Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ethan Crowe - Center Grove / Where is he leaning?

Guest DT

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Coach Moore is losing his touch.  He used to get his kids into IU all the time.

Losing his touch? Hahah one kid doesn’t get a scholarship and he is losing his touch? Only so much a coach can do on getting scholarships for his players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Losing his touch? Hahah one kid doesn’t get a scholarship and he is losing his touch? Only so much a coach can do on getting scholarships for his players. 

Its been a while since CG sent a player off to IU.  Maybe Nick Stoner was the last.  There were quite a few before him.  CGs D1 recruits lately seem to be looking elsewhere

Minnesota

Louisville

Vanderbilt

Stanford

Army

etc

1 minute ago, TrojanDad said:

2 former CGers are on scholarship on the IU roster currently............

I've never seen a CG QB throw the ball like this young sophomore did during the comeback against Carmel.

Is he playing football just for fun to fill time before hoops season or is he thinking about playing at the next level?

2 hours ago, DT said:

Coach Moore is losing his touch.  He used to get his kids into IU all the time.

“Dirt floors” 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I thought CG didnt have talent?

LOL

Look at the recruiting rankings 2019 vs 2020

Huge difference in talent this year vs last.  I pointed out that difference and identified a talent gap across the big MIC powers, excluding Carmel.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

Not a single player from BD or WC in the Indiana Top 50 for Class of 2020.  I can guarantee you that has never happened since recruiting rankings were made public.  CG had one player in the Top 50.    So for the Class of 2020, 3 of the top 4 programs in the state produced 1 player in the states Top 50.  Hmmm

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

In 2019, Indiana produced 6 Four Star recruits   In 2020, the state produced 1

There has indeed been a talent drop off.  Its clear as day.  

4 minutes ago, DT said:

LOL

Huge difference in talent this year vs last.  I pointed out that difference and identified a talent gap across the big MIC powers, excluding Carmel.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

Not a single player from BD or WC in the Indiana Top 50 for Class of 2020.  I can guarantee you that has never happened since recruiting rankings were made public.  CG had one player in the Top 50.    So for the Class of 2020, 3 of the top 4 programs in the state produced 1 player in the states Top 50.  Hmmm

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

CG has player that was on their last year and maybe as a freshman too.  the only reason he is not on this year he was hurt most of the year 

And far Crowe goes do not quote me on this but I believe he was offered prefered walk on spot to a SEC school

2 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

CG has player that was on their last year and maybe as a freshman too.  the only reason he is not on this year he was hurt most of the year 

And far Crowe goes do not quote me on this but I believe he was offered prefered walk on spot to a SEC school

He was offered a PWO spot at Clemson

17 minutes ago, DT said:

LOL

Other people twist words and use hyperbole, while DT just kills them by spitting facts.  I love it.

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

He was offered a PWO spot at Clemson

I am in no way knocking CG.  They are clearly loaded at the sophomore and junior level, and I expect the best CG team ever assembled to hit the field in Aug 2021.

But the 2020 class is clearly weak.  Carmel has the best players . and they won big school state.  makes sense.  

1 minute ago, CaptainHook said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IN

I see two 4 stars.  And in your link, Fryar is listed as a 4 star as well.  So that's three.  Maybe not as down as you say.

Don't worry Hook.  This in no way waters down your championship.  It's still legit.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IN

you know, if you want people to click on your links, you really should click on theirs as well.  247 has been all over the place this year, as evidenced by Hartwig listed twice in both lists.  You are posting the old list where Fryar is listed as #1 recruit in IN as a 4 star.  Most recent list has Brevard as #1 and  Craig as #2.  Both as four stars as well.

Edited by CaptainHook

24 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

you know, if you want people to click on your links, you really should click on theirs as well.  247 has been all over the place this year, as evidenced by Hartwig listed twice in both lists.  You are posting the old list where Fryar is listed as #1 recruit in IN as a 4 star.  Most recent list has Brevard as #1 and  Craig as #2.  Both as four stars as well.

Im aware that the lists change

I posted the first one I viewed

I saw yours as well but did not look for the dates

Are you disputing my claim that 2019 is a much better class than 2020?

Edited by DT

1 minute ago, DT said:

Im aware that the lists change

I posted the first one I viewed

I saw yours as well but did not look for the dates

Are you disputing my claim that 2019 is a much better class than 2020?

merely disputing your claim that Indiana only has only one 4 star football player.  As usual, your research and facts are not accurate.

Just now, CaptainHook said:

also, you are comparing the final rankings of 2019 (which had 62 revisions) to 2020, which to date, is at 49, and has not even reached the early signing date.

Again, are you disputing my claim that the 2019 class is significantly stronger than the 2020 class?

Your NP homerism is shining brightly thru.  This is no indictment of your team.  Just that the overall quality of players was stronger last year.  Its a fact.  

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Again, are you disputing my claim that the 2019 class is significantly stronger than the 2020 class?

Your NP homerism is shining brightly thru.  This is no indictment of your team.  Just that the overall quality of players was stronger last year.  Its a fact.  

So the facts you posted have been shown to be wrong. This must upset you.  Clearly this was a down year in 6A.  But again, you are posting 2019's final rankings with 2020's that are not complete.  Not a fair assessment at this point.  And that somehow makes me a homer?

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

So the facts you posted have been shown to be wrong. This must upset you.  Clearly this was a down year in 6A.  But again, you are posting 2019's final rankings with 2020's that are not complete.  Not a fair assessment at this point.  And that somehow makes me a homer?

The facts are not wrong.  They were accurate when posted to the web.  Recruiting rankings are moving targets.  

You rarely post on anything that does not involve NP.  There are 3 NP players on the 2020 Top 50, and I am clearly stating that the 2019 group is far superior.  This obviously bothers you.