Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WIC Realignment

I saw Northview's 2020 schedule on the John Harrell site.  Looks like the WIC is going to a Big school & Small school format with no last week 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, etc.   Anyone have any insight on realignment or thoughts on a possible 12th team to even things up.

Big schools- NV, OV, EHS, Indian Creek, and Sullivan. 
small schools are the rest, but somebody can check the enrollment of Greencastle and Sullivan and see who put on big boy pants. 

Linton turned down the WIC After Cascade left so that’s why big school small school. 

On 12/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Wink58 said:

Big schools- NV, OV, EHS, Indian Creek, and Sullivan. 
small schools are the rest, but somebody can check the enrollment of Greencastle and Sullivan and see who put on big boy pants. 

Linton turned down the WIC After Cascade left so that’s why big school small school. 

Greencastle - 506

Sullivan - 518 (big boy pants on)

West Vigo - 567

Brown County - 577

I think the new alignment makes the WIC weaker. The final game championship games were great. Now there will be no true champion. The whole small school large school thing is basic. 

Why did Sullivan go in the large school but West Vigo/BC go small school?

It would be nice to have South Vermillion added back but they enjoy beating up on those 1A schools... trying to anyways. Cascade dropped and forced this change. Maybe Park Heritage can make the jump? The other option would be Monrovia.. 

2 hours ago, Wink58 said:

Per IHSAA data-

https://ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/football schools 19-20.pdf

sullivan 547 Big pants and smallest school

Ghs 549

WV 590

BC 619

Those are the enrollments from the 18-19 school year that the IHSAA used for the class alignment that began this year.  The numbers I posted are the enrollments for the current school year (19-20).  That data comes from the Department of Education.

Monrovia and Cascade will never be back.  Linton would be a good fit, but they declined invite.  Looking at football playing schools.  Not much to choose from, travel is a nightmare in this conference.

Crawfordsville?  Southmont? Eastern Greene?  Covenant Christian?

I was told from a coach within the Mid-Indiana football conference that their conference is ending. Not sure if it is in effect for next year or the following year. With the WIC looking for small schools to add to the small school bracket of the conference, could potentially sway one of the Mid-Indiana teams to join. Ill list the conference below. I could see Milan or North Decatur being a competitive good fit. Travel times are an issue in any conference in todays football landscape.

Mid-Indiana Conference

Milan 

North Decatur 

Edinburgh 

Oldenburg 

South Decatur 

Switzerland County 

13 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

It would be nice to have South Vermillion added back but they enjoy beating up on those 1A schools... trying to anyways. Cascade dropped and forced this change. Maybe Park Heritage can make the jump? The other option would be Monrovia.. 

Sir, I do not see this ever happening.