Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Portage Job Open

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Has the New Prairie community actually started to question his methods? IMO, this would be a home run hire for Portage. He'll instill discipline and toughness, he can out-coach most coaches in the Region, and he can develop an offense that scores. Hope this rumor comes to fruition. 

At age 67 Portage would probably be his last stop.

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Has the New Prairie community actually started to question his methods? IMO, this would be a home run hire for Portage. He'll instill discipline and toughness, he can out-coach most coaches in the Region, and he can develop an offense that scores. Hope this rumor comes to fruition. 

Would love to see if his offense works when you’re playing the big kids every Friday night.

22 hours ago, Bobref said:

Would love to see if his offense works when you’re playing the big kids every Friday night.

I don't see his run-heavy offense working in the DAC.  The entire scheme relies on washing down the front and getting the edge - DAC defenders are too big and too fast.  Sharpe's Slicers had their success running trap right down the pipe, confusing teenagers with misdirection and fake hand-offs.  Time will tell...

5 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

I don't see his run-heavy offense working in the DAC.  The entire scheme relies on washing down the front and getting the edge - DAC defenders are too big and too fast.  Sharpe's Slicers had their success running trap right down the pipe, confusing teenagers with misdirection and fake hand-offs.  Time will tell...

Valpo did exactly that to the Dac this year.  Valpo ran counter with a kick or a log on the DE according to how he reacted.  It can be done.  Center Grove gets the edge just fine in the MIC.  There seems to be some really big and fast players in the MIC too.  I think it can be done.

• Like 1

Coach Radtke has how many 4,000-5,000 yard rushing teams in his coaching career?  You could make a strong case he is one of the best offensive minds for running the football in High School Football history.  Definitely for Indiana.  No concerns about his teams moving the football.......no matter what league he might coach in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

Coach Radtke has how many 4,000-5,000 yard rushing teams in his coaching career?  You could make a strong case he is one of the best offensive minds for running the football in High School Football history.  Definitely for Indiana.  No concerns about his teams moving the football.......no matter what league he might coach in. 

Love the hire

6-3 for PHS next season

Did I miss something??   How can someone love the hire that is not even a "hire"    pure reckless speculation 

Because 1 old retired guy on Twitter is trying to stay relevant in the local HS sports world puts out something reckless in my opinion, everyone believes it is a done deal.   

Once again Shameful.   

I will get the last word on this until Portage actually announces something.......   rest is pure reckless speculation 

• Thanks 2