Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Spegal to IU

17 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

own you antiquated and/or uninformed opinions.

If you are scared say you are scared

My views always entice page views and responses.

That's what I'm here for

Happy to have your participation

16 hours ago, DT said:

I usually only watch big boy football.

Class 5A and 6A state finals

Big Ten

Chicago Bears

Watching ISU-NDSU is like watching 1A or 2a football. just doesn't move the needle for me.

One could argue that ISU/NDSU is bigger football than the Chicago Bears.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DT said:

Only in my dreams.

Cant wait for this boring, unimaginative and mindless RPO to go away for good.  Wont be long.  

The ND BoX should be on a comeback! Spin City! Bring that Triple Spin Series back!

36 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

One could argue that ISU/NDSU is bigger football than the Chicago Bears.  

Image result for da bears gif

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL...the vast majority of FBS schools don't compare to those 3......you set quite the standard.

Check out some NFL rosters sometime....you'll be amazed how many come from FCS rosters.  The Missouri Valley is the deepest FCS conference in the country.

To each his own.  If Im going to invest the time to watch a football game, I have many options.  I choose those that are most appealing to me.  I do occasionally lower my standard when I watch IU football.  

53 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

For someone who has to "lower their standards" to occassionally watch them, you sure talk about IU football quite a bit on this forum......

Im a fan of IU football, and a realist

The 2020 early signing day rankings came out today, and IU is #12 in the Big 14.  

It is what it is.  I also sparkle my Hoosier optimism with a realistic dose of Region pessimism.

21 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

I know he watched Nebraska in 1984

Mike Rozier, one of my favorites.

5 hours ago, DT said:

To each his own.  If Im going to invest the time to watch a football game, I have many options.  I choose those that are most appealing to me.  I do occasionally lower my standard when I watch IU football.  

Interesting.  Football fans enjoy football at all levels.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DT said:

Rozier didn't get any D1 offers either. Must have been too slow. He played his first year of college ball at a Junior College. His Senior season at Nebraska was 1983. And he played his first year of Pro ball(1984) in the USFL. Never a real star in the NFL. Just mediocre.

Edited by gonzoron

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Rozier didn't get any D1 offers either. Must have been too slow. He played his first year of college ball at a Junior College. His Senior season at Nebraska was 1983. And he played his first year of Pro ball(1984) in the USFL. Never a real star in the NFL. Just mediocre.

But what great fun he was to watch in college.  I used to love watching the Oklahoma - Nebraska game over Thanksgiving.  We would go out in the snow and run the triple option after the game.  

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Check him out on YouTube.  Fastest guy on the field by a mile

18 hours ago, DT said:

Im a fan of IU football, and a realist

The 2020 early signing day rankings came out today, and IU is #12 in the Big 14.  

It is what it is.  I also sparkle my Hoosier optimism with a realistic dose of Region pessimism.

49th in the nation as well.    

Official rankings will not be done until 2nd signing date in February.   

On 12/18/2019 at 10:52 PM, DT said:

But what great fun he was to watch in college.  I used to love watching the Oklahoma - Nebraska game over Thanksgiving.  We would go out in the snow and run the triple option after the game.  

Check him out on YouTube.  Fastest guy on the field by a mile

Who cares about Rozier. Fun to go back and watch. Never translated to the NFL. Nebraska has been irrelevant (more so than ND by a mile for many years).

On 12/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, Muda69 said:

So you enjoyed Arena Football?  Really?

Football is football surprise. Do you have soccer to watch

On 12/19/2019 at 11:15 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

49th in the nation as well.    

Official rankings will not be done until 2nd signing date in February.   

The Hoosiers will be fine. Interested to see who the OC will be!

NDSU sure looked impressive today. 

A lot of good football, of all levels, yesterday and today. 

48 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You really didn't answer my question.

Yes, I watch soccer from time to time. It's a beautiful game, with real athletes on the field.

I am not what you would call a soccer fan, but I LOVE the Men’s World Cup.

I never really got into Arena FB or the XFL. 

4 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Not trying to reopen this can of worms, but read a quote this morning that would support T’s quote about the best having both. Nyheim Hines quote after returning 2 punts for TD’s yesterday against Carolina.....”Fast guys run track,” said Hines, a former national champion hurdler who became the first Colts player to score on 2 punt returns in one game. “But to play football, you have to be fast and you have to be quick on your feet.”  (Michael Marot AP)

Can of worms opened.  I think we know what you're saying (At least I do!).  I've seen fast track guys be horrible at other sports and I've seen slow guys tear it up on the court and field in other sports with technique, training, and/or an innate ability to do things.  Heck, I can promise a bag of chips and the MAP scores miraculously go up.  🙂