Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Spegal to IU

Spegal, while a tremendous HS RB, seems to be a player that can and will do anything to help a team succeed. Those types of players seem to always find the field through work ethic, love of the game, determination and competitiveness. 

Congrats. 

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Shocked he took a PWO at IU, but as an IU fan I’ll take it. IU is loaded at RB with Scott, Sampson James and Ronnie Walker, the two latter 4* recruits who are back ups. IU also just landed another RB out of VA today that was previously committed to Michigan. 

Stevie and Ronnie will both be juniors next year. Sampson will be a sophomore. 

Maybe they redshirt Charlie next season, then his RS Fr year get some ST play (Scott and Walkers senior year) then as a RS soph compete to be Sampson's back up. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Spegal, while a tremendous HS RB, seems to be a player that can and will do anything to help a team succeed. Those types of players seem to always find the field through work ethic, love of the game, determination and competitiveness. 

Congrats. 

Im excited to see him be on IU's team. Im hoping they redshirt him next year... His redshirt freshman year then will be Scott and Walkers senior year...maybe do some ST that season... RS soph.. Only really Sampson will be in his way. 

Special teamer, maybe FB in some goal line situation worst case for him.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 2
  • Disdain 1

7 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Im excited to see him be on IU's team. Im hoping they redshirt him next year... His redshirt freshman year then will be Scott and Walkers senior year...maybe do some ST that season... RS soph.. Only really Sampson will be in his way. 

Special teamer, maybe FB in some goal line situation worst case for him.

He will be 25 by the time he sees his first playing time

Just now, olinecoach said:

You really don't think he will play at all until his final year of eligibility?? 

I think it's a poor choice   but people make decisions for different reasons

Allen has been recruiting 4 star talent to the RB position now for two years

Charlie is a low 2 star player

This is a marketing- PR move    perhaps a good one over the long term.  Only time will tell

8 minutes ago, DT said:

I think it's a poor choice   but people make decisions for different reasons

Allen has been recruiting 4 star talent to the RB position now for two years

Charlie is a low 2 star player

This is a marketing- PR move    perhaps a good one over the long term.  Only time will tell

You can have your opinions for sure, but I wouldn't put it past him to find himself a playing spot earlier than most think. Very few kids if any have put in the work that he has in and out of season and he is faster, more athletic, and much more football smart than people give him credit for.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

You really don't think he will play at all until his final year of eligibility?? 

I think he'll play special teams and could as early as this coming year, but doubt he sees the rotation until he's an upperclassmen, if ever. Two more years of Stevie Scott and Ronnie Walker, 3 more years of Sampson James and a few hours before Spegal committed, IU landed a RB out of VA who was previously committed to Michigan. I'm sure Allen will take a RB or two in the 2021 class as well.

44 minutes ago, DT said:

He will be 25 by the time he sees his first playing time

Agreed.  Ball State or ISU would have been better choices if young Mr. Spegal wanted to stay in-state and have a more immediate impact on the playing field.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Taking the same path as Zander Horvath did at Purdue, I love it, wish him well  

Today I learned that Horvath went to Mishawaka Marian lol. Love watching that dude run the ball. What were his options out of HS? 

Football players ALWAYS find the field.

Now, if a player (this is example is Spegal) takes the Eric Crouch approach (I know it was the Pros, but you see the correlation) by saying I will ONLY play this position......well then that's on the player.

The kid just seems like a football player.