Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2020

12 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Prayers to the Mishawaka community on the passing of Ross Perri.  He was a legend.  God Bless his family.

Sad news out of Mishawaka. he has been a part of the game in this area for a long time.  Prayers to his family and friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Potential Charter School at Washington fails

Looks like they still plan to operate somewhere next year with the plan of offering 125 openings for the initial freshmen class. It will be interesting to see if this takes off. I know they started some athletic teams in Indy. 

According to what we received at school, those students will be eligible to play for Washington.

Just know there is going to be a big fight to even let the charter in.

Also big money referendum coming up this May that will have much to do with South Bend Athletics...according to the superintendent

26 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

According to what we received at school, those students will be eligible to play for Washington.

Just know there is going to be a big fight to even let the charter in.

Also big money referendum coming up this May that will have much to do with South Bend Athletics...according to the superintendent

Just read the superintendent is now against the Charter coming to South Bend school.   Jeeze

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Just read the superintendent is now against the Charter coming to South Bend school.   Jeeze

Yes but they still are planning on coming to SB.  So they can open up in a building anywhere.  It should be interesting to see where since they appear to target a certain social-economic group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SOUTH BEND ST. JOSEPH
INDIANS
Coach: Bryon Whitten, 16-29 in 5th year at school
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0

Aug. 21 at Lakeland 3A 7:00 pm    
Aug. 28   Northridge 4A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 4 at John Glenn 3A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 11   South Bend Adams 5A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 18 at New Prairie 4A © 7:30 pm    
Sep. 25   Elkhart 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 2   Penn 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 9   Culver Academy 4A 7:30 pm    
Oct. 16 at Mishawaka Marian 3A © 7:00 pm  

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Glenn returns some talent. They are coming out of their rut a bit.  Don't know much about Lakeland. Northridge and Adams are no pushovers.

Adams did not win a game last year. I would say they got "pushed over" a lot last year. Plus, they lost their D1 QB and were out scored 400-144. Northridge had only 4 wins against  teams with a combined record of 5-37....Seems like they are push overs. With that said St. Joe has a long way to go if they will bounce back and have a winning record.

7 minutes ago, NICParentalFigure said:

Adams did not win a game last year. I would say they got "pushed over" a lot last year. Plus, they lost their D1 QB and were out scored 400-144. Northridge had only 4 wins against  teams with a combined record of 5-37....Seems like they are push overs. With that said St. Joe has a long way to go if they will bounce back and have a winning record.

I was trying to be polite.  😉

• Like 2

On 3/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, NICParentalFigure said:

They have to get stronger, stop having so many injuries, and not play so many kids both ways.  For the size of the school and team and with the competition that alone is a killer

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, Indian72 said:

So, I just found out St. Joe was supposed to open at Lakeland

They now open at Heritage Christian

Wonder if Kevin O'Shea being named the head coach of the Lakers had an impact on that?

Thought Kevin coached at North Central?

On 4/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Indian72 said:

So, I just found out St. Joe was supposed to open at Lakeland

They now open at Heritage Christian

Wonder if Kevin O'Shea being named the head coach of the Lakers had an impact on that?

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Thought Kevin coached at North Central?

Kevin O’Shea is, indeed, the coach at North Central. Ryan O’Shea is the new coach at Lakeland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty bad when I put the wrong 1st name of a distant relative pm my Father's side.  Hope he turns the fortunes of Lakeland around

On 4/29/2020 at 7:57 AM, Bobref said:

Kevin O’Shea is, indeed, the coach at North Central. Ryan O’Shea is the new coach at Lakeland. 

• 2 months later...

With a week away from start of Fall camp how do things look in the North and South assuming we get to start?

North does Penn take back the Crown?

Does Elkhart show they can be a force as the big dog?

New coach keep NP running new the top?

Can Marian move to north and make some noice?

Any others ready to make a move and win more games?

In the south who will take over from NP and Marian winning almost every NIC South title?

Can a SB school rise to top?

Bremen rebound?

Jimtown finally out of shadow of Marian and NP?

Glenn ready to be a team to compete?

Lets see if we can get some talk on here.