most of LLC, Center Grove, and New Pal's success came in the last couple of decades. I believe all three had SOME success before that.

In that case, it should be Carmel, Penn, Ben Davis and Snider. No one else even comes close. Center Grove, Columbus East and New Palestine are way down the list.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

The most DT thing ever to put himself on the GID Mt. Rushmore.🤣

This was already confirmed nearly a decade ago.

Its old news my friend.