Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jimtown Coach Resigns

Just now, Knightmare said:

Would this job be a good candidate for a first time Head Coach?

I think any smaller job opening would be good for a first time HC, but this one may not just because of the history behind the program and expectations that may come with the job.

Why would Keith Kinder leave a 2 time sectional championship team/school with great facilities, awesome support, large fan-base, full time strength & conditioning coach on staff, etc. to go back to Jimtown which has numbers dwindling and community apathy for the sport?  Baugo has CHANGED since the glory days and the one's there KNOW it, but the one's still living in the past can't accept it.

4 minutes ago, FormerCoach said:

Why would Keith Kinder leave a 2 time sectional championship team/school with great facilities, awesome support, large fan-base, full time strength & conditioning coach on staff, etc. to go back to Jimtown which has numbers dwindling and community apathy for the sport?  Baugo has CHANGED since the glory days and the one's there KNOW it, but the one's still living in the past can't accept it.

You know that was the commentary coming out from Hobart as well until Coach Osika seemed to get the ship righted.   

24 minutes ago, FormerCoach said:

Easy there champ, I just said if I was Jimtown I would see if he was interested. I agree on your points but maybe KK wants to see his old school return to glory.

5 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Easy there champ, I just said if I was Jimtown I would see if he was interested. I agree on your points but maybe KK wants to see his old school return to glory.

Fair enough...the calling to "go home" could be there, but I can only imagine what Jimtown would have to offer in terms of support, salary, staff, etc. for him to consider it.

2 hours ago, FormerCoach said:

Have the facilities at Mishawaka changed that much to say they are great? Where do they practice? Is it in that same grassy knoll area next to the stadium? The stadium is awesome with the video board and all but last I saw the practice area wasn’t what you would call great?

Who cares where you practice as long as its close to the school! 

Give me the Strength and Conditioning coach......think about the amount of time and stress that takes of an HC. 

Give me a weight room that's functional and can accommodate large numbers of kids so you don't need to live at school all summer to run multiple sessions. 

Give me enough paid coaching positions to fill out a staff properly 

Give me a school system that is committed to hiring teachers that coach

Give me a coaches office that has room to move, is functionally set up to run a meeting, etc. 

Give me a community that understands what has to be asked of student athletes in order for a meaningful experience and success to have a chance to occur. 

The school that has more of these things is the more attractive job.  

People think its all about the how new and shiny things are.......  Practicality, Functionality, Sustainability is where its at. 

Remember,  Its not the climb to the top that wears you down, its the rock in your shoe! 

• Like 4

On 12/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

It is very tough to follow such a legend in Coach Sharpe, but I will say that Coach Mike Campbell did very well following the footsteps of Coach Sharpe.    Cheers to you Coach Campbell 

You never want to be the guy that follows the legend, you want to be the guy that follows the guy who followed the legend.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, Huge Football Fan said:

Have the facilities at Mishawaka changed that much to say they are great? Where do they practice? Is it in that same grassy knoll area next to the stadium? The stadium is awesome with the video board and all but last I saw the practice area wasn’t what you would call great?

That practice field is what makes Mishawaka football players.   By early September it is dirt hole and hard as a brick.  Oh the good ole days of practicing there.  Rain?  mud slop...      Sun?  Dust and dirt flying everywhere     Hot?  dirt sweat stink    Cold?   pain from the cold and the brick dirt.  Plus the occasional small rock that would protrude through was always fun.  Game field grass was so comfortable to land on after practicing behind the stadium all week.